Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Deillusional Augur

I think there are many false positives being incurred. Way to go, you release broken content, remove the raid npc from the game, and then suspend people from their accounts. We have a guild member who I did some missions with and he no way exploited anything, that has been suspended. I suggest you rethink these suspensions before you have no playerbase left.
  2. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

QFT
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Anyone who tries to justify this sploit should realize just how incredibly easy this game is for real. Its too easy to "search" for ways to get ahead .. So if ya got banned for using this sploit .. good on ya. DBG keep up the good work.

And to all those who got busted, an swear they walkin away .. why even create "new accounts" to post anything what so ever .. yea yea yea .. heard it before .. see you when the bans lifted cause everyone knows yall ain't going any where..
    feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sounds like a few different things...

1) People could take the group Scion to a raid DZ and use it there. Get raid loot? This is apparently the reason the NPC was yanked according to one of the many other threads. People that did *THIS* if it's what happened... enjoy your vacation from the game. You deserve the suspension. Don't even try to say that it's "Daybreaks fault". Bugs happen, if you take advantage of an obvious bug like that... you really do deserve what happens. And the loot had better be taken away.

2) Dropping the task, opening the chest. Long suspensions for this are pretty harsh.

3) And finally... people that are saying they didn't do it. Are they getting caught up in this because of joining a group that was doing #2 so they're guilty by association? If so, that's not fair at all and someone should be looking at things more closely. This wouldn't be the first time an automated script to check for issues caught people it shouldn't. Mass suspensions should really be looked at by a human... and not trusted to a script. Make sure they're correct if you're going to do it.
    Huna likes this.
  5. Deillusional Augur

Also i think in 3) If they did the mission not realising they had no lock out and redid it before the timer would have expired (like 4hrs later instead of 4.5 or whatever the lockout is) got them the suspensions for not knowing it was broken in the first place and b) not keep tracking of lockout time, and seeing it was up so went to do it.

I think the decisions should be reversed for 3) and my suggestion and probably 2) due to the harshness.
  6. Huna Journeyman

I could see what your suggesting there if someone didn't receive a lock out and then ran it sooner than it should have allowed. Daybreak should be able to see that and hopefully reverse the suspension. Yet I doubt it will happen.

Not like I check lock out normally unless asked if I want to do mission X Y or Z then I will check.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

No one has gone on record as to say there will be sweeping disciplinary action.

The NPC was removed fairly quickly. Don't make this out to be more than it is. Those who are calling for blood are probably doing so not because people cheated but for payback for not being able to do the raid. Bring it up with your friends and guildmates. Some of you all that are crowing the loudest probably know someone who took advantage of the exploit to start with. Raid guilds tend to be in a better position to run the furthest with these sorts of things, and everyone should stop fooling themselves into thinking that it wasn't self-inflicted pain you are going through here.
  8. fransisco Augur

hurray for suspensions!
    Its wonderful that they are finally punishing cheaters.
    Now lets get ready to hear from all the victims who "didn't cheat" and were "Falsely accused"
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Thrillho Augur

Not exactly sure which of the multiple threads to post this on. Lets go with this 23-pager, it seems to be the most active. Not advocating either side, not saying this was or wasn't an exploit, just addressing some things that I've noticed that seem a bit... silly.

1. "(14 / 21) days for this?! Unbelievable!" Duration of the suspensions is (most likely) dictated by the amount of infractions already on your account. A 7 day suspension seems to be the duration for the first infraction. Second, 14 days. Third, 21 days. I know a few people who were suspended for this - one received a 7 day, and was the first infraction. Another received a 14 day, and I know it's at least the second infraction on that account. It's a progressive discipline system, and it isn't all that uncommon.

2. The only exploit that was confirmed was the lockout one. No dev has posted about the raid loot exploit, if there even were such a thing. There's also zero harm in mentioning it in the notes, so I don't know why it wouldn't be addressed if it were fixed. Advocating for the ban / suspension of those who were exploiting a theoretical exploit seems silly.

3. Those that inadvertently ran the mission again before the lockout would have been up - did you not notice you didn't have a lockout? Did you not notice your lack of experience at the end of the mission? Or lack of currency? Or the "you have been removed from this task" message before the chest was opened? Or the task leader saying "hey guys, gonna boot this so I can rerun it"? Or anyone else in the group you were just in running the task again? Did you not at any time within the 6 hour lockout check your lockouts with the /tasktimer command and notice that you didn't have a lockout when you could've sworn you would have?
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Erhm, I might have started that rumor in a speculative post earlier in this thread. :oops: FWIW I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere...:confused:
  11. Deillusional Augur

I received the following message from someone:

"I never did that mission more than once a day. I can't solo that mission, my second account has no RoS expac. I miss tons of those currency still and I don't even have the augment that can drop in that mission."

