Gates of Discord AoC Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, May 9, 2017.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

For pure raid progression, yea it should be fine.

The only issue I see is that gear progression that most players follow was typically Elemental -> Qvic M'shas. Without those being in an instance, and because no one stays in Qvic for anything other than raid mobs, it's likely there will always just be one base zone and the spawns in that zone will be highly contested and a cluster of training, memblurring and kill stealing.

If you can however spawn 1-2 picks when your raid of 54 zones into Qvic to go to Inkt'uta or Txevu, and kill the M'shas from said picks... it should be fine. But if there's some stupid flag that doesn't let them spawn on pick creation or if people sit in the picks and don't let them collapse, it will probably be stupid.

It's not the end of the world but not ideal case either. Definitely preferable to the original set of instances where the key txevu progression mobs were missing (which Absor has now fixed, according to the list).
  2. callius Journeyman

So instead of raid instances, were supposed to use player numbers and rush for to kill them before other guilds when a new instance repops. Seems kind of backwards, no idea why you dont add them with a different timer to instances.
  3. Perogy New Member

If Qvic is a 5/6 day replay timer on the main raids, why not just add M'sha's in there, especially if there are no plans to give them an alternate instance replay timer.

I'd imagine they will play out like PoStorms which wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but was still a pretty toxic zone to get keys for a solid month. Unlike Storms though, M'shas aren't a one off, could we at least get confirmation on how fast they will spawn on phinigel?

I am strongly in favor of M'shas having a 1 day replay timer in AoC instances.
  4. Bouzi420 New Member

Off Topic= @absor , you sound like (forgive my lack of terms) a and totally unprofessional
    i mean really, what kinda PR person says stuff like Geez, i said i would look into it sorry if it wasnt instant...you just sound like an entitled

On Topic=Msha's arent "group" mobs, they were key mobs for raidgear...sure they are easier than most raid mobs but let me see u go do that with 1 group, in era, without that gear and tell me what level of gear you would need to beat that mob...need i remind you this is a raid zone only accessed by people who did the raids?....should i point to the stats?...or....

should i point to this shitstorm that is about to be qvic.....you realize that qvic is going to be nothing but trains/memblurs/trains/petitions/trains for the next 2 months if you dont instance these right? and im not gonna lie, im gonna give it one shot of trying b4 i get trained or ks'd before i start doing it too.

Should i point to number of people that are going to be looking for these mobs? if they spawned every 4 hrs, and dropped 2 pieces of diff gear each time, never an aug...you would get 36 pieces a day and it would take 9 days to gear 54 people...so that covers 6 guilds if they got godlike luck, killed em the second they spawned, and never wiped/had to deal with trains/etc.....sooo.....what about the other 15+ guilds on the server? oh did i mention that some of those days at the start will be getting flags to this zone VIA raids.....

i just dont want to hear some stupid bs later when everyone and their mother is running around training and ksing, cuz when it gets to a point it keeps happening and ive reported them a bunch of times and i see nothing happens...then im gonna start doing the same...and its going to happen 100%, not 5%, 50%, 99%......100%..... have u seen some of the epic mobs still permacamped today? do u think people wont be RMTing this stuff too while all us raiders who came to the "RAID INSTANCED" server cant get our raid gear because not only does it not spawn in instanced but we have to contest with 20+ guilds to even find em up let alone mobilize and go fight them?

pretty sure alot came here to get away from the batphone, now ur slowly going to creep it in at the best payoff point of this coming expansion?

PLEASE ship me the drugs you are smoking, because i know this isnt a joke and i hope nobody who runs this game is this clueless on GOD progression in general....

geez, sorry your so clueless to progression, even more so how ur clueless of what ur going to turn qvic into.....god help us
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

Yeah! You tell them with your bad grammar and incorrect spelling how they sound totally unprofessional, New Member! Go get 'em! /riot
    Funktions likes this.
  6. Sdoofbuc Augur

Yes the goats in Qvic are 100% group mobs. They have a lot of HP and take 10 minutes to kill. But they are 100% group mobs. 1 group of 6 people can and will kill them. The fact that 95% of Phinny is currently raiding end game content makes this even more valid. Normal pick up groups will be able to kill these.

You mention epic mobs still perma camped today. Yes, it's like that on every live server as well. 18+ years later. That's the way EQ is.

These 3 goats are not the only gear dropping mobs in the exp like you make it out to be. There are 3-4 other zones that drops raid level gear that is either as good if not better than goat loot.

Also remember, this exp is only out for 2 months before OoW opens. There is a whole new exp full of gear you can get there if you miss out on the uber goat loot.

This is another... "I can't play with the red ball, so no one should be able to play with the red ball" posts. Can we just enjoy the game and stop trying to "fix" what's not broken?
  7. AgentofChange Augur

That would be pretty dumb, as you could just 20 split the instance everyday and have everyone and their lvl 1 alt geared in under a week. If they were to instance it, it would have to be a week. Even then it's absurd how much gear you could still get.
  8. Ryak Augur

Can we please focus on AoC testing only in this thread?

