Evolving shoulders in Tower of Rot turn into Bloodstained Shoulders?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mgeablonde, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've PM'ed Chandrok (I'm sure others have as well) Hopefully we get an answer one way or the other soon....but not a SOE soon...sooner.
  2. Roshen Brand Manager

Hello all,

The team is aware of this issue, and dev is looking into this now.
    Marton, Yinla, Viltaire and 1 other person like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Was it intended Roshen or a mistake ?
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If it is a bug, I suggest a patch quickly to fix it... before people evolve it and get rid of earlier items they had. (That and get used to a new shiny awesome item, that you yank away).
  5. Derd Augur

I would imagine you wouldn't need to look into it, if it was intended. And as in the items dropping in instances bug at a ridiculous rate, if you've seen that many of this item drop prepare for it to be changed/removed. Really didn't anyone ever tell you the old saying, if it seems to good to be true...
  6. AliveTank. Journeyman

it s not intended otherwise he wouldnt say they re aware of the "issue".
  7. Tarrin Augur

If you are evolving an item from killing greens for teh 6k kills..you are doing it wrong.
  8. Tarrin Augur

I am sure anyone who killed any number of nameds over a "threshold" will have a petition entered on their behalf explaining how they were exploiting a bug and will have their items deleted.

Right? :p
  9. Siddar Augur

One or two items a year, being the best item in game for those slots, being available to groupers is fine.

I dislike CotF T4 RoF raid loot to a much larger degree because of the large number of slots that loot covers.
    Leerah likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The main problem with this one it that is it the current raid chase item.
    Viltaire and Smokezz like this.
  11. Drakang Augur

Unless they fix this and take the shoulders away from those that got it via this bug should refund 1200 currency to all that got them via buying or via raids.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Makavien Augur

Yeah, i just bought them last week still evolving them. I don't think 1 neat item from group content is a bad thing but the current best raid chase item is def terrible design kinda like how after doing every mission in rof to get heroics on our weapons only for that accomplishment to be taken out by a mistake. Which is what them items being tier 4 quality was.
  13. Qualzek Augur

this is probably one of the worst things i have seen.... stuff like this makes me want to quit... no clue why the best item that ppl save their dkp up for and few raiders get.... is made groupable... so dumb...
    Yinla and Kiillz like this.
  14. Kiillz Augur

as stated here, TOTALLY working hard and doing it wrong if your chasing greens to evolve it.
    Elricvonclief, Tarrin and Esero like this.
  15. Qualzek Augur

Chase items are fine... i understand that... make a raid equivalent chase item (ie Ancient Cloak of Flames).... not an item that ppl have already worked hard for and saved for (best item in game)... and waited for...

make a separate item maybe so those who raid constantly save dkp and are lucky enough to get this rare drop can maybe benefit from the other item too
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Tearsin Rain Augur

how in the WORLD can any of you people freaking out about this not CLEARLY see how stupendously obvious it is that this is just a glitch?

OBVIOUSLY when the tower of rot evolving item was created, the quest popup that was tied to it had the wrong item ID added to the reward window, causing the current situation we have now.
    50 bucks says that it's something like 'group item reward is item #184921' and the shoulders are like 184912, and the guy entering the data just transposed a number.
  17. Mythaniel Elder

Zero concept? Actually, I do. I'm full CoTF gear, including the shoulders, and helmet from RoF. Check Magelo if you'd like. Extremely uninformed and immature? Well, lets start with the uninformed part. My guild has about 20-25 shoulders and who knows how many helmets from RoF and they are extremely easy to level up, just a little time consuming. Go do The Battle of Rivervale mission in Xorbb and it takes about 3-5 hours pending on your group setup.

Immature? Why is it immature to state a fact that people whine about everything and anything they don't like on the boards?
  18. Mgeablonde New Member

That's what I think as well, be real interested to see what they do about the people who got the shoulders via this 'glitch' though, my 2cp they need to have that item removed and be given the intended reward, nothing else is really acceptable.
  19. Tearsin Rain Augur

given how that's exactly the sort of thing they've done in the past when incorrect item rewards were given out during various events, i'd be shocked if that's not what happens here as well.
  20. Tarrin Augur

While I understand where you are coming from...you can't deny theres been some "wtf?" moments with some choices that have been intentionally made..often enough where it's hard to just assume something is a bug.
    Yinla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.