Account Suspensions

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hawrlee Quinn, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Ok, I get that suspensions are warranted in the case of the cheaters that got raid loot using the group cactus clicky in the raid version of Fell Foliage .. I think we can all 1000% agree there. But how were those that farmed the GROUP mission exploiting anything that hasn't been able to be done in 90% of all of the other group missions currently in game, and have been able to for YEARS? Where were the bans for those farming Droga every 5 minutes? Why not ban those that farm missions to spawn named? Or collectables? Aren't they all "avoiding intended lockouts" as well?

This is ridiculous, and I think you've gone a LONG way towards ticking off a LOT of people that were doing nothing other than that has been done for years. If you want to fix it to not be doable anymore, then fine. But this seems like a very selective retro-active punishment, and is a complete load of bull.
  2. amon1 New Member

so id like proof for my suspension cause I never did the exploit nor knew of it till they took it out of game but send me an email saying I was using this said exploit ! ????? I pay gold for a reason to play so refund me 7 days worth on my time thanks daybreak
  3. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

A few people in my guild have had the same thing happen. They never ran the mission AT ALL .. but got an email saying they used an exploit in the mission and were suspended for it. And I go back to my original point. If dropping a task and opening a chest is doable in 90% of the other missions in game (and has been that way for years), why are suspensions going out for ONLY THIS mission? Seems like they're throwing wet spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Also, some people getting 7 days, some getting 14 days. I'm completely at a loss for this one. And of course, there's no phone # to register a complaint, and if your acct is suspended you can't even post on the forums about it because you have ZERO access to your account.
  4. Sarahenity New Member

Seems like something that should have been found and fixed in BETA, to suspend those now for deploying a game that was broken on release seems unfair and hurts guilds trying to progress only to lose a few members . Seems silly just looks like DB wants to kill the game instead of fixing for players to enjoy.
  5. WhatWiz New Member

Dropping an expansion, vanishing for 2 weeks, then coming back and suspending folks for a mechanic that's been in game for years is harsh. I guess this is the kind of thing one should expect from a company that relies on its player base to QA their product.
    Slippry and Hawrlee Quinn like this.
  6. amon1 New Member

I never used the exploit but said I had ran the exploit no I waited 5 hours redid the mission
    total bs
  7. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

I think the biggest issue here is this mechanic has been in play for years now for TBM and EOK if not longer. Not entirely sure why they feel the need to suddenly dish out extremely long suspensions if reports are true for this mission rather then for every other mission that has ever existed. After a certain point in time of that being a known and reported mechanic issue and nothing being done despite them being told about it you have to wonder when it shifts from being an exploit to a design mechanic.
    Hawrlee Quinn likes this.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

there's a separate lockout for requesting the mission. they aren't avoiding that intended lockout and thus aren't exploiting.

cycling the mission for loot on the other hand, is cheating. and you deserve your suspension for doing it. stop crying.

just because you didn't get caught before (or nobody's been caught before) doesn't make it right. if you and your coworkers all stole $10 a day for years from your employer and they eventually caught you and you got fired you would still deserve it; despite the fact that "everyone" was doing it for a long time.
  9. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

I don't think I could have said it any better. When does that shift occur when after multiple reports and bugs are filed, and nothing is done? And it's definitely been longer than TBM, it can be done as early as most CotF missions that have chests at the end.
  10. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Again, it's been done for years. It's been reported for years. It's been /bug for years. It's been posted on and brought to the Devs attention for years. Nothing was done, it was never even mentioned by Devs as something they're looking into, or even REMOTELY interested in.

An even bigger problem is there's a lack of consistency with the punishment. If you're going to punish for "avoiding intended lockouts", then where are the bans for those that run missions to spawn named, and if they get a PH they drop and start again? You're avoiding a lockout there. What about the ones running missions to spawn collectibles, dropping task, and doing it again? You're avoiding a lockout there too. Where are the bans for those that ran Droga every 5 minutes when EoK came out to farm armor and augs? Yep, avoiding a lockout there too. So why are the suspensions ONLY handed out to those that ran Fell Foliage (and in some cases even people that never ran it)?

