Gates of Discord AoC Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, May 9, 2017.

1. Jaera Augur

Post issues here!

Txevu
    * Zun'Muram Tkarish Zyk and his associated event NPCs did not spawn.
    * The Mastruq Champion and his associated event NPCs did not spawn.
    * Ixt Kial Ivesi did not spawn.
    * Ixt Quall Nalnn did not spawn.
    * The Vrex Invokers, the Restless Wraith, and all other NPCs involved with the High Priest Nkosi Bakari event did not spawn.

Qvic
    * Mnat M'sha, Dvoin M'sha, and Ptav M'sha did not spawn.
    * Cynosure Kvanjii and his associated event NPCs did not spawn.
  2. Jaera Augur

Any chance we can get Bob the lockout cleaner added for GoD instances and in Natimbi or something? Thanks!
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Barindu

All worked correctly.

Ferubi

Smith Rondo does not spawn in the instance.

Qvic

Same issues as Jaera mentioned. 3 M'shas and Cynosure did not spawn.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Bolding the raid events which don't presently have a corresponding Agent of Change/Instance.
    Red + Italics the mobs currently not spawning in their respective instance.
    1. Natimbi: Cragbeast Queen
    2. Qinimi: Pixtt Xictic Krvne (BiC Event)
    3. Ferubi: Smith Rondo (BiC Event)
    4. Ferubi: Weapon Master Vtiink Vzaan
    5. Ferubi: Zun'Muram Votal
    6. Barindu: Colossus of War (BiC Event)*
    7. Riwwi: Taskmistress Krisz
    8. Kod'Taz: The Summoner Ring
    9. Kod'Taz: The Ageless Relic Protector
    10. Yxtta: Pixtt Suir Mindrider
    11. Yxtta: Primal Arachnid
    12. Yxtta: Primal Insect
    13. Yxtta: Primal Reptile
    14. Qvic: Dvoin M`sha
    15. Qvic: Mnat M`sha
    16. Qvic: Ptav M`sha
    17. Qvic Raid Event: Iqthinxa Karnkvi
    18. Qvic Raid Event: Cynosure Kvanjji
    19. Txevu Raid Event: The Gladiator Pit (Key #1)
    20. Txevu Raid Event: Aneuk Nyrt Ymosa
    21. Txevu Raid Event: Aneuk Rilst Uskst
    22. Txevu Raid Event: Ukun Bloodfeaster
    23. Txevu Raid Event: High Priest Nkosi Bakari (Key #2)
    24. Txevu Raid Event: Ancient Cragbeast Matriarch
    25. Txevu Raid Event: Ixt Kial Ivesi
    26. Txevu Raid Event: Ixt Quall Nalnn
    27. Txevu Raid Event: Ikaav Nysf Lleiv
    28. Txevu Raid Event: Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk
    We really need instances for Natimbi, Qinimi, Riwwi and Kod'Taz so that there isn't any issue with the big GoD quest raids. Obviously also the raids need to have the correct raid mobs spawning in them.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

A comment about the Qvic instance and AoC.

Besides the obvious bug of Cynosure + 3 M'shas not spawning... two issues:

1. The AoC is near Yxtta. This should stay and offer the Yxtta instance. But the AoC for Qvic should be located in Natimbi, around (+1200,+1500), which is near the Kod'Taz stone and the NPC who teleports you to Qvic. Everyone in the day used the NPC in Natimbi to access Qvic. No one ran through KodTaz after their first visit. Also this new AoC could offer the Kod'Taz instance for the summoner ring event mentioned above.

2. The zone in point for the Qvic instance is one of the two KodTaz zonelines. Again... no one really used these. When you use the NPC in Natimvi to port into Qvic, it drops you around (-650,-150) right near Cynosure and the Txevu zoneline. This is where the entry point to the instance should be.

Also a long shot.... M'shas were 6~ hour respawn back in the day on static. Their lockout timer should be somewhat similar here rather than the 6.5 day standard. They are somewhat unique targets and warrant an exception to the standard lockout timer.
  6. Jaera Augur

Yxtta
    * The riddle event on the east side of the zone was not working. I tried everything I could think of (clearing mobs, clicking the tree in the center, clicking all 12 idols) and never got any message for the first riddle. Additionally, the door to the primal cave was not open by default so the riddles are necessary.

* I got as close as I could to Primal Spider on my ranger, but never saw it on tracking. Unsure if the Primals are spawning in the instance.

* Extended Target Window showed several mobs randomly popping on and off once I ran from the west side of the zone to the east. Addtionally, while clicking objects on the riddle side, mobs began attacking me from under the world.

* Despite the AoC being located on the Primal Side zone line of Kod'Taz to Yxtta (the eastern area), zoning in via the AoC puts you on the west side of Yxtta (closer to the Mindrider / Uqua)
  7. Fragile Journeyman

This is something that is super important, imo.
  8. Jaera Augur

Bumping for attention.

