Forum Sections Being Moved

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sancus, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If I was going to guess RadarX may clarify and then say all posts except off topic ones will be allowed by moderators. This based on other dev comments that off topic dicsussions have better places to be discussed. The reply to that being that these other sites don't allow the Everquest community to discuss them. Let's see what happens.
  2. Saave Augur

The Guide Event Thread should be put back where it was .. not in Archives. :)
    These are live events and they are FUN. :)
    Thank you :)
    Fenudir, LadyEvan, Sheex and 3 others like this.
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I used to check these forums at least twice a day, before logging into EQ. With this cluster**** you've got going on here, my view time is about to decrease to "I'll come when I want to see patch notes, or to about something" because I'll be damned if I'm going to dig thru 4 pages of BS to find the ONE post from the housing forum I'm looking for.

Want streamlined? Vet Lounge. Newbie Zone. Tradeskills/Housing (*grumble* we didn't like it when they were merged, but that's better than not having them AT ALL) PVP. Guide Events. Lore. Progression. Get rid of that collapsed Class crap you've got going on there. Bring back OT. Maybe even Sense Heading. It certainly didn't stick around long, did it?

Honestly. This is horrible. I, and many others, have no desire to wake thru a bunch of crap we don't care about to find what we DO care about. I don't play on a PVP server. I don't go to Guide Events. I'm rarely interested in Lore. Sometimes I go to the Vet Lounge, but not to post, just to read. But Housing and Tradeskills was a forum I visited pretty much daily. I love doing housing. I don't want to read about what the 500 people on Zek are fighting about now to be able to get to the thread on what's coming from Player Studio. The same thing applies in pretty much every direction. Why would someone on a PVP server care about what us bluebies are doing, or when our guide events are, or what we think of the lore? Why would ANYONE that's not into housing want to scroll thru our heavily imaged posts about our latest housing brainstorm?

This whole thing is bad-bad-bad, and needs to be reversed. Y'all didn't learn very well from the last time you ****ed up our forums, did you? We've been here for 16 years. Stop messing up our stuff. This is like taking Auto-run off of the NumLock key. I bet 85% of us promptly remapped that sucker.
  4. noclue Elder

Not that it matters, but I agree !
    True user friendly 'streamlining' would make it quick and easy to find what the user wants.
    I'd love to see it reversed back to individual class forums, but that's just wishful thinking.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Wait, there are 500 people on Zek? Highly dubious! ;)

But yeah, these board changes were just like the PoK changes: a needless waste of someone's time that broke things that weren't broken. Good times...
  6. Dre. Altoholic

They should be able to foot the bill for a fifth of cheap whiskey, administered 3-4 hours preflight in order to subdue the travellers unconscious during their flight.

I think the EQ version of that would be Monster Missions.
  7. Vanrau Augur

The question I would like answered is why the forums are being restructured? As in the reason why upper management gave the order. Is it to minimize data being transferred to a new data center therefore costs associated with data storage/bandwidth etc...? Is this a way of saying that people should use other social media instead of company forums? I know Smed doesn't use the forums for communication.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Saroc_Luclin Augur

It's most likely for appearances sake. The data cost of the boards is likely very minimal. But consider it this way. What looks better?

10 families living in 20 blocks of houses that used to be filled but are now empty or just visited rarely or
    10 families living in an apartment block that might hold 20.

The traffic the boards were(are) getting is a lot less than it used to be. When a visitor shows up and sees 20 boards that haven't had posts in days/weeks/months, it gives the appearance the boards are abandoned. By compressing the boards, the traffic is condensed and the remaining boards get more traffic, making the environment more inviting. If the traffic overwhelms the condensed boards we have now, they can always be split back up. But considering Vet's lounge has had 20 active threads in the past 24 hours and TNZ has had 9, it probably won't be needed.
    Geroblue and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Chloris New Member

Since I can not find the housing posts anymore is there a website that will have it there? This is the ONLY reason I come to this website and if it is no longer available here I will need to look somewhere else. :(
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

When you focus on appearance over functionality you have already lost the plot. Why you and RadarX seem incapable of understanding this I do not know.
    Caell, roguerunner, beryon and 11 others like this.
  11. Kellaer Augur

Seriously, your lore thread deserves to be active at least. What goal this "streamlining" accomplished exactly is still beyond any mortal's comprehension. Dzarn made amazing posts in the lore forum too, and now we're not going to have a place to post those so it is much less likely we'll get those massive info dumps.

Remind us again why the forums are easier to use now after this unnecessary change?
    roguerunner, Geroblue, beryon and 3 others like this.
  12. RPoo Augur

I will miss the tradeskills and homeshow discussion forum dearly. The classes being merged is just another annoying click extra. Can we have a forum dedicated to "Drama and Cries for Attention" can put all the I'M RETIRING SO LONG EQ posts in there.
  13. beryon Augur

Are you really suggesting that regular users of the forum should have a harder time finding relevant posts, in order to impress some random internet wanderer with how recent the last posts were?
  14. Zaviere Augur

I still think that, at the very least, the Guide program deserves its own designated forum space for announcing and sharing results of their events, which take a lot time and hard work to put together. I'm not saying things like the tradeskill and housing forum sections shouldn't matter, but give the people who volunteer their time to keep players interested in the game a little more support, huh?
    Yarlawion, Ryleth, ModRanger and 2 others like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Where are we supposed to post questions/comments regarding Tradeskills if the Tradeskills forum is now archived and read only ?
    Would be nice to get Tradeskills and Homeshow back as postable, and as separate forums (never understood them being combined).
    Yinla and RPoo like this.
  16. Fendy Augur

We'll just have to discuss them in this forum.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

As of 20150312 the current state of the Everquest forums is probably best visualized as District 12's Victor's Village...

[IMG]
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That just looks like a peaceful winter scene.
  19. moogs Augur

Guide Event spam. For 's Sake!!!
  20. Scila Augur

Yeah this needs some reconsideration dumping everything into one forum category gets sloppy. I put posters on ignore when they clutter forums with a ton of posts one after another to see the forest for the trees ... I can do the same thing for the posters for the guide events but moving them to another forum would be easier.