Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Zunnoab Augur

As much as I hope the severity is reconsidered (I didn't do the exploit myself for obvious reasons), thanks for clarifying that.
  2. clohie1234 New Member

I'll Cya there, on my non suspended account!
    feeltheburn and Bigstomp like this.
  3. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

So here is a question, are people that have been doing the exact same thing with EOK missions and the other 3 ROS missions getting suspensions or was it only the people that did OT?

The other missions all have this exact same exploit mechanic.
  4. Derrick New Member

But the thing is YOUR GAME ALLOW IT TO BE DONE THIS WAY for the past years.

If it something u dont want ppl to do it the way you wanted, then it should not even be allow to happen in the first place.
    And what best is this it is something that have been in game for the past years.

And from what u said THE IDEA IS.
    Then everything in game in an EXPLOIT.
    Because all the individual Raid tactic used by all Guilds are EXPLOIT because all guild have their own idea on how to beat the Event.
    Giving another example.
    COTF portal attuning, isnt it THE IDEA IS to access by running from multiple old zone to get Attuned?
    but player can simply just use the Fellowship system in game to instantly get attune without running any zone.
    This you dont called EXPLOIT? This is what your Game allow. How you justified this?
    I just cannot comprehend the concept being used.
  5. Igniz Augur

It's a matter of scale. You should probably try to finish middle school if you don't understand that ...
  6. Lily Augur

They should go back to the PoHate raid. People did that back to back for hours on end, getting full raid credit and loot. Then the lock out timers caught up with them. Some people were locked out for months. Even though I never did that raid, I was penalized because there weren't enough people in my guild who didn't have long lock outs.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

You fix that by joining a guild that doesn't cheat.
    Risiko, svann, feeltheburn and 3 others like this.
  8. clohie1234 New Member

Okay, the first post was funny. The second, you should leave your guild cause quite a few people in your guild, were at that misison...

It's a matter of scale. You should probably try to finish middle school if you don't understand that ...

English probably isn't his first language, maybe not his second.
  9. Zunnoab Augur

Bizarre they didn't have some kind of check in place for that, regarding the extended raid lockouts. The one and only time I got in trouble for something like that was people convinced us the extended timer was the intended temporary fix for the Crystallos fire miniboss repopping. In that case my guild at that time pre-merge only got a three day suspension though. As to why this is so disproportionately severe for this group mission I don't understand, however exploit wise the group mission exploit is worse because it evaded the lockout entirely rather than being an efficiency exploit as the Crystallos and Hate one (which I didn't know about until now) above.

There's a difference between evading a lockout and repeating infinitely for loot and repeating an event for an extended lockout, and that is the only reason I could guess as to why they are so disproportionately punishing people for this.

I feel bad for the people caught up in it on the periphery. It's just bonkers how out of proportion it is. The "what do I say to convince people to keep playing" moments after each ridiculous nerf or regressive design direction crippling abilities leading up to this is frustrating.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Possibly. Our roster between raid and casuals is large. I'm not aware of any yet. (raw numbers say it's quite possible)
  11. clohie1234 New Member

You have to wait for the servers to reboot, everyone who is suspended that was currently logged in, is still logged in.

Keep an eye out for those "hey guys family vacation just came up, going to be about 21 days, maybe 14, or 3"
  12. Derrick New Member

"It's a matter of scale" is more than enough for your reply.

You can keep your INSULT on others for yourself.
  13. Kobrah Augur

If this was reported as a bug and you got suspended or banned for exploiting it then /golf clap for you. EQ version of a bait car. If the car is running, left alone, and it's not yours, you should probably not hop in it and drive off.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. WAFLOL Journeyman

Sorry to break up the snowflake love fest! But this is a real nightmare for many players. Maybe you don't understand the repercussions or blow back that this has. When your servers dead and Daybroke has chased off your player base. 90% of this game is social, have fun roaming a dead game. I love watching the trolls try and ridicule and insult people. You guys really are pathetic.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

Considering how many people this has hit, I doubt people will need to tip toe around it. I cannot think of a time they have taken such a huge action against the player base outright, and I use that wording specifically since this was known for years.

I'm not excusing the people that took advantage of it but weeks is just absolutely out of proportion to this. It's like things in this game are done entirely without any consideration to how it may affect how people think of the game, in reference to the continual gutting of popular abilities over the last several years. I mean many people I know look at patch days with a snide attitude of "what will they take away next?" It's not good when things have devolved to that point.
  16. clohie1234 New Member

Lets expand upon the analogy.

Every car was okay for the past 3 years (and others cars are still driveable being driven as we post), this one was the Lamborghini, you don't touch the Lamborghini.
  17. Kobrah Augur

So what you're saying is you're a long time cheater? lol
    feeltheburn and Whulfgar like this.
  18. Elricvonclief Augur

From all the vitriol, I wonder how many raiding guilds had folks nailed for exploiting?

Something tells me, it's more than a few...

Even more important, will it affect rankings?
    Allayna likes this.
  19. Nein Lyves Lorekeeper

I have a really hard time believing people just didn't know this was an exploit. If I got into a group, and the discussion was something like, "Ok, normally we can only do this once every few hours and get the loot, BUT there is a way around it that allows us to get the loot and constantly redo it!", I am instantly aware that something shady is going on and I want to ctrl-d, and leave that group to their dubious activities.

The only way you could possibly accept it's not an issue is that if you started out doing this years ago with trepidation, didn't get caught, got braver over time, and kept doing it fooling yourself into thinking it was all fine and above board. Now years later you get busted and don't understand why.

Here is the results of the action DB has taken:
    1) The cheating players cancel their accounts.
    2) The cheating players wait out their banning period and come back.

In case 1, that means less cheaters in the game. That sounds good to me! Given the choice between a large population of cheaters, or a smaller population of people playing the game as it was intended, I'll take the latter.

In case 2, that means more players that got their hands slapped will now think twice before doing anything dodgy. Also great! I'll be happy to have them around.
    Tarvas, Bigstomp and Elricvonclief like this.
  20. Faelyn New Member

Every guild will have players who did this... as it's something that's been a part of the game for years now, so why wouldn't they?

It will effect whatever guilds don't get the core players flagged the first week they could have, thus extending the t2 wins by a week or more.

As for that Igniz guy who's enjoying this immensely, I wonder how your guild mates feel about you right now who are effected by this? Not really a good voice for Shadows of Doom right now, if I were an officer I'd be telling you to keep your opinions to yourself right now.