Forum Sections Being Moved

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sancus, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Sancus Augur

Is it just me, or have like half the forum sections been moved to the Old Archive now (and Class Discussion has just disappeared)? There don't seem to be replacements at this point, nor was this change announced as far as I can see.

Edit: Ok, I see Class Discussion has moved to within EverQues Discussion. But I liked it how it was before....
    Tacoheals likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

I liked having individual class forums before the last change.
  3. Kiillz Augur

man that was a stealth ninja move!!
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

The team is going through every game's forums with the goal of streamlining things for players.

Sections with low views and/or engagement are getting closed/merged. Nothing is being lost, and conversations that aren't merged with other subforums can be found in the archives.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Missing sense heading, tradeskill, guide events and off topic as well
    Fenhir and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  6. Crystilla Augur

Um? No one in their right mind would look for the Guide events in "archives". Nor tradeskills. And off topic being moved there? Archives is for things you can't post in anymore. Does this mean all of those will no longer be postable?

(Bad idea here at least on guide and tradeskill)
    Oxgoad, Aanuvane, beryon and 4 others like this.
  7. segap Augur

Putting things in a tree rather than the flat view is sort of annoying. For classes, I could care less about hybird, but am interested in melee and caster. Now I have to open up Classes to see if there is a new post in the sub areas rather than just refreshing the top level and looking at last post date for everything.

It's like having to hail twice for a quest update. Now I have to click twice (thrice if you count navigating back to the top level) to get a forum update :(
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) The Class section needs to be expanded. Nesting it that way looks like and kills the usability.
    2) Low use doesn't make it worthless. My lore thread had more views than any other thread on this forum and was made for the express purpose of answering the threads that continually popped up asking the same questions over and over. Likewise, having a place for guides to post didn't get tons of responses, but it let people know what was going on.
    3) Dont with our forums like this without asking first, it just pisses us all off. Ask what happened when She-Who-Will-Remain-Nameless did it. It wasn't pretty.

Time to crack out this guy again:
    [IMG]
  9. Silv Augur

Oh wow... another completely unnecessary change with no notice that took time and resources. :confused:

Thanks. I couldn't find those!
    Lingum, Oxgoad, Ratbo Peep and 5 others like this.
  10. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Give them a kick up the and tell them to put Sense Heading back...you know where the devs actually ask for our input.....I'm surprised they left the Patch Note Forum alone, that gets less posts than a lot of the forums they have archived.

Where are guides now posting their events and where will the tradeskill discussions take place?

As we have said before, if it ain't broke "don't fix it" and break it!
    Xanadas and beryon like this.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

Correct. Anything in archives will not allow users to post to those sections.
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

The goal is streamlining sections.

Devs are STILL asking for feedback. But doing it in News & Announcements means these are topics that people see when loading into the game.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's been tried before, and it FAILED, miserably. Don't repeat past mistakes.
    IceSy, Nniki, roguerunner and 7 others like this.
  14. segap Augur

One might think that people playing a 16 year-old game might be creatures of habit and intolerable to change...
    Nniki, moogs, Meatball and 3 others like this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The guide/role play section was useful for kind guides announcing a rough guesstimate of their events to the servers they work on. Why was this section removed? Where can they provide this information going forward? Seems like a needless snub to player ambassadors who contribute a lot of their own free time towaeds the enjoyment of other players.
    Nniki, Oxgoad, roguerunner and 5 others like this.
  16. silku Augur

Why is this a priority goal? Of all the things that need to be addressed, resources are being used on streamlining first POK merchants, and now the forums?
    Nniki, Meatball, Xanadas and 5 others like this.
  17. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Guides posting there now as well?

Where are the tradeskill posts supposed to go?
    Nniki, beryon, Ryleth and 1 other person like this.
  18. Roshen Brand Manager

Sections that are being closed and/or merged is because of the views and engagement in those sections.

Guides will continue to advertise their events. I'm chatting with them now to see what will be the best practice to draw attention to these events moving forward.
  19. Silv Augur

So again, the question is where will guides post to let us know about events? Tradeskills? Lore?

And what forum doesn't have an "Off topic" area? That's like... just against internet rules.... or something.

Edit: Okay... you posted answering part of this at the exact moment I posted :p
    Ryleth and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  20. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Having an Off Topic board provides an outlet for general nongame talk. While it's not as active as it used to be, it should IMO still be there.

People like to talk about stuff among friends. So if people wanted to talk about say the latest Walking Dead episode with fellow EQ game players, Off Topic provides such an outlet. Otherwise you increase the mod workload with more chaff in the actual game channels.
    Nniki, roguerunner, beryon and 2 others like this.