Evolving shoulders in Tower of Rot turn into Bloodstained Shoulders?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mgeablonde, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mythaniel Elder

It will more than likely get fixed. Those that do turn them in to shoulders will probably be getting the item swapped. My main reason for the post earlier about people whining is that some people act like some things that aren't right in the game is some huge earth shattering problem. Let's say the people that do it before the fix actually get the shoulders and it doesn't get swapped out for the intended item. So what if some group geared people get the best item in the game. It's not that big a of a deal lol. It's a game folks...
  2. Mgeablonde New Member

Thanks, we didn't realise it was a game.

We did however realise the huge amount of time that raiders put in to get or try to get this item. By the way what guild did you say you were from? 20-25 shoulders is impressive and far outside what other guilds have reported dropping for them, be interested to take you up on your offer and go check out your guilds magelos.
  3. Vlerg Augur

and you'll excuse raider for panicking at the current trends of raid item being flooded in the group game ( ACoF, mistmoore ring, the T4 raid drop from CoTF1, plane of war....)

we'd just like to stop this trend before it go too far.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Tearsin Rain Augur

kindly do not assume that you speak for the rest of us.

as a raider, and a raid leader, and a guild leader, and a long term player, i could not be bribed into caring less about whether or not there are 1, 5, or more 'raid' quality items available in the game via non-raid means.

what other people have means nothing to me, it doesn't impact my playing of the game at all.
    higher quality items available to group level players just means that if we recruit a non-raider into our guild, it's that many less slots we have to throw rot loot at in order to make the person raid ready.
    Ratbo Peep, Sinestra, Leerah and 3 others like this.
  5. Mythaniel Elder

You're quite welcome. A lot people take it way too seriously.

Well, my toons name is Mythaniel just like the name on here... Warrior on Drinal... Guild name is Undivided Faith... Unfortunately, not everyone in my guild has a magelo so you're not going to find everyone in the guild that has them.

I hear ya Vlerg. I'm a raider. Always have been since Luclin. I understand the time and effort it takes for raids as I was a raid leader for Caer Cadarn back on Vazaelle/Maelin for from PoP to Deathknell. I just don't think it's the end of the world that some group geared people that can't raid have a chance at getting a few pieces of raid gear is all. :) I do understand ya though, it wouldn't be fair for group geared people who do not put in the time to eventually be all raid geared out lol.
  6. Mgeablonde New Member

I could say the same Tearsin, now if you had said 'do not assume you speak for me'..then fair enough, but actually he does speak for the majority of raiders posting here.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

Mr. Knowitall.
    Mythaniel likes this.
  8. Mgeablonde New Member

How convenient, nevertheless I did check all the level 100's in your guild (and there are a lot listed) to see how many had shoulders, I found precisely 4. I guess those other 20 top end raiders are the complete opposite of 99% of all other EQ raiders and just shy, either that or ....well, people can make their own minds up.
  9. Denial_Sinfae Augur

If anything, having the sparse raid items will bring more people to the raid environment wanting more shinies to match the ones they have.

None of this gear is easy to get in every available slot if you're not already a raider. Even then it takes time.

• If you only raid for the gear, stop raiding, you can get the gear elsewhere now. Congrats, your sour disposition can now improve.

• If you raid because you enjoy raiding, guess what? The raids still there. Have at it fellas.
    The drama-notches can be knocked down a large number of pegs.
    Leerah likes this.
  10. Tarrin Augur

Continue with this new formula and have previous expansion raid stuff drop. What is the point in having the *best item in the game, one that is arguable more rare to get raiding* drop from group nameds?

If anything, it will make less people raid. Why raid when you can get quality stuff by grouping?
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I enjoy raiding.

Why would a mage group when they can get all of the gear by themselves?

Why do necros get upset they have to kite all the time by themselves?
  12. Denial_Sinfae Augur

You guys also are trying to make it seem like you can just fill up every slot with a days good effort.

You'll gear up infinitely faster in a raid guild raiding than scouring your bank / RL time / calling in favors to acquire the other slots.

Someone take one of their group geared alts and get it every raid slot available out there. Please post back when you have them all. Also, where'd you get the raid visibles from?

