Fear revisited.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tarvas, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

The chest is pretty meager for killing the three of them IMO. Definitely agree it could use 1 - 2 more items and another spell or three.
  2. Battleaxe Augur

Why would a guild that fields less than a full-sized and well constructed raid force expect to beat a lesser difficulty than normal raid and receive rewards as if they had managed a full-sized accomplishment.

When as many as three guilds on a given server beat expansions before the next is released and two others have beaten at least a couple of events its not a case of events being designed for "ubers". It's a case of content being designed for raid guilds with a few not raid guilds trying their luck against content they've not prepared themselves to beat.

Have a useful and fun PoFear discussion. But kindly remember - it's Plane of Fear, Guild wrecking, (formerly) two day corpse recovery, four attempts to break in and setup West camp PoFear. Not Plane of Mild Anxiety. "We got a chest." should be met with "Woot! Grats!!", not "Of course you did."

PoFear and Hate are non-progression achievements for those who've not yet beaten them, extra loot while extra loot still matters, and extra raids when current raids can be done in a day or two. Like the previous "one offs" and PoWar I don't see them as intended to be mini-raids for casuals that provide rewards that are too good given their difficulty.
  3. Klak Augur

Fear/hate and tier 1/2 can all be cleared in two days.
  4. Silv Augur

And we were doing so well on keeping this thread troll-free... Good job!
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I can't remember that far back but didn't a golem drop loot when you killed it?
  6. Battleaxe Augur

Some things not trolling...
    (I happen to agree.)

Spoilers 8(...
    (Many raid guilds prohibit sharing strats. Still a thread like this is going to contain spoilers - it's a given.)

Leaning towards trolling...
    Not having spells rotting yet? Beat more TBM raids and they will be. <- not enough spells is close to trolling. The free candy machine is generous enough.

Trolliolio!
    The first one off is so easy one could almost weep.
    1. Follow emotes.
    2. Pew pew.

Raid content is and should be almost exclusively designed for able to field a full-sized force raid guilds. Raids sufficient for 1 day a week plus another day a week of non-obligatory raids is barely adequate.
    Klak likes this.
  7. Battleaxe Augur

Everything in Fear dropped loot back in the day. KIll one kind of mob for Paladin armor, kill another for SK armor.

But, back in the day raid content was PoFear/PoHate. They were the main events and not just extra content.

Rather obviously those not up to knocking off the current progression would favor an easier/takes less time to master and less time to do once mastered alternative. IMO that's not what current PoFear was intended to do. It was intended to plump up a low event count TBM raid line up.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Heh, we thought it was in line with CToV, but I guess not. I will report back to my guild ASAP that it was only meant for those that could clear TBM. No doubt the guild will be sad, but I am sure we will adjust as always. Thanks for the info.
  9. Klak Augur

I wasnt trolling. you can clear everything in 2 days...
  10. Klak Augur

Really tired of seeing these posts. You dont have to be an "uber" guild to beat Fear/hate or even t1. I watch a lot of streams of guilds doing TBM and most of the time people just dont know how to play their class correctly. This is an easy game. A lot of the time I see shamans not know what to hit etc. I am more than willing to talk to any shaman about their class as is many other people. The thing is people need to know what to ask for and how to exchange information. The top guilds, at least my guild, raids a lot less than most guilds and we get things done simply cause people work together. I personally would love super challenging raids but its not going to happen cause of posts like this.
    Battleaxe likes this.
  11. Klak Augur

See previous post. You guys should be able to clear fear/hate. Just gotta work at it.
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Everyone should be able to clear it, but reality says that isn't so. Regardless, that wasn't the thrust of the conversation when I started it though I should have known it would have turned out this way.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Does 'a servant of Fright' have a localized spawn point or do they just spawn anywhere around Fright? We know we need to take care of them before they blow us up/heal Fright, but we could only get 2 decent starts (defined as we were dead in 30s instead of 5s) in on it before we had to call it quits and we hadn't quite figured out where they come from except "around" and "quickly." We tried on the south east zone wall and just a little south of his hill so far, but nobody saw any rhythm or rhyme to them. We were going to try him at his spawn point but ran into a little issue prior to which ended the night for us. :(
  14. Klak Augur

k I guess. Hopefully we can get a dev or someone to see this so maybe they can change it to a dz, give a few guilds more days to work on it. The quest task is pretty awful.
    Tarvas likes this.
  15. Flutegirl Journeyman

TBH - both HATE and FEAR should be aimed at CToV level. No idea why they weren't. To me they actually were - but then "folks in the Dev's ear" moaned and it got changed. I kinda think the spells give that away tbh.

It's pretty they are not tbh. I could understand full raid on Inny and CT, but the Dev's have given absolutely nothing to young/mid tier guilds
    If you don't raid with 54 - you are is what they are saying.

PS : We beat Draco with 38 folks - if folks are struggling with it - i don't mind PM them about what they could do.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

On the order of a decade ago (then) SOE reviewed the raid size question and acknowledged that creating raids to accommodate different sized forces posed a challenge for guilds. At that time they announced that future raids would be designed for 54 players.

54. And overwhemingly they have been. New content...54. New content...54 again. New content...54.

If you don't raid with 54 you aren't fielding as powerful of a raid force as you might field [BA: and as a consequence you might lose] is "what they are saying." Fixed that for you.

"Young"?
    1. Older content provides a gear up and get used to raiding opportunity for "young" guilds.
    2. E'ci Publc Raiding was at one time young and it fielded full sized raids and was well beyond mid-tier status in extremely short order.

"Midtier"?
    http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=TDS
    If your guild hasn't beaten any TDS or TBM raid you aren't mid-tier.

Perhaps low-tier or casual opprotunistic raiders would be a more accurate description of guilds that don't field full-sized raids. There's plenty of small force content - it's called grouping.

Grats. While I don't share strats that's a nice offer.
  17. Tyraxor Augur

Blah...Eq is old and the population decreasing, because the quality is lower as well currently and not everyone stays around.
    54 is too much for non-progression raids.
    Everything in Fear and Hate should be doable by 30-40 people with a plan.
    I don't know if it is, but judging from this thread...probably not.
  18. Battleaxe Augur

IMO the "EQ is dying so everything should be easy" argument isn't very strong although I can understand why those who make next to no effort would share that opinion.

(Hey devs, how about giving us all Invulnerabilty/Able to DT Mobs mode so we can enjoy every item and see everything before EQ dies...kplsthnx~)

Raids sufficient for 1 day a week plus another day a week of non-obligatory raids is barely adequate for genuine current content raiders.

Low tier and casuals have previous content. Having helped out with pickup raids for several months I can tell you that there are PLENTY of items (and currency) wanted from previous content. Frankly IF I was in such a guild I'd be focused like mad on getting to and doing that 1st TDS one-off.

A thread about beating PoFear? Entirely appropriate.

Using it for a "Think of the children (casuals)!" soapbox? Not so much.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Quite frankly I don't care about the difficulty of the raid. It is either too tough to take down or it is not. Annoyed that no loot dropped on a hit, yes. Annoyed with the way they decided to do lockout, yes. At the actual hits themselves, no.
  20. Silv Augur

It's 4 fixed 'directions' a certain distance away from wherever he is. Imagine Fright as the center of a circle - the adds will spawn Top/Bottom/Left/Right and path to the center regardless where you fight him. So, 'around' and 'quickly' are both accurate as you experienced ;) We would just station 1 or 2 ppl to monitor each direction for incoming adds. They are puntable so if you start to get overwhelmed wake up your Enchanters.
    Tarvas likes this.