Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Huna Journeyman

Something like working as intended, until its a bug.
  2. Thrillho Augur

The team was out until early in the week. It was never meant to be launched early in the week.

Monday - Holiday
    Tuesday - Productivity after a holiday? Probably got as much done as I did at my job. Catch up on emails, sort out bug reports, test fixes, etc.
    Wednesday - Finish bug checking, sort out patch, announce launch
    Thursday - Here we are

Looks like it's been delayed anyway. Probably from the uproar in the patch notes discussion about various "what about this?" comments. Sounds like it may not be fully tested.

Plus they've probably spent a good portion of time figuring out who to suspend.
  3. Koldanar Elder

The definition of an exploit is using something that exists in an underhand or unfair way. For those of you that think getting loot/spell/vp key part plus aug chance every 5 minutes when the lockout timer for doing the mission is 6 hours is not exploiting then you are kidding yourself.

Was DB coding poor? Yes
    Was DB testing inadequate? Yes

That still doesn’t mean exploiting is acceptable. Everquest is not just a normal game, it’s a community. Cheating/exploiting affects the community. How many people missed out on legitimate loot from group mission or raids during the holiday period because of this!

As for the account ban, not me to judge but personally I’d prefer that accounts that were proved to have been exploiting were rolled back to ROS launch. That would stop this arguement about people paying money for something they can’t access but also enforce that cheating doesn’t pay
    Toriann likes this.
  4. Seldom Augur

Even though none of my accounts were found in the wrong, I'm not a fan of these suspensions. I don't believe it's right to allow others to do this for many years, in various expansions and then decide to punish some folks in RoS for doing same procedure. This is nearly the equivalent of much of the EQ population opening doors with illusion "trick" for many years IMO. It was done at such a prolific rate and in game for such a long duration, it wasn't considered an "exploit". A patch message explaining things have been corrected and weren't intended would have sufficed
    Gialana and WAFLOL like this.
  5. Cleaver Augur

Should of been a warning to everyone who did it. You don't let people get away with it for years and all of the sudden suspend people for it. Its selective enforcement. They seen others doing it and nothing ever happen to them so they did it.
    WAFLOL likes this.
  6. Huna Journeyman

Not to single your post out but this might need some fact checking. Because if that's the case why haven't the other 5 members I mainly grouped with doing the tasks received suspensions? They all should have been tagged with the same results because we were all there from mission start to completion.

Now I guess everyone must /taskt at start and end of a mission to verify you have a replay timer or not.
  7. WAFLOL Journeyman

"These account suspensions were not made in error, and affect those who bypassed the lockout timer for Fell Foliage multiple times. Exploiting bugs in-game is a direct violation of the EverQuest Rules of Conduct, regardless of how long the bug has been around. Due to the nature of this specific situation no accounts were permanently banned, although intentionally abusing exploits can be grounds for an account ban. If you believe your account was wrongly suspended, please contact CS at help.daybreakgames.com. As you will not be able to login to the suspended account, you’ll have to make a new Daybreak account in order to open up a ticket." Roxxlyy
    Community Relations
    Welcome to Daybreak games folks! Where we decide what is and isn't an exploit on a whim, whenever we feel like it. Oh, by the way, here's a mass suspension to our paying customers! Now come buy our new expansion!
  8. Huna Journeyman

I like this part.
  9. Kady New Member

SOE treated us faily and Now we have DGB dictators RIP EQ.
  10. Derresh Augur

SOE and DBG are the same people, Sony sold SOE so obviously they cant continue to call themselves Sony Online Entertainment. Nothing else changed except the name.
  11. Kady New Member

The people changed too obviously with this kinda of stuff is pure intent to end the game.
  12. Derresh Augur

Well Prathun did have a suspicious looking mustache on the last EQ stream I watched, perhaps he is an imposter.
  13. plearana New Member

I always thought eq would just slowly fade away, never did I think that DB would kill it on purpose. I
  14. Kady New Member

Well when you suspend 50% of the EQ population and call your own screw up that has been around 3 years and now call it an exploit there is no slow in the impending SUB cancelations.
  15. gnomeboss Augur

16. Huna Journeyman

Who all is in Pantheon and is it any good? My money is looking to head their way after this garbage if its not resolved.

Just PM me no need to reply here.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

"These account suspensions were not made in error, and affect those who bypassed the lockout timer for Fell Foliage multiple times."

"These account suspensions were not made in error, and affect those who bypassed the lockout timer for Fell Foliage multiple times."

18. Kady New Member

Yeah its in PRE Alpha Mode so progress is being made for a new place to go.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Why did today's patch get cancelled?
  20. CrazyLarth Augur