Evolving shoulders in Tower of Rot turn into Bloodstained Shoulders?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mgeablonde, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edrick Augur

I'm thinking the four day beta that took place during a holiday weekend contributed to this oversight.
    Fenthen and feiddan like this.
  2. Leerah Augur

Listen to yourselves. What do you sound like?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Tarrin Augur

Sounds like a person making complete sense.
    Genoane, Leerah, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  4. Iila Augur

Choose one -
    Feature! (please buy our expansion)
    or
    4 day beta.
    Fenthen, Axxius and Reht like this.
  5. Drathus Augur

It takes 4,000 green kills to gain the first three levels taking the item from 1 to 4. I'm just curious what you were killing that enabled your enchanter to to do this in 6 hours? The item is required level 100. The lowest level NPCs you could kill and still get credit to evolve the item is around level 80. To level from 1/5 to 4/5 in six hours, you would have to be killing a mob every 5 to 6 seconds, continually, without a break or waiting for respawns, for the entire six hours. I'm guessing it will take about 6,000 kills to fully evolve the item.

While I'm a not for or against the availability of this item, I find it amusing so many people who are vocally against this, are farming the item and leveling it. That wasn't directed at you Axxius, as your post was pretty neutral.

I do recall many people complaining on these forums about the rarity of this item. =P Now it isn't so rare! =D

Seriously though, anyone can camp the named and get this item and then spend the time to evolve it. Our group got one after killing about 17 named. We have spent about 12 hours leveling it up and sitting between 3 and 4. I guess the point is, anyone can organize a group to do this. So . . . ummmm . . . why are people complaining? Now everyone who desperately wanted this item can get it . . . yes? Or is the fact that anyone can get this part of the problem?
  6. Tarrin Augur

The fact the the *very best hands down no comparison* item in the game can be gotten from killing some group named...is the problem.

Why even bother at this point. Just give everyone best in slot gear the moment they log on. create their toon.

There is officially no such thing as RvR if *super rare raid chase item* can get gotten with a little to no effort group grind.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What is the point in raiding if they put the best item, you know the chase item for the raids as an uncommon drop in the group game?
    The complaint was that it was rare in raids, we've had 7 drop since the raids went live and done them every week, as you can see below our first dropped in February four months after CotF went live, March was a great month not sure what happened then.

05/19/14
    05/18/14
    03/24/14
    03/17/14
    03/16/14
    03/09/14
    03/02/14
    They don't appear to have done anything with the drop rate in raids, they did make it possible to purchase the item with currency if you beat the conquests.

Now they have put it in group game, so much for having something in the raid game to chase. :rolleyes:
  8. Torriadore Elder

The concept of Risk versus Reward hasn't really been in this game since Plane of Fear and original no zone out Veeshan's Peak. If there was any "risk" beyond that time, it was 100% grinded into dust with the change to no longer dropping loot corpses when we die.
  9. Mgeablonde New Member

To the people that are saying they don't see a problem with this I can only assumed you are misinformed or trolling.

Someone mentioned the effort involved in getting the medals and a couple of people have mentioned the insane rarity of this item, I'd like to clarify both of those topics.

To get a guild to the point where you can clear CoTF takes thousands of man hours, gearing up your entire raid force to the point where your dps is good enough, your tanks well geared enough and the entire force skilled enough does not happen overnight, then of course your force will probably be at least 80% max AA'd as well, all these things are tremendous timesinks.

One you have that force, geared and trained and turning up in sufficient numbers (itself no easy task) then you can start farming CoTF but wait.......now you have to get the shoulders to actually drop! My guild has had 2 drop in 4 months of farming and this seems about average compared to the drops posted from other servers. Now we have 50 regular raiders and guess what, they would all love to have the shoulders, sure some benefit more than others but its the single most ''best in game item'' so yes, everyone wants it.

Now recently they appeared on the vendor to buy but ONLY if you did the raid achievements, again no easy thing and takes yet MORE time to get them all completed. Now we have had 3 people save enough currency (to the detriment of gearing other slots) to buy them and have 5 people out of our regular 50 with the item, 10% of our raid force.

Now re-read everything I just said and tell me again with a straight face that you think this should be dropping off trash named in ToR that can be boxed by pretty much anyone.

These shoulders are meant for raiders ONLY, hence why its a raid drop and can be bought for RAID currency brought about by RAID achievements. This item is not meant for groupers or casuals.

You want the best item in game? earn it.
  10. Syrup Augur

The best power source in the game drops off random named in xorbb
    The best purity aug in the game drops off random trash mobs in chapterhouse
    The best shoulders in the game drops off random named in RoT

I really don't see why people are complaining. :confused:
  11. Zarzac Augur

As a raider, I'm actually a fan of those 2 items dropping from the group game. I think having to play in both the group and raid space to truly max your toon is good design.

I do think however there should have been a named or 2 in a current cotf zone(s) that also drop the power source as well as a some certain groups of current cotf trash that can drop the top purity augs.
    Leerah and feiddan like this.
  12. Drathus Augur

Well, it's not like you can simply run in, kill a named, and have the best in slot shoulder piece ; ) I do see your point though. However, I believe they set the precedent for this when Sol B started dropping the best in slot cloak item as a zone wide rare during hardcore heritage. And while this is only available for a month or so every year, my group walked away with three cloaks.

Again, I'm not really for or against this. I'm simply stating that I would not be surprised, given the introduction of raid level random zone drops, that this was intended.
  13. Caixaa Elder

It could happen though
  14. Drathus Augur

Anyway, it was stated these shoulders need 6,000 kills to fully evolve it. One solution would be to have this only evolve in CotF zones. Killing 6,000 CotF NPCs would alter this in line with the Alaris Tear in difficulty to level. Also, that 6,000 # was said to be solo also. So, not sure how many kills would be required in a group.
  15. Drathus Augur

Not really, no. Once you have the item, you still need to kill 6,000 NPCs solo. Not like that is difficult, but not simply a case of killing a group named and then equipping the best in slot item hehe. Although, I guess it is now possible to kill a random zone trash in any CotF zone and get a T4 RoF level raid drop =)
  16. Syrup Augur

Alaran tear evolves from a charm/ammo/face item into an augment.

The rarity argument is absurd, ALL cotf raids can drop it AND you can purchase it via tokens.
    That's 9 chances of a drop every week, outside of being able to flat out purchase it.
    Now they added a third option for obtaining one.
    Not a big deal.
  17. SOE-MOD-03 Elder

Y'all please keep the conversation on topic and constructive.

Thank you.
    ♥03
  18. Esero Elder

I'm not sure it's logical to compare a novelty item in Xorbb's PS to the best current item in game (statistically anyway)..

My primary complaint would be, and sure it's sour grapes in hind-sight, that I raided and saved for multiple months to buy Bloodstained Shoulders from the raid merchant (didn't even know if they'd become available through the merchant but based on the RoF rares I had a good feeling something I wanted would) only to see it now drops in a zone I could have gotten it in 1 day of steady farming? It just feels like I'm getting the short end of the stick here. I have no issues if the cloak evolved into a raid quality back item just to give some incentive to go and farm ToR (which is what this is) but I'm not really a fan of luck of the draw over time/effort.
    Viltaire and Fenthen like this.
  19. Viltaire Augur

You might forward it to a dev for a response then. It clearly seems like a bug. Hearing one way or another if it is or isn't would probably go a long way.
    Fenthen and Esero like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is a big difference, purity augs and power sources do not drop in raids.

If they are putting the best shoulder item as an uncommon drop off group named, it is a big blow to raiding.

I just hope the devs get in soon and tell us this was a mistake.
    Esero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.