I FULLY agree that those that used a group item to spawn a group mob in a raid instance to get raid loot should be suspended or banned. THAT is an exploit. But doing something that has been in game long enough to be considered almost a part of the mechanic and getting suspended without warning for it is just stupid.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

honestly, I think they would be justified in hitting anyone who did the collectables or named spawning thing (as in doing the mission 90% to spawn named and restarting as you described above)....

it's all exploiting... just because nobody's cared before doesn't make it all the sudden an intended mechanic.

why are the suspensions only for ros? because there's TONS of logs they have to process to see if someone exploited the mechanic. they had to choose an arbitrary point to do it, and 2 weeks makes much more sense than 2 years.
  12. Feznik Elder

Stop whining, and learn to speak with your dollars$$ Oh wait, this is us EQ players we are talking about. We never learn and gladly give Daybreak our money:p
  13. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Ok, then I ask again. Where's the suspensions for those that farmed Droga, or any other mission for the last 2 weeks? Those logs would be just as available to them as the logs from RoS missions.

My guess is that they were too lazy to see who used the raid exploit, and just said f* it, they'll suspend everyone that did the mission PERIOD, and call it a day. And why the suspensions for those that DIDN'T farm it, but were told by DB that they did?
  14. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

I would also point out, dropping a task before opening a chest still doesn't give you 100% of the rewards for the mission .. group currency and end task XP isn't given. If it did, then yes you now have a serious argument for an exploit - 100% of the rewards, zero lockout.

So essentially they're suspending people for 1-3 weeks for doing 2/3 of a mission, and getting 2/3 of the rewards.

And if you told your boss everyone was stealing, you showed him, you filed reports, and your boss did nothing .. He is telling everyone to go ahead and do it, he doesn't care. Then change his mind and say "you know what, I actually don't want you doing it and you're all now fired for it". I guarantee you those employees would have a lawsuit filed before the ink on their termination letters was dry.
  15. WhatWiz New Member

I did, screw them. While its only 2 accounts, its a start. If people want to see real change, they need to hit them where it hurts, not just complain about how bad things are.
  16. WAFLOL Journeyman

So did I. Cancelling all (6) accounts credit card auto renews. I also refuse to purchase expansion on other 5 accounts. I almost pulled the trigger on expansion last night too..so glad I didn't. Some people unknowingly were involved in this too, just by being in a group doing these missions. This has to be the worst public relations debacle I've ever seen in EQ (y2k veteran), mere weeks after an expansion launch!! Are they knowingly trying to hurt their player base and pocket books?! Half my server was suspended..it's a frickn ghost town!! A suspension for so many people after years of /bug reports and poor programing really is unwarranted and extreme...Daybreak will no longer get any real dollars from me. Time to farm Kronos for free play time! Take the Kronos away, I dare you. It will end you.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

So they initial post on this talks about getting raid gear. Were people taking the group Scion and taking it into the raid dz, clicking and getting the group cactus and a raid chest?

Or are people simply getting suspended for dropping task/opening the chest?

The former, enjoy your vacation. I can't feel sorry for you. The latter, that's pretty harsh.
  18. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

The exploit that caused them to take it down so abruptly was people using the group scion to get raid gear. And I think everyone agrees that's a clear violation and exploit, and those people should be suspended or banned. However, DB suspended ANYONE that dropped the task to get chest loot, whether it was group or raid loot. I think they were just too lazy to find out who the raid exploiters were, and figured it was just easier to suspend anyone that did it, period.
  19. WAFLOL Journeyman

There were two separate occurrences..Raid and group. But this suspension applies to group mission as well. It's across the board.
  20. CrazyEq New Member

Its away for them to STEEL you Money really They Should of never Put this expansion out because It was not READY! Only Have the mission are BUG in some way or a other
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.