GamParse 2.0!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yep. It's fixed now. I added a new row at the top to display the class in and fixed the others so it all displays properly.

Back to the matter at hand though, what do you guys think of the idea / how it looks? Keeping in mind that this is just a very early/incomplete implementation.

I can do it in the program itself, or I can have it open a new browser window, etc.
    Aneuren likes this.
  2. Sancus Augur

Personally I would find that very useful... A friend had the exact problem a few days ago that he wanted to post the HTML parse because it has significantly more info (especially casts), but his guild boards don't allow HTML uploads (rightfully so). A way to make those types of parses easily shareable/accessible would be welcome.
  3. Brohg Augur

I would like the ability to sort spells cast by volume not just alphabetically.

Argin-Hiz: Burn Out on 10/26/2015

Cleric01 - 350
    --- Ardent Elixir Rk. III - 13
    --- Burst of Life XX - 9
    --- Divine Balance - 1
    --- Divine Guardian Spirit VI - 5
    --- Divine Interposition Rk. III - 1
    --- Fervent Renewal Rk. III - 15
    --- Fraught Renewal Rk. III - 28
    --- Gather Shadows - 1
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. III - 117
    --- Leopard Maw III - 3
    --- Silent Casting V - 3
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. III - 146
    --- Syllable of Renewal Rk. III - 7
    --- Veturika's Perseverance - 1

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.5

would instead be

Argin-Hiz: Burn Out on 10/26/2015
    Cleric01 - 350
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. III - 146
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. III - 117
    --- Fraught Renewal Rk. III - 28
    --- Fervent Renewal Rk. III - 15
    --- Ardent Elixir Rk. III - 13
    --- Burst of Life XX - 9
    --- Syllable of Renewal Rk. III - 7
    --- Divine Guardian Spirit VI - 5
    --- Leopard Maw III - 3
    --- Silent Casting V - 3
    --- Divine Balance - 1
    --- Divine Interposition Rk. III - 1
    --- Gather Shadows - 1
    --- Veturika's Perseverance - 1
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.5
  4. Belkar_OotS Augur

I would like to be able to resize the overlay in game, so that it takes less total space (resizable window with smaller font).
  5. Axxius Augur

Can the 'Open Recently Viewed Log' remember how it was viewed, and open it in the same mode? Alternatively, add a submenu with the choices for 'last N hr'.

Example: I like opening my logs as 'the last 2 hr' to see the recent fights. If I re-open the log via the 'Recently Viewed' menu, it reads the whole log, so this is useless to me. But it's very close to being very useful.
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

I would like "last N hours" option over most of the current time modes. Or "since last login" or "since last AFK"
  7. Bikmer Journeyman

Tanking Summary - it would be nice to also see the spell DMG taken and given from said melee person not just melee.

Death count - who died on X mob... summary of deaths. Perhaps some correlation of the last thing they ate before dying would rock.

Healing page - it would be nice to be able to export the table of all of the heals. What I really want to do is graph heals on X person based on who was healing them. So then you can see when heals from someone stopped or perhaps lagged at a period in time.

Exports - better export abilities to convert to HTLM for posting to a website. Perhaps even BBC table support for easy paste into forums.

If I think of more... will post again.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Id like the ability to produce an output (and maybe you already can, i dont know) by class. For example I combine up the fights i'm looking for, and i want to see a casting report for all mages, or all clerics, that would give pertinent information.

update: i think i see how you could in theory do this from the spell page, but, every time i try it with more then 1 or 2 people selected it just crashes on me
  9. Brohg Augur

---------------------------
    Press CTRL + C to copy
    Input string was not in a correct format.

[Sun Nov 08 20:56:23 2015] Alive group members received 4 platinum, 9 gold, 7 silver and 5 copper as their share of the split from the corpse.
    OK
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This has been fixed in 1.5.1.6
    Brohg likes this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If I understand what you are asking, you want to output just a specific classes spell cast report? You can already do this, just select those players from the overview box. You can do this by holding control when selecting players to select multiples.

To make it easier you can sort the overview box by class first and that will group them together.
    LS_Xegony_Dru likes this.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) It's impossible to display reliable spell damage received on the tanking tab because spell damage messages do not list who did the damage and tanking information is sorted by the originator of the damage. I've put in a request for the devs to add spell caster's names to the damage message but there is no guarantee when they will get to doing it (if ever).

