How to massively reduce RMT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Just PvP the RMTers. Easy.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Some of this would reduce RMT, sure, but you need to ask yourself is reducing RMT a goal of DBGs? Do you think the profit off it? Do you think they would profit more or less if RMT was reduced?
  3. Rhythar Augur

What I'd like to see is upper management tell the GMs "Enforce the rules, or you're fired". I've reported a bunch of RMTing, and I've never seen it enforced. The RMT issues would be greatly reduced if the GMs participated in stopping it.
  4. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

How'd you confirm RMT was occurring?
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Direct deposits
    Digler likes this.
  6. Rhythar Augur

There's a website where people buy/sell EQ accounts/items/services for cash. Sometimes people put their actual character names. Sometimes you can connect the dots.
  7. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Wow people put their actual in game names? That seems like an easy way to ban.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A name on a 3rd party website is enough evidence to ban someone from a game?
  9. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

@Rhythar

What's your in-game name, again?
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

SoE tried to stop RMT, spent actual millions of dollars trying, and yet....

they came to the conclusion that they really could not beat them, so they joined them.

Lesson to be learned, you don't have to RMT if you don't want to but if you do at least with Krono you help make the game profitable while you do it.
    Umul likes this.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

Anyone remember 1999 when characters were selling for $$$ (thousands)?

RMT has been a part of this game from the beginning. Some people have more money than time. Why punish them?
    code-zero, Digler, Umul and 1 other person like this.
  12. Trox2010 Augur

"WTS FBSS Loot Rights 10 Krono; just make free character on Firiona Vie, meet my character (insert name here) at PoK Main Bank. When FBSS drops, trade Krono, and I will assign loot to you."
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nothing stops them using someone else's in game name as a forum handle either.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Rhythar Augur

The description of the services a person provides on that site needs to match their behavior in-game. It's not enough for just the names to match.
  15. Umul Augur

The RMT you guys are looking for, are the PL bois. What do people mention a lot on aging TLPs? No one in the low level zones, no one to group with, etc etc. PL groups are big contributers to those factors.

Espcially add in truebox, you literally need them or a carry... or a new server ;)

Tl;Dr They should look at ways to nerf PL'ing, like their little sister over at wow classic did.
  16. Digler Elder

I've sold 1,000's of Krono and numerous max level characters on several servers.

Hit me up on any of the sites that allow such sales. My name is Skuz6969 on those sites.
    :D
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  17. Vulken9 Journeyman

So, your theory is to make it take longer for people to catch up to where most of the population is on a mature tlp server? I suspect the influx of actual new people (those not leveling alts) to be quite low and wouldn't sustain any amount of PUGs through the level ranges except maybe when new classes became available. Those leveling alts simply wouldn't bother if they weren't PLing themselves or friends.

But, I suppose you could be right.
  18. Truetotheblue Augur

Nerfs in classic WoW to PLs were nerfs to bad pathing and level gaps essentially. You could do the same in EQ with the latter but I don't think the results would be the same without hurting legit groups, they're vastly different games in terms of the value of XP. EQ has a level range cap already and PLers aren't "clevely using game mechanics" to circumvent certain things. I'd have a hard time seeing how they could replicate it in EQ without disrupting normal play. It's not a bad idea but I think it's hard to see them as equal in that regard (WoW vs EQ)
  19. Umul Augur

I see the draw on a truebox server to be able to main change with some krono. Thats a sweet QoL.

Farm krono on this burner necro and main change to monk or something, totally get it. I don't know that most players play that way tho. I would Lol but i also box.
  20. Umul Augur

The application wouldn't be the same, for sure. Just if the thread here is about Stopping the evil RMT warriors, most krono i would wager go through PL groups, like privately not in /1 .