Forum Sections Being Moved

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sancus, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Wait, you mean everyone isn't thrilled to pieces and having 'fun' sorting through all the posts for tradeskill questions, quest questions, general grumpiness, drama-queening, guide events, housing stuff, and questions that have been asked and answered 400 times to find the ONE post they're actually interested in? Say it ain't so!

Seriously, split this stuff back out into a decent number of forums, so that we're not getting in each others way. We all care about, and are interested in, different things. When we had the separate forums, we could focus on our interests. Now, it's just a big ole fustercluck, and needs to be fixed.

This is more like going into a library and finding that no one that works there knows how to read, so they 'arranged' the shelves by just stuffing things willy-nilly. If I came to these forums for the first time as a new player, I would not be a new player for long. The disorganization represented here is appalling, and leads me to wonder if the structure of DBG is as messy as this forum now is. Given some of the recent 'improvements' (the PoK catastrophe, the 'streamlining' of the forums), I'm inclined to think it may. That is not a happy thing. At this point, I would think instilling confidence in our new keepers would be important. This is not helping.
  2. Melanippe Augur

Now that the Guides have been encouraged to make individual threads in the Veterans Lounge where they will be able to post Guide Events for their servers, I notice none of them are being stickied. Hence, in short order they will slip to Page 2 or even deeper until or unless they are "resurrected by each Guide, not to mention their postings (no offense implied or intended to any Guide :) ) cannot help but to push other topics to Page 2 or even deeper.

Brilliant idea, no doubt, to further discourage posters, not to mention pity the poor new and/or returning player who may want to peruse the forums in an attempt to garner information.

Good grief, has common sense among the "powers that be" entirely skedaddled? Sheer lunacy!
  3. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Yes, it is very hard to find the guide event posts (possibility even for the guides themselves). Please sticky the posts or return the seperate "guide events and lore" forum.
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Angahran Augur

Please DON'T sticky all these threads, otherwise the first page of the forum will be completely useless as it will be full of stickied threads.

Would be much better if the 'tidy up' of the forums was reversed and threads went back to being in the places that we know where to find them instead of every thread no matter what the topic being dumped in The Veterans Lounge.
    Melanippe and Caell like this.
  5. Maedhros High King

What a total disaster.
    Progress for progress's sake must be discouraged.
    Never thought I would agree with Dolores Umbridge.

Not sure whats worse, all the posts being dumped into a single forum with no way to sort, or the PoK vendor mass execution of 2015.
    Melanippe likes this.
  6. Vlad Diszno Augur

This "streamlining" is punishing us more than helping.

If someone doesn't visit the forum every day and scour through everything, they can miss a post they actually might be interested in. And this will also lead to less responses to any question posted- less frequent visitors can miss the question altogether, thus be unable to respond. This doesn't help the one asking the question.

Not to mention that the negative feelings incurred by the changes certainly won't cause folks to flock here. If one has a negative experience somewhere, are they going to be more, or less likely they will visit again?

All the posts one is not interested in are like commercials during one's favorite program. Who here prefers commercials during their program? I can understand why it is done in programming, but why here?

And for those that still want to use the forums, now we have to spend more time monitoring the forums so we don't miss stuff here.

So why is it again that you disintegrated all those Forums?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and IceSy like this.
  7. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Just an fyi.....hiding everything in subforums and crud is not streamlining. If that was the case there would be more computer literate people able to find out where they saved pictures. Just keep it the way it was. The only reason to fix something thats not broken is to break it.
    Caell likes this.
  8. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

You must have a fun job if you're required to only talk about everquest with co-workers.
  9. Fendy Augur

I would re-streamline the forums this way:

Everquest Forums

The Norrathian Herald
    -News and Announcements
    -Game Update Notes (Live)
    -Game Update Notes (Test)
    -Bug Roundup

Everquest Discussion
    -Player Support
    -The Newbie Zone
    -The Veteran's Lounge
    -Player Studio (originally Homeshow Discussion)
    -Tradeskill Discussion
    -Time Locked Progression Servers
    -Guild Recruitment

Class
    -Tank
    -Melee
    -Hybrid
    -Priest
    -Caster

Old Forum Archive
    -Old Forum Archive
    Melanippe and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  10. Fendy Augur

Argh! How could I forget? Add Guide Events, Lore and Roleplay after -Guild Recruitment. Sorry guides.
    Ryleth and Melanippe like this.
  11. Melanippe Augur

One might consider consolidating these into one if need be. :)

-Player Studio (originally Homeshow Discussion)
    -Tradeskill Discussion
  12. Kellaer Augur

That's funny, those forums you suggested look almost exactly like the old, functioning forums did. How interesting.
  13. Fendy Augur

14. Dorigen Lorekeeper

Dev - any input on restoring atleast the Guide section of the Mboards so we dont have to make a bunch of crap posts to bump our server guide event back up to the top...
    Deavirtus and Ryleth like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Personally I never understood why these two forums were merged in the first place.
    I'd much rather see them separate.
    Caell likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe one forum for TS Guides and Player Studio?
  17. RadarX Augur

Roshen is currently working on a viable solution for the Guides. As for Player Studio, there is already a fully fleshed out forum system here. It is off this forum for sure, but adding a subforum with identical conversation seems extraneous.
    Kellaer likes this.
  18. Hayzeus Augur

And is it still Daybreak's intention to insist that Tradeskilling and Housing is not significant enough to require it's own subforum here? There's no denying that the posts are cluttering up the Veteran's Lounge, and it's painfully obvious (in MY opinion obvious to ME before the zealots call me out for speaking for more than just my self) that particular subforum had much more traffic than Daybreak realized.
    Caell likes this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

We don't really use that as a place to take requests, like we do on the forums for each respective game. Most people who actually play the games and have requests have no idea that board exists.

I for one would prefer to keep Player Studio discussions between players and PS artists in the Vet Lounge here, rather than trying to direct people to the forums we PS artists use to talk among ourselves.

Just my opinion though.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually making all the Everquest player go over to the other forum seems a bit silly when they are just interested in Everquest player studio items... just saying. :) And I think you mean similar conversation. Identical would require people to copy and paste from one forum to the next. Although if you subscribe to the Many Worlds theory where anything can happen I guess there could be an alternate universe where people spontaneously posted identical conversations in both forums without any preplanning.