GamParse 2.0!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

Been trying to talk Gimagukk into making GINAparse for years, but he is stubborn as ogres can be!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Breaking down damage by DoT is already on my list and shouldn't be too difficult to do because the DoT name is exposed to all.

DD however are another case. There are hacky ways to try and do it such as trying to link damage up to the list of spells someone cast, but this can become very inaccurate very quickly and I don't really want to do that.

As Riou said I've asked the devs if they could add the spell name into the log output, (as well as a number of other messaging changes such as the Damage Shield messages which they did) but there is no guarantee when or if any of them will happen.

More options for backing up is also already on my list. I planned to add in ways to break up log files by other options besides file length: By time, (Day/Week) By fights (e.g. every 100 fights) it just hasn't made it in yet.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Reht like this.
  3. Reval Augur

I hope I'm not repeating an idea, but it would also be good if you could perhaps save parses to some degree, perhaps just the end numbers without too many specifics.

If there were a database of any kind involved, it would be useful for the final idea I'll mention, but even without one, you could have it sort of highlight oddities in a parse. If say a nondps class is beating dps classes, or if a dps class is always lower than other people of the same class, maybe it could highlight them in red. The same idea could be true of a person of a class that generally casts fewer spells than others of the same class (maybe with a way to not count certain spells like amulet of necropotence etc, or weapon procs). This could be a good tool for seeing if there is a person who may be a low hanging fruit in your raid's dps, and what they might be doing wrong.
  4. Crystilla Augur

Now the day that the game outputs a raid roster (or group roster) of who (what classes) were in each group, so it can be pulled into gamparse will be a happy day.

No more digging through logs or screenshots or notes written down of who showed up what day and who was assigned/had what ADPS.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

Would be a great idea. http://eq.gimasoft.com/raiddps/ kind of does that, doesn't tell you who was in what group, but it will combine a raid dump and a parse to show which group has which adps class. It exports in HTML not text, so you have to post them somewhere that has HTML enabled.
    Brogett, Sancus and Zentara like this.
  6. Aelen Augur

Sorting options and descriptive statistics for the Hits bar graph on the graphing page would make it a cooler toy.

For particularly long parses, the variability of melee strikes makes the size of the graph and number of values bloat. Frequency/number of hits is the interesting thing that graph shows, so being able to manipulate it a bit would be nice.

Sort hits of this type by Damage(Current behavior) or Frequency
    Show % of total hits of this type each value has, Show % of total damage of this type each value has

Pick X values, sort by Frequency or Damage
    Show % of hits and damage among selected values

Pick a range from X to Y
    Show % of total hits of this type, and % of total damage of this type that this range makes up(I.E. treat the range as single value)

Show/Hide values above X, Below X, or between X and Y

I have it in my head that this would be an interesting way to look at the impact of ATK and AC if there are problems with it in the future, like we had this expansion. Conceivably it might also show something interesting about variable focus, proc and partial resist rates for casters, but I can’t come up with what offhand.

I’m guessing tanks might also like those changes applied to the tanking version of that graph. The tanking details page shows a lot of the same info, but the heading columns don’t let you pick how to sort it.
    LS_Xegony_Dru and Zentara like this.
  7. Zentara Augur

Beimeith is working on getting as much of the aDPS "received" posting as possible to timelines, but obviously some we can't catch. Given that, having them showing as actually receiving the buffs is better than guessing based on a who list I would think?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Reht like this.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, i agree. It's a lot more relevant that way. Maybe include the common adps buffs received the player received in the output where glyph, 7th, etc. are listed.
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Iila Augur

The received buffs box is already getting crowded with the amount of glyphs being burned every night.
    [IMG]

Adding common things like IoG, shm epic, and black wolf will turn it into a mostly useless mess.

I do not look forward to seeing the icon for received Black Wolf 15 times in that box, next to 7 IOGs.
    Nniki and Beimeith like this.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

That's true, would probably suck in HTML format, but when if it was an option added to the text output where it places below the damage line, it would be fine.

For example
    Reht
    --- DMG: random number between 1 and a lot @ludicrous dps
    --- Special: M, X X X, IOG, BW
    Beimeith likes this.
  11. Riou EQResource

Game has done this since like Planes of Power, click the Dump button on Raid Window.

Makes a txt file in your base eq folder RaidRoster-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.txt (24hr clock) file is group # - toon name - level - class - grp/raid leader
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

As an aside: There are no spell messages for the things listed as Special Codes.

That is, there is no "So and so is filled with the Intensity of the Resolute" or some other such message.

Those are tracked based on "So and so begins to cast a spell <Intensity of the Resolute>.

This is why sometimes if you are fizzling or get interrupted etc. you can have multiples show up. (Now that I think about it I need to add in some kind of tracking to prevent that, and I need to mention it to the devs to add in messages so they can be tracked properly).
    LS_Xegony_Dru likes this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It already does that. It is the "Send plain text to forums" button on the Overview tab.

Combined: A praetor august on 8/17/2015 in sec

Zenwrath
    --- DMG: --- @ --- sdps (--- dps in ---s) [9.07%]
    ------ Total: --- -- DirDmg: --- -- Environmental: 12540
    ------ Normal rate: 27.7% (7.3% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 72.3% (92.7% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 1720 -- Hits: 1720 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 100%
    --- DMG to PC: 495523 @646dps
    --- Special: G

Special: 2: Infusion 6: Staunch 7: Intensity 9: Armor G: Glyph M: Secrets K: Kiss X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.4

Now that I see it, I need to prevent Environmental Damage (DS) from skewing the crit rate.
    Reht likes this.
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

Including Black work, IOG, Spirit of Vesagran, etc?
  15. Crystilla Augur

Yeah, that I'm aware of. Just was one of my dream wishes for it to be automated and magically pulled into gamparse (like it reads the current log, it would also read this file).

Reason was this - folks always posting parses and one of the things that comes up all the time is whether the class (versus another class) had ADPS for comparative purposes. I'm exhausted, so not saying this as clearly as I'd like.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, I could maybe see about something like that.

That's what the "Received" lines are for in the spell breakdown.
  17. Crystilla Augur

Obviously it's not a popular idea but just because you have someone in that class in your group doesn't mean they're actually doing ADPS stuff. And it also would be incorrect on things like Auspice since that can be cast outside of group.
  18. Iila Augur

Exporting the casts over time for a player only exports to html currently. Could you do a text/bb code version? Trying to post that to someplace that doesn't allow html is kind of a mess.

I did figure out the work around of searching that fight for my casts and pasting all those log lines. But that's not quite as elegant.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The problem is one of compatibility. There is no guarantee that the BBCode will be supported.

Example:
    [TABLE][TR][TD]This should be inside a table, but it's not because the EQ Forum Admin is lame.[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Now, I could make it so that it won't be in a table and each player comes out vertically like the above "Send plain text to forum" button does instead of horizontally, but you would lose the side-by-side comparison.

I could also do something like have it be a picture like the graphs so you could embed it that way, but that's a really crappy way to do it.
  20. Iila Augur

I really just want it to export like the cast list, not inside a table or spreadsheet of any kind. Side by side comparison would be lost, but I didn't care about that anyways.

Things are going to be pasted to either: EQ, these EQ forums, one of the million different guild forums.

Cast lists are too long to go to EQ. So no need to worry about that

HTML honestly should be disabled for normal users on all those guild forums, and here. But it's not, and that's already a feature. So some people will be able to use that.

The mess of various forums used by EQ guilds can't be counted on to share many codes beyond the basic text formatting ones. Mostly plain text with some bold codes works on all those, and small amounts of bbcode are easy to edit out if needed.