Holly's new tweet about raid zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Katmandu26, Jun 12, 2015.

1. beyrak Augur

Let's just move on to Kunark and be done with this classic nonsense mess. There's nothing classic about it anyway. It seems to just cater to the whiners of the world.
  2. beyrak Augur

I know what the issue is, its thousands of people in a game w/o exapcs. And people like you whining and crying.
  3. Laronk Augur

I don't mind instancing, but I wish the people asking for instancing would at least try and compete for the mobs
  4. Eqplayer1999 Elder

i can see all the elitist in TL getting upset ... oh no i cant sell my lewts for $$ anymore.. you want to raid go earn it... screw you guys, you dont own this game, you just have no life and can spend all day on EQ and make enough $ selling lewts to pay your parents for your share of rent.
    SBC0 likes this.
  5. taliefer Augur

lol @ people that think kunark, or even velious makes the problem go away.

the raid scenes become even more toxic at this point
    Silv, Katmandu26 and Denithor like this.
  6. Jamz Augur

Is there a single thread on the last 5 pages that doesn't mention TL at least somewhere?
  7. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

Lol, like I have never raided. All you anti instancers just call us whiners. It's the only argument you have for us anymore. I'm done responding to you, troll.
  8. Tarrin Augur

Man. When I hear "earn" and "compete" being thrown around..and then remember that the only thing to it is "showing up with a 6 box mage group"...I giggle.

Stop pretending like this is about hand outs or earning anything.
    Genoane, Mardy and Bumtil like this.
  9. Glistarian Augur

Right.

People are doing a massive amount of whining over mobs that can be killed by a 6 box mage army.

What "experience" are they missing out on? A single group named? That's really what you're whining about so much? Really?
  10. Mardy Augur

Finding a solution for raid targets will serve as a good carrot for casual players and family guilds. Right now nobody wants to bother attempting to raid because they know they're up against a min/max guild with well geared players, and they're for sure to lose a dps race. It's funny to see the taunting on the forums to get people to "compete" when everybody knows there's no competition. Yes, you win classic 1999 EQ, good for you. Now, should we talk a rotation? No? Ok then, people are going to ask for instanced raids since rotation is out of question with the top 1%.

Anyways, I suspect Daybreak will come up with a solution for the raid targets, because catering the game or special ruleset servers for the top 1-5% just isn't very financially responsible anymore. It's the same crap SOE used to do that got them where they are today, a shadow of its former self. If casual gamers and family guilds know they have raids to look forward to when they level up, they'll keep their subscriptions going and keep playing. This will be a good thing for the server's health, and Daybreak, in the long run.

And to people giving Daybreak crap about conflicting views and comments, remember Roshen's doing his job as a community rep. He's doing his PR thing where he can only repeat their current stance at the time of posting. He's not wrong for posting what he did, because until there's something new to say, their stance is what he posted. What Holly has done is acknowledging the problem and concerns players have, and said they're working on a solution. So there is no conflicting views, as Roshen can't say anything different until there's something new to say. Closing that 96 page thread was long overdue as it became a cesspool, people were just repeating the same things on different pages.
    Gskiel, Zujilli, Denithor and 2 others like this.
  11. taliefer Augur

i did all these raids when they were new. i "competed" briefly on fippy. i have a good understanding on how raiding was during classic, and what it was during fippy.

i dont have to try and "compete" again to know the cesspool isnt enjoyable.
  12. Tarrin Augur

I'd say being blocked from even seeing these mobs is more of an argument than "omg you need to earn you kills!"

I see nothing wrong with instancing raid mobs *if* some sorta lockout is implemented. This has been a foundation of EverQuest for much longer than non-instance raid mobs. Heck, there is a reason why non-instance raid mobs in literally every single mmo now are a thing of the past. Because if the only way you can "compete" or "earn" something is sitting around for hours waiting for something to spawn and doing nothing at all in the mean time...is that REALLY an accomplishment you are proud of "earning"?
  13. Jamz Augur

Then why are you back if you played on Fippy? You obviously knew what you were getting into. Nothing was hinting that it was going to be any differently. Yet you come back here with some kind of resolve that doesn't even make any sense.
  14. Jadefox Augur

Time might very well prove you wrong.

--Jade is just sayin'
  15. Jamz Augur

Time might prove me wrong that nothing hinted things were going to change?
  16. Eqplayer1999 Elder

but it has been hinted, that is why this thread was started
    Jadefox likes this.
  17. Jamz Augur

How was it hinted? By the fact that they completely changed the PNP to a dps race? Or that GM enforcement was going to be reduced?
  18. Glistarian Augur

You're missing the point.

Say Naggy is instanced. You kill it with your 6 man group. Woohoo?

Is that the "experience" you're being cheated of here?

Is that worth all the whining?
  19. Laronk Augur

I don't think any dragon/god loot has been sold on Ragefire TL people don't play to make cash, and just think about it I'd have to make 2 krono an hour of play at 8-10 hours a day to even make a living multiply that by 72 people in the raid people and gods that in TL are not making a living on this stuff. It's still easier to make krono on FV than it is to make it on RF. Also the market for krono will change pretty fast all the sudden at somepoint when the supply of krono from other servers dwindles.

If someone on Ragefire actually sold loot from a dragon/god please name and shame them.
  20. Eqplayer1999 Elder

i dont spend my time on those so call illegal sites, just saying in general, you guys have the guy in your guild that sold fippy's first CoF, and see them selling other high end loot at crazy prices.. so if it hasent happend yet, it will soon.