Evolving shoulders in Tower of Rot turn into Bloodstained Shoulders?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mgeablonde, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mgeablonde New Member

Is this intended? really??

The item drops off normal Tower of Rot nameds and turns into a 1200 medal best in game item?

If this is intended its a real slap to all those raiders who worked so hard to save the medals up, unless, as i hope, its a bug?

Right now on my server people are going crazy farming them, all sorts of bad behaviour, trains etc going on.

A dev answer would be useful
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

I have the shoulders, and paid for them with currency. Doesn't feel like a slap at me at all. Rare zone wide items are flat out good for the game. Its really cool there is another way to get them.
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Edrick Augur

I don't mind the idea of the occasional raid item being given out in the group game, although the Shroud of the Forgotten is 1) way too common for what you get from it, and 2) is certainly giving out the wrong reward. The reward screen is "An Uncursed Cloak" which is like the other evolving cursed items, but it gives you shoulders.
    Axxius likes this.
  4. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

I will echo that post in all of its details, I just bought them too. There is nothing wrong with having this type of stuff out there. The rarity needs to be such that it fits in the scheme of risk-vs-reward, but having more incentives to play the game isn't a bad thing. I would guess the rarity is such that farming them is more work than putting in the raid hours.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Sweet. I like the mix.

There's definitely not enough out there to make you a fully geared raider, but you can become a really good grouper if you put in enough time / plat / hustle.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Harabakc Augur

They've been making some of the weirdest design decisions I've ever seen here lately.
    Esero likes this.
  7. Drathus Augur

What is it dropping from? We have killed about 15 named and completed the static zone progression. Haven't seen any. Is it a specific named, random from all named, or random zone drop?
  8. Stubar Augur

If I were to guess, based on the other raid loot drops in open zones, the shoulders would probably be a 0.1pct change of dropping or something super low like that. It's a stellar chase item tbh.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

As long as the drop rate is very very low, nothing to worry about.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Iila Augur

Well, on the first day we had two drop in guild, and we spent a good chunk of the day not doing any group content.

Closer to named rare drops like the lifeleech click than ultra-rares like the raid tradables.
  11. Axxius Augur

It's not very rare. And it is definitely popping up the wrong reward set. The cloak is a Back item, it makes no sense for it to turn into a Shoulder item. Let alone THE best raid Shoulder item.
    Yinla, Brogett, Songsa and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dandin Augur

This has to be a bug, right?
    Iila likes this.
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

I have no problem with it being a rare item. Very rare, as in 1 in 1000 nameds rare.

That said, best in game shoulders, should be an OMG, this dropped, good luck on the random rolls folks!
  14. smash Augur

I think there REALLY need a dev to come out and respond on this ASAP.

This to prevent it from becoming a case like the items that dropped with raid stats, and some got from HA.
    This in case of being a bug.

If not a but then ...
  15. boukk_sebilis Augur

it s obvious it s a bug, not need to /panic over it.
  16. Cicelee Augur

It could be an obvious bug; however there has been no official response to confirm/deny it. And it really should be dealt with very soon because the longer it goes on, the more of these Bloodstained Shoulders get put into the game. And what is supposed to be a rare, time consuming, hard to get item becomes more frequent and available to the masses.

I wonder a couple things-

1. Those that have looted the evolving back item and turned it into their class Bloodstained Shoulders, are they going to see that item changed into the correct reward? Or are they going to be allowed to keep them as is?

2. What should the final reward be after evolving the item?

3. The evolving item is a back slot initially. Is it supposed to turn into a shoulder item, and if so why is this?

I am just bummed I lost the roll on the first day on the first (and only) named I saw :(
  17. Tarrin Augur

So if we act under the assumption this is a bug..

Anyone who goes after this item from here on out is merely an exploiter that will have their prize winnings deleted? :p
  18. Iila Augur

It's Memorial day weekend, don't expect any dev or staff response to anything short of the game melting down.
  19. Falos Augur

I'm spending the holiday honoring all of our fallen comrades who graciously gave their life so that we may go on with our way of life....

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Never forget.
  20. Vlerg Augur

logical progression.

CoTf T1 heroic can drop RoF T4 raid gear.. so it make sense that CoTF T2 name can drop some very rare chase raid item?

next expansion, group chase item will be better than raid gear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.