Thanks
  9. AgentofChange Augur

Hard to test that which does not exist. Current AoC instances are terrible. Added ones are not yet added.
  10. Bouzi420 New Member

i also dont work PR for a company and deal with customers with a vocabulary a 15 yr old would use after you asked them to clean their room for the 10th time.... big difference lol
  11. Bouzi420 New Member

first, again ur not getting to the zone unless u finish the raids, they drop raid level gear, and without time level gear, you are not 1 grouping them

second, yes epic mobs are still camped on live....but are live servers made to be raid instanced servers like phinigel? most people play here to get away from batphones and rushing 20+ guilds for stuff...so to say live has them camped to is dumb logic

never said the 3 goats were the only raid dropping mobs? i said its the biggest payoff point of the expansion as far as gear goes, which i still believe....thats like me saying well the ele minis arent instanced because you can 2 group them, there is 3-4 other zones with that level raid gear so this shouldnt be a problem......could u imagine pop with everyone fighting over every mini? now imagine there only being one zone with them....u see this as a good thing that wont cause problems?

ur response is better off next expansion if i dont get to play this one? wasnt the point of phinigel is so everyone can experience each expansion w/o having to race other guilds and being able to instance the raid stuff? if not then i think i read the server spec wrong on launch

this isnt a i cant play with the red ball so nobody should, its more of a everyone should get a red ball not whoever gets there first gets the red ball and the rest of u get nothing...that wack, and im not going to poop sock these mobs cause u dont wanna instance them lol

not gonna lie im gonna be the first running around training people if this happens, dont act like imma be the only one
  12. crag79 Augur

Maybe what this will accomplish is that people may in fact spend time inside of Qvic for something other than the goats. There are also about 6-7 groupable named in there along with EP/Time quality gear along with augs. Don't forget meldstones (needed to make your goat armor) can drop in the zone along with some of theotehr trade skill drops for food/drink.

And I am guessing you won't see people sitting at zone in to pull a goat either- Your gonna have to sit on a spawn and know where they spawn.
  13. Noctain New Member

I dont think this will accomplish anything but problems. I also dont think that making a spawn more rare would bring more people to the zone, if anything less would come as that "groupable" content is still there regardless. The group content stuff is alot different than the M'Sha loot, considering that the groupable stuff is around 140hp while the M'Sha loot is 200-220, i would say thats a huge difference in "groupable content" however many it takes to kill. (I believe Ikkinz raid trials and every raid previous to the M'Shas actually drop gear with worse stats than those of the M'Shas).

When it comes to sitting on spawns or knowing where they spawn, this doesnt really mean anything. You can sit on his spawn all day with 40+ people and it wouldnt make much of a difference if i show up with 2 enchanters to blur and 3 wizards then just blur it and manaburn it at the last few %'s. That is, if we had a legit rush of the mob which probably wont happen. What will happen most of the time is someone will be waiting while someone else checks their magic maps then trains the people doing it when its low to either recover and kill or to wipe enemies and try it themselves.

Overall, I think this is a horrible idea, only trumped by the fact smith rondo wont be an instanced thing so the first fights begin there =(

1/10 for continuing to leave important points of the game uninstanced.
  14. Ryak Augur

I'm simply suggesting that when the instances do come out on test and we come up with real issues we want to get Dev attention to fix, it will be better if they don't have to dig through dozens of lengthy posts debating the merits of instancing the M'shas to find them.

Here: I made a post for this very purpose! https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/debate-club-msha-instancing-edition.240883/

I'm quite certain that if the devs are interested in reading your perspectives on this that they will read them in that thread.
  15. avairic New Member

MShas are such a minor thing, many of the armor pieces arent that big an upgrade over time, and there even direct upgrades in Tacvi for many of the armor pieces.

pick your battles, mshas arent worth fighting with the devs over
    Deltaloko likes this.
  16. Ryak Augur

For that matter, when can we expect this stuff to make it to test?
  17. Sdoofbuc Augur

My argument is there is more than just goats for gear, in both gates and beyond. Get what you can and move on. Gates will be current for 2 months then everyone on the server forgets about it and moves onto OoW.

Your argument is, "I can't have it, so no one should." By you saying you are going to train people is proof enough.

Qvic goats are 1 groupable. You don't need time gear to 1 group them. Does it help? Yes of course; but it's not going to stop groups from killing them without it.

Look at it this way.... Remember the long thread about Plane of Storms? The one where everyone said that would be the bottle neck in PoP and no one outside 2 guilds would be able to do PoP content. Fast forward to today. We have 22 guilds on Phinny that have killed Quarm. That Plane of Storms thread is long gone and forgotten about. This threat will be the same thing. 2 weeks into Gates and no one will even care Qvic goats are spawning in picks. Why fester and brood over something that doesn't even matter in the long run?
    Kegwell likes this.
  18. Ryak Augur

I mean i guess the discussion was keeping this thread active while we wait on the next test patch...but meh.

Also Agnarr this. Agnarr that. We need 300 different threads to discuss Agnarr, appearently. :rolleyes:
  19. Jaera Augur

I'll more than likely throw up a new thread like we did with Planes of Power for round 2 of testing. I'm fine with the Agnarr stuff going on, its the current hotness and we're in a holding pattern until a test patch anyways.
  20. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Non AOC instances seem borked. We experienced this for Sewers, Vxed, and Tipt. DZ's would load and remain at "pending" until they closed back up again. Not sure if others are experiencing this problem or not. Might be worth looking into so further testing/validation can be done on higher tier content.