Fear revisited.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tarvas, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

A bit disappointed that when we finally downed Dread there was no loot. From talking with Roth you have to kill all three golems for one chest and the draco for the other one. Anyone know how much loot and type comes in those chest by chance?
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

A lot. Fear/hate are almost as much loot as all t1 and t2.
  3. Sanh Elder

How are multiple groups in this zone set up when it's a task format? For ntov Dragons it was a raid format then dz people in. How does it work in hate and fear?
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Like a group task, but with many more people assigned to it. It's the same way DoN raids were handled.
  5. Gundolin Augur

Good timing on the post, I got to tag along on a fear run last night and was sad we didn't get to see a chest either. I hadn't realized you had to kill all three.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

We did a fear run last night and got all 3 goloms and dracolich down. Cazic was a bit more than was expected, but will probably get him the next time.

The zone is definitely not another NTOV, break in gear up type raid, and there is a good amount of loot, but that said it probably takes almost as much time to clear + kill the bosses as it does to do the rest of T1 if you not one of the really high dps guilds. Can't remember which golom it was, but one clocked in at 700 million hp.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Dread came in at 682 million. It took my guild about 990s to kill him. We lasted about 3 seconds against Fright and a little longer against dacol (sp).
  8. Kiras Augur

Does the hp of the mobs still lock unless you clear the trash on the same night as them?
  9. Iila Augur

Yes.
    Silv likes this.
  10. Sanh Elder

How many people in raid did it take to down him in that time tarvas? I'm thinking of taking my guild for a fear run and any tips would be appreciated!
  11. Iila Augur

The 3 golems have some mechanics that can't be ignored. You have to kill the adds on two of them, then spread out and avoid the totems on the 3rd.

The last add clump on draco might actually make him impossible for mid tier guilds. CT has a similarly absurd DPS requirement that will probably keep him out reach of lower DPS guilds. And by lower DPS, I mean that it's far from trivial for RoI to meet the DPS checks.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

33 and a box it looks like.
    2 Bards
    3 Clerics
    3 Rangers
    2 Monks
    4 Warriors
    3 Shamans (1 box)
    3 Shadow Knights
    5 Druids
    1 Enchanter
    2 Magicians
    2 Necromancers
    1 Wizard
    2 Beastlords
    1 Rogue.

Total
    --- DMG: 682626455 @ 688826 sdps (688826 dps in 991s) [99.99%]
  13. Flutegirl Journeyman

No fearless paladins :( I feel for your guild trying to do Fear.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Drakang Augur

I would say neither Fear or Hate are entry level raids. During Beta it was mentioned they would be more for those guilds needing to gear up to handle T1. Although Maestro is pretty easy once you learn to handle his one trick all the rest are by no means easy kills. You don't even really have to kill everything on the first floor to fight him.

Does suck that if you clear to him kill the Maestro you can't go back the next day and try Inny. Same on fear. If you go in clear it all and start trying to learn to kill the golems and run out of raid time you are done till the next week.

For many of the mobs Massive hps. Hard hitting and event mechanics you cannot ignore that if you screw up can wipe you almost instantly. Nothing in that says entry level.

I would say Vim and Vigor is easier than Inny, Cazic and Dracoliche.
    Fanra and Silv like this.
  15. Silv Augur

Don't forget that if you screw up and aggro a named before you're actually ready that you'll now have to deal with zone wide emotes/effects till you fix it.

Pray you don't get feared by Dracoliche then run into some punt mobs and get blasted across the zone into the golem triggering totems! THAT was a fun raid night :rolleyes:
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  16. Quuq Apprentice

It's like a Rube Goldberg machine of pure sadness.
    Elricvonclief and Silv like this.
  17. Sanh Elder

Looks like these zones are harder than I thought. Is there any gear to be had for 4-5 groups of casuals here? With mostly tds and tbm group gear. We have any hope of taking down the 3 golems?
  18. Brohg Augur

It's not the typical construction of the aphorism, but perhaps you'll take my meaning when I say "when you're holding a hammer, all problems look like nails".
  19. Iila Augur

Well, the last add pile from draco seems to cause an AE that scales with the number of adds still alive when draco repops.

CT could have a lower dps solution that doesn't involve killing the hearts, if enough of the raid can survive the repeated huge AEs plus adds, plus tanking CT. But the event is a LOT easier without having all the hearts explode.
  20. Silv Augur

From my experience, this is exactly how it works. The # of adds alive when Draco repops determines how bad you're about to be AE nuked. It's totally survivable if you don't get them *all* dead but if you slack you're gonna splat.
    Iila likes this.