Holly's new tweet about raid zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Katmandu26, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Bumtil New Member

The point is Glist, with instancing we would be free to fight Naggy in whatever way we want, which is more than can be said about the server in the current situation. Most of us would probably join other small guilds etc and bring whoever, since most of us don't care about min/maxing or everyone would be running 6 man mage groups on the server right now.
  2. Tarrin Augur

For some people having the content completely blocked off from them because they don't sit at a spawn point hours..yes.

And as you said. Its no big deal killing these mobs right? So why not instance them?
  3. liveitup1216 Augur

So far nobody at all is really sitting on spawns for hours for raid targets. It's been the usual trackers and racing to the targets whether its vox naggy inny or ct.

So there's still no problem to be fixed.
  4. Hendar2 Augur

If Naggy is no big deal... if Naggy isn't worth arguing over... then why do people object to instancing Naggy? You see it goes both ways. Clearly raid content, even the trival stuff is worth fighting over. I'd like my guild to take down Naggy at some point, but I see no reason for us to lower ourselves to the level of the people currently killing him. I've been in hardcore raiding guilds before, and I've raced for content. What we are seeing is quite different.
  5. Laronk Augur

If it turned into a cesspool again then I would say that instancing is needed but as far as I can see no one really wants to even try to go kill a dragon, when I run to Vox I don't see any other guilds running there even if it's primetime. When I run to Naggy all of the giants on the way get cleared I don't see any other guilds running there either. This isn't like Fippy, on Fippy other guilds actually WANTED the raid mobs.

With instancing it would be nice if there was some elaborate quest or something in addition to the lockout.
  6. Tarrin Augur

I can accept it may be like that mostly now. I have first hand seen otherwise.
  7. Glistarian Augur

What are we seeing, exactly?
  8. Heilena Augur

Problem with lower level instancing is you can farm naggy/vox/hate/fear with 12 people.

That is the only issue I have with instanced Classic raids. At least in Kunark you wont be doing the raid content with 12.

Instanced raids do need to happen, but the question is how to do it. When you have 4k+ on a server even if only 10% are trying to raid, that's 400 people trying to raid the same 5 targets.

They do keep saying this is a classic feel. Well NOTHING is classic about this TLP, and it is called TIME LOCKED PROGRESSION, and not EQ CLASSIC REBOOT. So Roshans comment about wanting to keep stuff classic, is just well trash.
  9. Numiko Augur

Sorry but if you are playing classic EQ to "compete" you are playing the wrong game.

There is no competition vs. other players, as people will just shrug and wander off when the mage armies show up.

There is no competition vs. the environment at this point as hitting the pet attack button followed by a marco, then seeing what pops up in the advanced loot window is not being "competitive"

makes me laugh when people running these armies claim they are "working" and "competing" for the best gear when all they are doing it hitting F8 and Attack, and that "lesser players" with just one or two accounts "want things handed to them on a platter"

maybe try league of legends, I hear you can actually make money competing in that game.
  10. Ceffener Augur

I feel at this point the official solution will be a spanking to all members who fail to follow a rotation.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. taliefer Augur

It's because most everyone who wanted to "compete" all joined the same guild. There's significant member counts from at least 3 different fippy raiding guilds in TL. Combine that with A lot of people who might be interested in raiding, know what it will be like if they throw their hat into the ring and just not wanting to go down that path again

It wasn't fun the first time. TL has given no outward appearance it will be different this time with numerous members posting they want to "dominate" the server even before it launched
  12. taliefer Augur

A GM enforced rotation would be the worst possible solution. And not very likely
  13. Ceffener Augur

I didn't say it would be a good solution lol.
  14. Jamz Augur

If the past is any indication of a GM enforced rotation refer back to Fippy, they dedicated a GM to mandate the rotation. After a week the GM lost track of what was going on and couldn't understand how spawns worked and gave up. So good luck with that.
  15. dundada3100 Elder

how is one guild on Ragefire (TL) and like 2 guilds on LJ (Faceless and AD) "High raid zone population" ROFL. back in the day servers had half a dozen guilds raiding the planes and doing epics. What a joke.
  16. Vaclav Augur

And SolB, and Perma, and... and...

Additionally they said before that the problem doing the raid zones was that they'd have to do something for the raid targets too - expect raid targets instanced same time as the zone trash in raid zones.
  17. Vaclav Augur

I don't even play on Ragefire anymore, and I know there's been at least three involved in the scuffles up there.

And on Lockjaw there's been a number of scuffles (less serious ones, and none too recently) between those two, an unguilded box group (Lenolan and company) and the <Hey I m TL> group that's gone through like nine guild tags now. [Mostly the latter was stirring up stress with the other three though - one minor bumping of heads with AD/Faceless that I've gotten wind of - and being the HITL people have chilled out a bit... been quiet]
  18. Vaclav Augur

It's like a Jamz post breaking the format of a single line of text, under 15 words that really does nothing but try to point a finger at someone else. They're both mysteries and completely unproductive but yet they both keep occurring.
    Jadefox and Aneuren like this.
  19. Vaclav Augur

You put minimums on requesting an instance and you leave a single open world copy alone - it's not really hard to give a chance to both camps.

Besides the oddball "want to lowman Naggy, don't want to wait out the spawn" types at least.
  20. Tarrin Augur

Don't tease me with a good time.