How to massively reduce RMT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Mar 28, 2022.

1. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

There needs to be PvP it makes the game more fun cause it ups the stakes. How many times can you be afraid of a zombie train and still enjoy it
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Because WoW was where a lot of the PvP players went, prior to that your western fantasy MMO PvP only existed in a few places outside of EQ
    I would argue DAoC's RvRvR was superior to EQ PvP (even Sullon Zek's Ruleset) in every way and I know some EQ PvPers went there even before their servers started dying off.
    WoW didn't kill EQ PvP single-handedly, but it probably served as the penultimate nail in its coffin.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

Ultima Online PVP was superior to all others.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I hated it because my experience of it was 24/7 griefing for the 4 weeks I gave it a go.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What does that have to do with how EQ PvP is seen today? You are talking about something that happened around 18 years ago. That is also around the same time that all the PvP servers got merged into a single server.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it should be noted that WoW no longer has any dedicated PvP servers and it is just something you can chose to enable or disable as you play on any server.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Its fun to see dwarves invade crushbone to kill all the elves
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  8. Digler Elder

What was that new PvP server they had for a while?

It was a teams style PvP, with three factions. Good, Neutral and Evil.

I played on that for a while it was kinda fun. But eventually, everyone was Evil, or their numbers just overwhelmed everyone else. Having two of the best classes (SK/Necro) basically locked down really gave them a huge benefit.
  9. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Sulllon zek?

" Deity-based PvP server, with your deity's alignment (good, evil or neutral) determined your allies and enemies amongst players. No level limit on kills, coin loot. Officially "no rules", meaning no GM action could be taken against training, corpse camping, kill stealing or unfair behavior."
  10. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Thats why 4 teams 1: dwarves, gnomes, halflings. 2: wood elves, high elves, half elves. 3: humans, erudites, barbarians. 4: dark elves, ogres, trolls, iksars in kunark. This setup means everyone gets all classes except dark gets no paladins which isnt a huge deal. This way a lot of people will gravitate towards dark because you get to hunt the lights, and all the light races band together to fight the darks. It happened this way on both VZ and TZ. Also made for a lot of role players to make the game better.

Also they could add dark elf paladins as a special thing just for this server.

Adding dark elf paladins would ensure the server gets huge population.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or you just realize that EQ PvP is dead and is broken in general and doesn't have enough support for a new server.
  12. Truetotheblue Augur

Team 1 doesn't get Shaman, Monk, Bard, or Beastlord
    Team 2 doesn't get Necro, Berserker, Beastlord, Shaman, Monk, SK
    Team 3 gets everything. Go team 3.
    Team 4 doesn't get Bard, Druid, Ranger or Pally.

Hardly just no pally.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Hdizzle Augur

I've always been a proponent of Red Agnarr! I'd call the server New Freeport or something.

They already maintain an active dumpster fire live pvp server, having a locked 65 pvp server might be a fun mess around server. Got beef? see ya in New Freeport! *free transfers to zek included* Then you could have maxed out BIS vs Maxed out BIS, you could reset it every year, whatever.
  14. Elabone Augur

You guys who want pvp remember pvp from 2000. What are you going to do when a 6 mage boxer jumps your group with 6 mage pets and instantly kills any character with 6x nukes. These servers arent going to work out the way that you think. Youre not just going to be able to steam roll anyone you want, if you think pvp is going to fix pve issues, that probably means youre one of the people "losing" at pve. Youre still going to lose if they make a pvp server. jesus.
    Digler likes this.
  15. Digler Elder

Its not the 6 man mage armies I'd really be concerned by. Its the 18 man mage armies that would really scare me.

It would really just be an arms race of mage armies, and getting insta capped before you even realized what happened. Combine that with all the warping.

I have zero interest in a PVP server.

Those clamoring for it really aren't thinking it through, or they already have the names picked out for their 24 mages.
    Elabone likes this.
  16. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Lol, like I'd ever get killed by a mage. Be serious.
  17. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

People dont understand. Box armies will be killed on sight and hunted all the time. There will be guilds created just to hunt box armies since they are universally hated. And DPG will have more incentive to deal with them because they will cause more griefing. Imagine getting to take out all your frustrations on boxers finally after all these years. Boxers will be vilified.

Also do you hate someone who keeps training? Not only can you report him but you can kill him every time he comes around.
  18. Yarteb Elder

A PvP server won't work because DPG will not invest to enforce the rules. They will know where you are, what level you are and will warp to kill you or to escape. Sounds like great fun, not..
  19. Gnothappening Augur

If they do pvp, expect it to be without any form of GM support, because pvp is a recipe for griefing. After the server loses support, expect to see more than a 6 box of mages, expect a guy to hit your group with 24 guys on autopilot.
  20. code-zero Augur

So basically you have a fantasy of being some sort of semi-official vigilante who can always call in the GM's when you're getting your butt handed to you? Got it :D
    Metanis and Gnothappening like this.