Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Suffer Lorekeeper

In my opinion DBG needs to tune group content for group geared players and raid content for raid geared players. If group content is tuned to challenge raiders i think it hurts the game and FYI i am full RoS raid gear.

The reason i make this statement is as a raider i am going to get flagged and then camp my 5 or so augs. Then there is nothing left gear wise to improve my character. So do people want DBG to tune the expansion so this takes me and 4 or 5 of my friends 10-11 months to accomplish??

This topic comes up over and over again.... There is nothing DBG can do to slow down 5-6 raid geared players who know their class in a group setting period... This has been demonstrated over and over again from expansion to expansion. So to tune anything around the above described group seems really silly to me.

If raiders want a challenge make yourself a full set on conflagrant gear put it on and get nuts in TBL!!!
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Excellent post.
    Niknik and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

as has been pointed out repeatedly over the years and repeatedly in this monster of a thread, the overwhelming majority of people who provide feedback and actually test group content in beta are raiders, and they DO try to get the content tuned to an appropriate level.

all this thread is doing is rehashing the same arguments over and over again. someone lock it please so it can die.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Rather than perpetuate negativity, I deleted my post.

Good day.
    took2summit11 likes this.
  5. Voxvixen Journeyman

I'm curious about healing in TBL. Those who are having success, are you spamming group heals? How are you countering the dmg spikes?

It seems based on numerous reports that merc healers are not enough....
    Yimin likes this.
  6. Cadira Augur

There are lots of occasions, especially when fighting "fire" mobs that I seem to be casting a group heal as every other heal. For flavor and to help, I usually have group HoT running with all the group healing but it isn't enough. This is keeping in mind I'm healing RoS raid geared toons.

As far as tuning:

I can tell you the entirety of MS has done nothing but keep the group geared players in mind when we tested things in TBL this year. When we did a mission we had no real problem completing, we often said verbally, "There is no way a group geared group can do this" or "This would be rough without a raid geared tank".

We posted constantly saying things of this nature in the beta threads on missions or all around zones being too hard for group geared players. Please feel free to reference those threads if you need proof.

With that said, anyone believing that the raiders not keeping casuals in mind when tuning, is horridly confused. Sure, it doesn't help that raiders are the majority of beta testers but it is what it is. There's one guild that often perpetuates things being too easy and the entire community knows who that is.

Be assured, the vast majority has been rootin' for you, casuals.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

Make sure if you are using healer mercs, to block any heal over time spells they use on all group members and applicable pets to make them heal more efficiently.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks for the insight, and thank you for beta testing!
  9. Mintalie Augur

All of that but especially this. The constant theme of Beta was very much, "Holy , the group-geared players are going to get slaughtered." Anything detrimental to part of the player base is detrimental to us all.

Some raiders actually get this. Really.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Which missions are the real ball busters for group geared players?
  11. Cadira Augur

So far seems like the Fight Fire is a little rough. But from my experience it seems with CC or two tanks and some coordination, and a real healer, it shouldn't be too bad. I've healed with some difficulty, a single raid geared tank and no CC through the entire thing to put things into perspective, though.

I haven't done Contract of War since it was made easier most the way through beta, but I remember the named hitting insanely hard and I posted that that needed to be brought down significantly. It was previously probably almost the perfect difficulty for raid geared players, and them alone.

The "fifth" (maybe called Lava? idk.The right most path takes you to this one.) Trial of smoke is pretty hard atm too. The damage is probably ok from the aura and the stun, but the stun lasts too long or does too much damage, and would probably be certain death for the tank, as the healer wouldn't be able to cast again until the tank had sustained enough damage to die in group gear. Even if you could survive one or two, the fact that these mechanics last through the entirety of this long event would probably mean certain death to most/all casual groups.

There's probably more that I have forgotten, or never participated in.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Maybe I got lucky but I boxed that with my group geared warrior without issue. I didn't even know what was going on since it was my first attempt. I just grabbed aggro on those four armor bros when they marched across the bridge and blew them up one at a time.

It's definitely a mission that requires a real tank + real healer, but I don't think a proper group-geared tank should sweat it.
    Cadira and Took2summmit like this.
  13. Took2summmit Elder

I've seen many people complain about fight firen, but I beat it first try. Yes we had an ench, but only used 1 merc. But if people are using fight fire as the barometer, I found it to be a perfectly tuned entry level mission. Anything easier than doing normal tank and spank and cc on 16 mobs would be disappointing, imho.

I dont mnow the name of it. But apparently theres a mission with 2 AEs, and if they hit same time, will instakill group geared players...stuff like that should definitely be changed.
  14. Sancus Augur

Everything but the last wave (the 4 that sometimes go off aggro) can be split or CC'ed via root or mez. Individuals are pretty trivial to deal with. So if you have any class with decent CC or pulling abilities it becomes pretty trivial. The last wave is aggro linked, but you aren't tanking all 4 at the same time for the most part, and they are still CCable.

If you just pull and tank them all there's some challenge, but I've done this with a number of group makeups I wouldn't be comfortable using in RoS missions.

And to be clear, I'm all well and good with tuning the expansion down, especially the damage on spells/DoTs. I think the difficulty of some tasks required to access zones is very much out of whack. Fight Fire isn't really among those IMO.
  15. Took2summmit Elder

Also confirmed, the final 4 mobs of fight fire are all rootable..so hopefully that will help some people that cant find a bard or ench?
  16. NeverPayForLag Augur

That is a joke or do you mean it seriously? Every part goes for around 2-3Mill plat. If that is cheap for your then I ask myself which server earns so much money. If you are a professional grinder with no life and 24/7 autobot groups then I understand.. else... this is a joke.

It seems time that you come down a bit from your heavenly throne and take a glance about the average "normal" player. Not everybody runs around with about 40Mill plat to equip completely ultrarare-wise...:confused:
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Of course if all the boxers quit you wont have a game left. And you know that is the hard brutal truth.
    Mintalie and Graves like this.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

This spastic anti-boxer sentiment will end EQ left unchecked. These people who have been "touched in the wrong place by a boxer" need to man up and go play on TLP or something. (Maybe even another game).
    Mintalie and Graves like this.
  19. Ceffener Augur

Only $154 worth of Krono man, cheap.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's shocking how many people fail to understand this.
    Pirlo, NeverPayForLag and Graves like this.