GamParse 2.0!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Aug 16, 2015.

1. anvil Elder

I am using v1.5.1.5 and i can not link my pet with my character. I am a mage and I have used a companion potion on my pet to give it a better name. The pet doesn't show up in the pet scroll down. So my question is, am I doing something wrong here. I can not figure out how to link my pet to my mage.
  2. Kunon Augur

Target your pet and then type /pet leader.
  3. anvil Elder

well that gets my mage's name next to his but I still can not link the pet so that he doesn't even show up like it used to do. I am trying to get back to where it will show in the parse

Anvil +pets

But in the link the pet scroll down menu, there is no pet showing up for my mage
  4. anvil Elder

nm i figured it out. thanks
  5. Mluian Journeyman

Using a combination of RaidRoster-xxxxxxx.txt files and list of players in a channel from the regular log there should be an option to do something really slick sending a eqdkp ready field to the clipboard for doing paste into eqdkp in order to do hourly DKP.

Also, if I have announcing on for joined/left channel and I've done a list of members in a channel, I should be able to access a list of who is in that channel later on, i.e., I do a /list mychannel at 6pm gamparse should be able to tell me who was in channel at 7pm without needing to do a /list at 7pm.
  6. Quuq Apprentice

I came here to ask for precisely this. Thanks, man.

The parser doesn't crash, but since populating the Spells, Discs, and Actions over Time widget blocks, the thing can sit there for 10 - 15 minutes completely unresponsive when I'm trying to turn out a cast parse for all of our priests. It always goes back to normal once it's got everything displayed. Depopulating the widget takes just as long and also blocks.

While I'm being needy, could you be convinced to add an "Export to JSON" feature to the Spells & Discs tab? :cool:
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Eqdkpplus already supports using raidroster dumps to add raids and if you have -that- many people in a list channel that you need a parser to automate it you have other problems.
  8. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

Would it be possible to have the tank's healing parse show the attempted healing as well as the actual heals that landed? I play a druid and often my attempts are too slow (because clerics cheat with faster cast times *wink*).
    Narogg likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

Recently took up rogueing, so had occasion to notice that Gamparse isn't adding Barrage or Arcwork or Razor's Edge disciplines to its census.
  10. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

This stuff isn't currently in EQ logs atm, except for the person doing the healing. There is a suggestion for them to implement full healing info into peoples' logs on the DGC Issue Tracker.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Tanks see both. The healer sees just the one. Everyone else sees neither (except crits).

It's on The List already, I want to wait to see if they will redo the healing messages for everyone first.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Drogba Augur

I'm using 1.5.1.5 and I can't link my shadow knight pet to myself anymore (he won't show up in the link pet pull-down). Think it started with that version.

a fix for that would be good!
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

1.5.1.7 seems to be ignoring the settings file at the same path as the .exe.

I have three folders, three copies of the .exe, three .ini files (so that each instance auto-monitors) the correct log file on open. No longer working with 1.5.1.7. Is there a better way to accomplish this?
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1.5.1.7 doesn't ignore settings files in the same path as the .exe. It will reset settings files made in a previous version of GamParse back to the default values, but it absolutely does not ignore them. You may need to set some of your settings back to whatever they were before if they were reset.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Sorry, maybe I just need a little instruction. I copied the 1.5.1.7 .exe file into my old directories and it doesn't seem to be respecting the files. Is there a way to specify that Gamparse should use a setting file instead of the registry settings? Or, alternatively, is there a way to create a new settings file?

The big problem I'm having is that any changes I make to one instance (such as setting the default logfile to monitor on startup) is changing for all instances of 1.5.1.7. It's as if 1.5.1.7 is ONLY reading the registry (and not the setting files).
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Define what you mean by "old directories" please. If it is older than 1.5.1.x then it will not recognize it at all.

Specifically, the file you need next to GamParse needs to match the version number. So for GamParse 1.5.1.x, you need to have a settings file named "GamParse-1.5.1.INI" in the same directory as the .exe if you want to override the one stored in %appdata%.

If and when GamParse reaches 1.5.2.x, you will need to rename that file "GamParse-1.5.2.INI" or it will create a new settings file and reset everything to default.

I know it's annoying for you guys to do it that way, but I did it so that I could ensure everyone starts out with clean settings files on bigger updates. I also have the ability to force it to reset the settings files to default when I make minor changes if there is a bug that caused a corruption of the settings file and I want to make sure its fixed for you all when you update. This is what happened with 1.5.1.7.

It isn't the greatest way to handle it, and I want to do it in a better way in the future, but it works for now so thats how it is.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Nothing but appreciation from me for your efforts :)

The directories I was referring to are the directories I had created for the different instances of gamparse I wanted to run (one for each toon). I'm not entirely sure why I had trouble trying to upgrade; maybe I got confused by the new application reference that gets created from the new installer (which is neither an .exe or a traditional shortcut). Launching from the new app-reference does not update the .ini file (which is probably obvious to anybody working with them), and the app-reference does not provide an easy way to find the location of the .exe file. The version numbers also threw me off, as I had tried to create a 1.5.1.7.ini file to no avail. But that's all about my confusion :)

I did get it resolved by doing the following:
    Using the new .exe file (downloaded - thanks for making that available!)
    Re-copying the .ini from the appdata directory

I must say, I really liked the simplicity of the old "single .exe and .ini in a single folder" method. It seems much more easy to manage than spreading all the files all over the Windows operating system. But then, I'm old and hate change :)

If I'm not being too bold, I'd like to submit a change request: The ability to specify the .ini file from the command line. Then, you'd really only need multiple shortcuts, but all the character-specific .ini files could reside in the same folder as a single .exe file.
  18. Durnazax New Member

I'd also like to request the feature to have a server-sync option that a raid leader(anyone really) setups up so that the parses are all linked together in the common area. I suggest looking at some other parse programs to see how they implement it. StarParse and Parsec are the two tools I am familiar with from SW:TOR that allowed for this functionality.

Tried hyperlinks but they seem to have failed.
    http://ixparse.com/
    https://parsec.codeplex.com/
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

As I've mentioned before, it's not going to happen for various reasons.
    What will likely happen is I'll add a way you can share your specific parse with people similar to the way you can share triggers with GINA via a special link.
  20. Vanrau Augur

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this or not and I apologize if so. I would love for the Loot window to have the ability to select multiple lines and a copy selected lines button.

Right now I am using the log search window to copy and paste loot on raids but would much rather use the Loot window so I can sort.