I look forward to hearing back from you when the gear is irrelevant.
  13. Tarrin Augur

No one is even implying that. We are making it sound like exactly what is happening

Super rare raid chase item that requires 3 months of farming to purchase is dropping commonly enough from group nameds. That is a joke.

You are exaggerating the other side, and then using that exaggeration against them.
    Mgeablonde likes this.
  14. Denial_Sinfae Augur

So great, they work hard, and you work hard, and you can both achieve together?

Now we can get back to playing and not seeking shelter cause the sky is falling.

Reversed decision or moving forward as is, it's not a big deal. I'll play the game the devs create either way-- without coming here with anger.
  15. Tarrin Augur

I completely disagree that a person getting these through group nameds is working near as hard as a person getting this through a raid.

Nice try.

I am not angry. I just also know that decisions like this that slowly make the raid game worth less and less will eventually drive me and many others away from the game. I know I have other options out there to use my free time on.
    Yinla, Marton and Harabakc like this.
  16. Mythaniel Elder

Mgeablonde, I'm not going to waste the time to find each and every guild member of mine that has them. However, I know of at least 10 right off the top of my head that are not on Magelo. But there's really no point in telling you that is there? Regardless, it's irrelevant.
  17. Falos Augur

Speaking as a grouper I don't feel it takes much time or energy to kill the group named mobs in the tower of rot, but at the same time I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that tier 1 cotf raids take much work either :p Aside from powar and the new tower of rot raid things have been pretty effortless easy mode for both 'factions' (raiders and groupers)

That being said using magelo to determine how much gear a person has only works for gold accounts, I know some people that use silver accounts just to artificially boost their rankings. The cleric leaderboard on magelo is especially guilty of this where some players will list gear they don't even have, lol.
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Tarrin Augur

Two major differences that skews the time investment involved to get this item.

You are not limited to only kill 8 group named mobs a week.

Not anyone can merely walk into a cotf raid and get it. The requirements to get enough of a force to kill a group mob are extremely different.
  19. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I'm not looking at it from a single item perspective, I'm looking at it as a complete character progression.

Look, we all get it. It's not that hard to kill a named. Then you spend a lot of time killing mobs to level it. Now it's a fantastic raid item. Hey, that's available to raiders too.

Everyone sounds like they're pretty salty that it's so hard to come by in the raids. Go get one yourself then. It's "soooooooooo easy" shouldn't take you any time at all. In fact, there will probably be 7 for sale in the bazaar right now on every server. People OOC'ing that it's rotting if you just sit in zone for an hour.

No matter what gear is available atm on the "group" side of Everquest, every raid slot included in the "group" game, there's still a sizable gap between the loot you can get grouping, and the loot you can get with an organized raid force.

There's always been a gap, sometimes it's larger than others. Now it's closer than people want, but the gap still exists. There will clearly be a distinction.

I don't know if people just want to have some kind of super privilege badge or what. When people sit down at their computer, we're all clicking the mouse and typing on keyboards for hours and hours on end. Who cares if you did it with your pixels interacting with 53 other peoples pixels.

If you put in 40 hours a week in the group game and get a couple raid slots, you earned it.

If you put in 20 hours a week with a raid guild and get a couple raid slots, you earned it.

Yea, great, guilds put in work to get to where they can farm, players put in work to get to where they can down XYZ, go to Plane of War, accumulate the plat necessary to buy things.

Why is someone putting in as much time and effort as anyone else in game to get some nice stuff the end of the world? Are some players soap boxes that high? Knowing full well they can never get a full set of raid gear, and nowhere near a full set or even half set of current raid gear, who cares. There's currently (bug maybe) a single current raid item.

Your gap of privilege still exists. Your "harder" work and effort still shine. We're still looking at the time and effort one has to put in to acquire this gear. Each slot is like a million plat, Plane of War is dead everywhere (look at the posts on these forums, no one is ever ever ever ever in the zone cause it's a terrible idea and everything bad about EQ so you may as well not even count those slots), the drops aren't common in the first place.... It's just silly all around.
    Leerah and Cove like this.
  20. Vlerg Augur

So, now that the word is out that these cloak evolve into raid item, Tower of rot has been extremly busy... there's atleast a dozen of cloak out there on the Vox server right now.

if the trend continu, by next week more shoulder will have dropped in tower of rot than in the months of CoTF raiding, all guild combined.
    Fenthen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.