I realize the patch is less than a day old, but the more visibility this thread gets, the more likely the devs will take a look, and the more fun GoD will be.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Had the same issue with the Riddle door. Event seems to be working BUT it is not giving the player any of the emote messages so it is essentially unsolvable until that gets fixed.

FWIW I WAS able to track all 3 Primals in my instance so I believe they are spawning.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Bump to make sure this gets addressed quickly. Instead of the threads about graphic stuff let's try to keep threads about actual content being broken near the top.
  11. Ryak Augur

I know, right? Nice to see some work being one on this front, though.
  12. Absor Developer

Before I read over this thread, let me set expectations here.

Only raid events were considered for inclusion in an instance. BIC was not considered, though some BIC stuff were also "raids" and so were instanced. We decided what was a "raid" event primarily by the loot it drops. It was absolutely unclear what was meant to be a raid in the sense we mean it today in this expansion. In fact, it's unclear that there was any idea what was a raid we were making the thing.

What was intended to be instanced is listed below. We can argue if we made the right decisions, though it will be hard to convince me to another viewpoint. I am mostly interested in the functionality of the ones we did intend to instance.

Barindu
    · Ikaav Ixvet Pox

Ferubi
    · Zun`Muram Votal
    · Packmaster Skoiat Pizak

Yxxta
    · Pixtt Suir Mindrider
    · Primal Arachnid
    · Primal Insect
    · Primal Reptile

Qvic
    · Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Txevu
    · Ancient Cragbeast Matriarch
    · Aneuk Nyrt Ymosa
    · Aneuk Rilst Uskst
    · Ikaav Nysf Lleiv
    · Ukun Bloodfeaster
    Ryak likes this.
  13. taliefer Augur

some of the mobs left out of each zone doesnt make sense even when using the argument of the loot it drops. for example, Cynosure Kvanjji drops the same quality of loot as Iqthinxa Karnkvi in QVIC

theres also the argument of if you arent going to instance mobs required for progession, why bother with AoCing anything. the main draw of this server was to allow raid content to be accessible to everyone, but if you are leaving some raid mobs that are required for progression to open world only, it defeats that purpose.

how is the zun in txevu not considered a raid mob just by the loot alone as well? let alone he is required for progression
    Ajjantis and Zanarnar like this.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

Are you suggesting it will be hard to convince you that the most important raids you could possibly instance aren't considered "raids" by you and therefore you chose not to instance them? How could you possibly leave out:
    - Txevu Raid Event: The Gladiator Pit (Key #1)
    - Txevu Raid Event: High Priest Nkosi Bakari
    - Txevu Raid Event: Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk

I am sorry but the ENTIRE reason people want instances is so they CAN EXPERIENCE RAID CONTENT. You are basically telling 15+ guilds that they can't do Tacvi now because the only way to get keyed is by killing the open world Zun. Good luck with that. "You get 8 more weeks of raiding PoTime now because we don't consider Tacvi keying events as raids."
    Ajjantis and taliefer like this.
  15. Leseul Journeyman

Currently, there are at least 21 guilds clearing Plane of Time weekly on Phinigel.

Any target that has a 3 day re-spawn, assuming each guild only needs to clear it once, will require 63 days to cycle all guilds through the target.

The expansion is only available for 56 days as current content.

There are so many other factors going into this (OGC runs a quad-split, AOS and OGC will be determined to block each other, etc) that without instancing of any progression content, it is highly likely that a large amount of players will lose interest in the server after already having 20+ weeks of the same content at that point.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Makes 0 sense to not instance, at a minimum, Gladiator Pit, High Priest, and Zun`Muram in Txevu.

If anything I'm sure people would rather have ONLY these 3 events in Txevu as opposed to all of the others combined.

The Summoner Ring in Kod'Taz event is also very important for progression and drops loot that is as good/better than Pixtt Suir Mindrider in Yxtta. It also has a tendency to just bug out and not drop flags so if 20+ guilds are all waiting for this particular keying event in open world, good luck.

Please do this right, you don't have that many more AoCs to create before all major progression/raid targets become instanced in further expansions.
  17. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

It should highly be reconsidered that all raids or kills required for progression in GoD are apart of the instances available. I want to believe it was an oversight that progression targets were left off your list. The only other possibility I can consider is they were intentionally left out to cause frustration to get people to play on agnarr instead.
  18. Socratic Journeyman

Phinny is supposed to be the server with instanced raid progression. So why not actually instance the raids?

We only get two months for this expansion anyway. Is it really too much to ask that we have access to all the content? That's why so many people play on Phinny to begin with.

Cynosure and the M'shas should be a given, along with every raid needed for progression.

Why do we keep having this forum battle about a server that has been all about instanced raids from the very beginning? Keep your promise please. Stop trying to kill this server.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

Ms has on 6 hour at most lockout or .
  20. kthehammy Elder