Gates of Discord AoC Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, May 9, 2017.

1. Fragile Journeyman

What about Mage pet's aggro transfer on MotM mobs in GoD? Will MotM be a thing in GoD, or is that finally over now? Anyone notice it on Test?
  2. Machentoo Augur

There's an equally good argument against. 1) No one who has farmed PoTime for 6 months will need the MSHA loot. And for the two or three guilds that haven't farmed PoTime for 6 months, well, PoTime is still available, and will give more loot faster than the MSHA's.
  3. Machentoo Augur

It was supposed to be over at LDON, and so far that has proven to be the case. IT would be very weird if they added it to GoD, after spending the better part of a year telling us we couldn't have GoD as a separate unbundled expansion because it would be too hard and drive the players away.
  4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I just cleared out the Qvic instance completely with my mage. No motm on any of the named there.

These were the only named in the instance.

Hexxt Pvin Nki
    Hexxt Jkak Miq
    Tiv Ashmmi
    Iqthinkxa Kamkvi
  5. Machentoo Augur

Glad they got the important ones.
  6. Fragile Journeyman

I don't think they have patched in Cynosure Kvanjji and the like yet, but at least animal ring is there.
  7. Baldur Augur

If they don't put MotM on the mobs doesn't that mean they will also spawn in picks? I thought as long as they have to do AoCs they will also have to use MotM to keep the raid mobs from spawning in picks.
  8. -wycca Augur

Theoretically yes.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

I mean, this feels like common sense, but if we are done with motm and they dont want certain things spawning in picks, can't they just flag what they dont want to spawn in picks...to not spawn in picks? Why does it have to be tied to motm, which has other things tied to it like the pet aggro transfer.
  10. Fragile Journeyman

@Devs @Prathun @Absor -- Any answer to this?
  11. Ryak Augur

As much as it isn't ideal, it might not be terrible to keep the discussion about other topics in separate threads (that they can ignore if history is any guide) so we can keep this thread strictly about identifying and resolving issues (as opposed to design decisions)
  12. Zapsos Augur

"Need" maybe not, but the Abysmal armor is still better than most of the stuff from Time for a lot of classes.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

If they feel the mob doesn't warrant instancing, it shouldn't warrant MotM to prevent spawning in picks.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  14. Ryak Augur

That is what they did historically, at least. See: PoStorms giants, Praesertums.

But, with the way that picks work now, that doesn't do squat to help unless the Mshas spawn on zone creation. Qvic is NEVER going to be populated enough to hold any picks spawned by raid forces passing through open for 8 hours. Do the Mshas spawn on zone creation?
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This is the million dollar question.

If they do, not a huge deal if they elect to not instance them. Whenever you're on your way through for Txevu or Inktuta or Tacvi, you can PoP over to a Qvic pick and kill your 3 M'shas like people did back in the day and continue on to your main target.

If they wait 4 hours to spawn though it's useless because no one spends time in Qvic. It's a lot easier / more logical to just throw them in instances like the Elemental Minis were in each EP instance even though they were unrelated to progression and some like PoEB war chieftain, and some PoW/PoF minis were doable with a small handful of people.
  16. Lankie Augur

How about a compromise, remove Msha from open world and make them spawn in instances only.
  17. Jaera Augur

Bump

I understand that the devs are probably finishing up and watching for any patch issues rather than working on this stuff at the moment, just keeping this thread in visibility.
  18. Ryak Augur

I would like to call out this post again, because it really lays out everything nicely and it is getting buried by comparatively poor posts. I would really hope that Absor takes a chance to read this before he make any final decisions on these things.
    Glokta likes this.
  19. Brumans Augur

20. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Bumping this up.