2) I'm assuming you are asking for it to display the last kind of damage received before someone died so you can say "everyone seems to be dying from dots" or "that one DD spell is killing everyone" or something like that, yes? The problem with doing that is iirc death messages have a larger range than damage messages so it wouldn't be very reliable. I'll look into it but no promises.

3) Added to the list for 2.0.

4) Improved displaying / exporting of information is a major driving force behind 2.0. Unfortunately BBCode doesn't do tables well. I've been experimenting with a few ways to try and make it work but none of them are really satisfactory so far.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Last "N" hours, or days will likely be added in the future. Note that to do this requires reading the last line of the logfile to determine the last day and hour so as to use that as a basis for what to load. This isn't a problem, but it requires changing some things which is why I haven't done it yet.

The other two are more difficult. The problem with trying to load since last AFK or last login is that you have to read the file to find out -when- those events occurred, so you are reading the file to learn when to start reading the file. Even reading from the end of the file backwards may still require a decent amount of time to find the relevant line.

I could have it track when you login or afk and save that in the settings file for later usage, but the problem with this is if I last AFK on Beimeith at X day/time, it won't help if I try to load my enchanter from last AFK because the stored value will be incorrect.

Now one of the changes for 2.0 I am planning is to store settings files on a per-character basis like EQ itself does. This will allow for better control when boxing or playing characters that require different settings like on progression servers. This would eliminate the problem I just mentioned since it would store it on a per-character basis. Once this is in place I will see about adding in other options.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I was going to do this originally, but the problem is the same as I listed in the post above this one: It requires storing that information in the settings file which is constantly being rewritten. Once the settings file changes go in, (per-character based), I'll probably add this in.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I've looked into it, and it may be possible to do, but there are some issues I need to work out first. The main problem is that the sorting fails when you have multiple characters selected because it will mix them together, there is no way for the sorting routine to know they belong together.

Example:

Wizard A - 128
    --- Banestrike - 8
    --- Claw of the Flameweaver Rk. III - 49
    --- Cloudburst Stormstrike Rk. III - 31
    --- Ethereal Skyblaze - 40

Wizard B - 32
    --- Arcane Fury III - 1
    --- Banestrike - 1
    --- Chaos Incandescence Rk. III - 5
    --- Claw of the Flameweaver Rk. III - 5
    --- Cloudburst Stormstrike Rk. II - 20

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.6

Sorting by casts would result in the following output:

Wizard A - 128
    --- Claw of the Flameweaver Rk. III - 49
    --- Ethereal Skyblaze - 40
    Wizard B - 32
    --- Cloudburst Stormstrike Rk. III - 31
    --- Cloudburst Stormstrike Rk. II - 20
    --- Banestrike - 8
    --- Chaos Incandescence Rk. III - 5
    --- Claw of the Flameweaver Rk. III - 5
    --- Arcane Fury III - 1
    --- Banestrike - 1

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.6

I need to work out a way to preserve the structure before I can add in the sorting. I think I know how it can be done but I need to test it some more.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Improving the Overlays is on the list already.
    Reht likes this.
  17. Ceyarrecks New Member

Excuse me Please:
    Beimeith, may I ask please, for a response to the forum Conversation I sent you.
    Thank you kindly for your time,...
  18. Zunnoab Augur

Being able to filter out combat oriented stuff from a search would be interesting too. That would allow finding boss chitter chatter for example when non-standard messages are used. (If you can do this already, never mind!)

This was probably suggested already (and I don't currently have time to read the rest of the topic) but better handling of the log file being missing would be awesome, if it could periodically check for it now and then if it's set to automatically monitor it rather than reporting it's not there and being done with it.

That's not a criticism of the current version though! Thanks a ton!
  19. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

It is, I later discovered how to do that, but the chief problem is that it tries to crash if you have more then 3 or 4 in that class, at least for me, even on my brand spankin new computer.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'll look at it. My guess is it is related to the timeline, which uses a lot of power to compute when you have a long duration raid selected with many players.

I may add in an option to disable the timelime, which should speed it up considerably.
    Quuq likes this.