What are you suspending people for?
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

13. Marike Elder

There are plenty of people who've never been suspended/received infractions that received 14-day suspensions. There are also plenty of people who have been suspended before that received 7-day suspensions. Both sets received seem to have received the same reasoning in the notification e-mail.

At first, my theory was that people who received 7-day bans were people who just participated in the mission, 14-day bans for participating and looting something, and 21-day bans for.... RNG? But I no longer believe this to be the case...so I, too, am curious.

Thank you for your consideration!
  14. Gialana Augur

I wouldn't be surprised if people received suspensions for looting the chest without getting the lockout, even if they didn't redo the mission for more than 6 hours.

I haven't tried to log in any of my accounts today, but I haven't received any emails about being suspended. I tried this mission a few times. Though I got close once, I never beat it. So at least in my case, just being in the group mission and dropping it without spawning the chest was not enough to receive a suspension.
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I would live to see something from the CSR team saying what was up and why.

Then again if those of that were banned sacked up and tell us what they did then we as able minded people can decipher their crap words and come to a sane conclusion. That would be cool.

Id assume if they can take the group drop to the raid dz, some guild has alot more flags than they should...
  16. Rulah New Member

I received a 7 day suspension on main char. What could have happen is a scenario you describe. Not keeping track of my lockout time. I log in early every morning around 5-6am in the morning my time, and I usally play to 9-10pm(during new expansions). = 2x3 missions per day for me. Yeah I could actually have started a mission earlier by misstake maybe 1-2hr before lockout. It could be like this. But what talks against this scenario is then my monk alt should be suspended as well cause ive been bringing him with me.

And it must be very obviously and easy to seperate the true exploiters/cheaters from us who hasnt done anything intentionally. If you see someone who has done this mission over and over again. And you see someone that has done it 1-2hrs earlier 1 day.

Anyway I can only talk for myself. And I have not done any exploiting to get advatage over anyone else. I have not by passed the lockout times to do the missions over and over again. Heck there was even days I only did the mission 1 time.

I know error has been done here. I know people been suspended for both valid reasons and for invalid reasons. I know guildies that only done mission 1 time per day and got suspended. This must be fixed and adressed immediately. When you suspend someone you should have valid reason for it. I see myself as innocent cause I know I hasnt done anything wrong.
  17. svann Augur

You might be right. Instead of 3 week suspension perhaps an account wide rollback to dec 11th would be more appropriate.
  18. Gialana Augur

If you did not drop the mission before opening and looting the chest, then you could not have bypassed the lockout timer, which means you weren't suspended for accidentally redoing the mission an hour or two early. Is it possible you were in the mission with another person who dropped the mission before opening the chest, avoiding the lockout timer? Perhaps that triggered whatever script DBG used to suspend accounts. If that's the case, I don't think it's fair.

If the above isn't possible, then maybe there was something other bug DGB isn't telling us about, or maybe you got caught in a false positive. I hope your petition is answered quickly and your account unsuspended.
  19. Scorrpio Augur

This is total BS. For the record: didn't do it, not suspended.

As long as instanced missions existed, this was the well known trade-off. You do it for the shinies and hopefully a namer, and can rinse/repeat immediately, but you forgo the xp/alt currency. Heck, DB even moved the xp reward for CotF HAs to completion away from the mob kills. They could have EASILY moved shiny/namer spawn step to happen AFTER the HA completion. But for years, it has been quite well established that you could opt out of certain rewards in exchange for no lockout. Now can ANYONE here honestly come out and say they never ever dropped the HA so they could go for another attempt because they did not get that shiny/namer they were after?

So someone at DB created a ludicrously easy mission where you lose what? 4 AA if you opt for no lockout? People do same exact thing they used to do for past 4 expacs and suddenly this is wrong?

Lets say some dev messed up loot table and made OT sarnaks drop chase loot 100% of the time. Everyone and their dog would be all over OT sarnaks in an instant. And then bam, DBG suspends anyone who touched an OT sarnak since RoS launch.
    Same exact thing.

This is really a very bad move on part of DBG.
  20. Vdidar Augur

So DBG please let me know what early in the week means to you. Last I checked Thursday was not early in the week.