Forum Sections Being Moved

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sancus, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Fendy Augur

The forum Game Update Notes (Live) only gets 2 or 3 posts per month. Obviously an underused forum. Following RadarX's suggestion maybe Game Update Notes for all of DBG's games should be consolidated into a single forum here:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/index.php?_ga=1.138309427.2026782599.1420410931
    Sure, it would be inconvenient for us players, but it would certainly fit with the new streamlining strategy. Most of the forums in the above link were purged recently so there's plenty of room for a new one.
  2. Lighteningrod Augur

Never heard of it. Never seen it before today. Considering Player Studio actually makes DBG money one would think it would be of some importance. heh.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There is a viable solution, undo all the changes you made due to the fact that it was utter stupidity to make any of the changes.

You're complete lack of understanding regarding the need for a separate forum for TSs, Housing & Players Studio, Guides, and Lore within each specific game's forums simply shocks me. I mean have you even looked at that cluster**** of a forum you linked to? I mean you all can't even be bothered to give each EQ game its own forum; you have to cram them into a single forum.

Common sense would tell that the Players Studio forums as they are should be for the people who are Player's Studio Artists who are talking to each other about their process as well as with the Devs & Coders who are in charge of the tools those Artists use and the approval process. Each individual game should have its own separate forum for Artist & End User communications. You could set up the latter such that it is a single forum which is accessible from either the PS forum or the appropriate individual game forum; along with links back to each possible forum.
    Melanippe, Caell and MasterMagnus like this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Also you might want to talk with Rick Reynolds about it. He is the only mod on those boards, spends time directing players to post on the individual game forums not the PS forums, and spent Tuesday cleaning up a ton of spam posts.

I'm not sure the Player Studio lead thinks this is a good idea either.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Iila and Caell like this.
  5. Crystilla Augur

RadarX

As folks have said, the forum you linked serves an entirely different purpose. It is an intergame forum, where the artists communicate with each other as well as with Rick. It is not an appropriate place for the type of things that us players communicate with the artists for our specific game.

It is not identical conversations taking place, that's what we're trying to tell you. Audience and goals of the threads are very different.