Gates of Discord AoC Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, May 9, 2017.

1. Ryak Augur

Can we call a reset on dev-player relations on this topic? We've had really good, constructive AoC testing threads for a number of previous expansions, and I really don't want to see GoD released in a broken state because we can't even manage to keep a civil, open line of communication anymore.
    Renshu likes this.
  2. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

3. Ryak Augur

It would be nice to get some more communication on this thread. When we can expect to see the latest changes deployed onto the Test server, so we can properly test. Instances which lack many of the relevant named NPCs aren't really that testable, resulting in this awkward silence situation.
  4. Absor Developer

Geez, I said I would look into it. I apologize if that didn't take zero time on top of all the other things going on here.

I have added a bunch of stuff to the instances, full list below. However, the M'shas are out. They have been deemed far too easy for the loot and they spawn pretty fast anyhow. Keep in mind that they will spawn in pick zones, and as group difficulty NPCs that is appropriate.

Yxxta
    Pixtt Suir Mindrider
    Primal Arachnid
    Primal Insect
    Primal Reptile

Txevu
    Ancient Cragbeast Matriarch
    Aneuk Nyrt Ymosa
    Aneuk Rilst Uskst
    Ikaav Nysf Lleiv
    Ukun Bloodfeaster
    The Gladiator Pit
    High Priest Nkosi Bakari
    Ixt Kial Ivesi
    Ixt Quall Nalnn
    Zun`Muram Tkarish Zyk

Riwwi
    Taskmistress Krisz

Qvic
    Iqthinxa Karnkvi
    Cynosure Kvanjji

Barindu
    Cragbeast Queen

Kodtaz
    Ageless Relic Protector
    Summoner Ring

Ferubi
    Zun`Muram Votal
    Packmaster Skoiat Pizak
  5. MaestroM Augur

<3 Absor. Don't let the haters keep you down.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Thank you very much Absor, provided these are all in working order I see a lot of guilds having fun progressing through GoD. Very glad to see Kod'taz progression targets were included in this new list.
  7. -wycca Augur

Apparently she has decided to seek out a lusher area to terrorize! (Did you mean Natimbi?)
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Let me preface by saying I have no problem with the M'sha decision. What I am curious about is since GoD is apparantly going to be load balanced does this mean we are going to also see raid targets like Cynosure spawning in Qvic pickzones or are we to expect to see the continuation of Mitigation of the Mighty employed to keep certain NPCs from spawning in picks.

If MoTM is going to continue being used I am concerned with it's application on fights such as Zun'Muram Tkarish Zyk in Txevu. Currently the fight is designed around using pets to kill this NPC, primarily the "a mastruq chaosslayer" which are charmed by enchanters. If this raid encounter has Mitigation applied to it with the way threat transfer currently works regarding pets/owners it will be a nightmare to keep enchanters alive making this already difficult encounter MUCH harder.
  9. -wycca Augur

@Bobby - I'd be fairly surprised if Txevu is load balanced. But yes, MotM on any fight that has enc charm mobs, would seem potentially problematic.
  10. Jaera Augur

Absor, greatly appreciate the work on all of this. The list looks completely fine, the M'Sha's would have been nice but I completely understand not instancing them.

I'm assuming these changes will have to wait for the next test patch? If so, I look forward to it and will let you know if I run into any more issues.
  11. Prathun Developer

The following Gates of Discord zones will load balance:
    Natimbi
    Qinimi
    Riwwi
    Barindu
    Ferubi
    Yxtta
    Kodtaz
    Qvic
    Txevu

NPCs that are handled as bosses in Agent of Change instances will not spawn in load balanced zones. Bosses will only spawn in the base zone. Zones that can spawn a boss in the base zone have no player cap. We do not plan to use Mitigation of the Mighty for Gates of Discord or any further expansions.
    Xoner and Bobbybick like this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Awesome, thank you very much for the clarification.
    Prathun likes this.
  13. Absor Developer

I hardly know what I'm talking about anymore... I had Barindu written everywhere in my notes and scripts. /sigh.

A
    Prathun likes this.
  14. Ryak Augur

I didn't mean it that way. :( It was just supposed to be a bump! Appreciate the communication continuing. <3
    Prathun likes this.
  15. Ryak Augur

I'm curious if this means you're acutally going to remove it from the mobs you added it to in OoW for the Quarm server.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  16. Silentchaos Augur

If we're doing those, we have to do Weapon Master Vtiink Vzaan/Smith Rondo event, yeah? Same difficulty/loot quality/respawn as Votal and Pizak.

Everything else looks good (other than Cragbeast Queen being in Barindu, SMH).
  17. Silentchaos Augur

You don't need to load balance Txevu, single groups aren't going to be killing trash in there, and nothing other than trash and raid mobs spawn. Will just make it a potential pain if multiple guilds are trying to get into Tacvi from pickzones and can't zone in.
  18. Ryak Augur

I think load balancing is just a flag, so it isn't really a dev effort issue. And they supposedly fixed zoning into AoCs from pick zones. Although, I haven't personally verified that one is working.

The best argument against doing Txevu is probably the pointless waste of server resources. Although, i guess you could argue that if 4 or 5 raids were forming up at the same time, they would want it to load balance for that scenario?
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

When will the updated instances be hitting Test?
    Superdeath and Ryak like this.
  20. Brumans Augur

For those knowledgeable about GOD - are all the raid progression bits now Instanced?

I realize it's not on Test so there may be bugs and such, but from Absor's list, are we good?