Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Yimin Augur

Yes Ill move around the planet just to find group at prime time North American hours , do you even think be for you reply ?

YiMin
  2. Whulfgar Augur

How long have you been playing that you have zero friends who are able to help you if you need help ?
  3. Yimin Augur

Not many from the 2nd largest market in the world play EQ any more , because of attitude like yours !

YiMin
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Your attempt to imply you know not 1 single player who would try to help you out is to be honest .. I do not believe that.

So when I see question's like yours up above. I figure its more of an attempt to debate, rather then actually get a real world answer that you would like.

Whats your mains name an what server do you play on ?
  5. Yimin Augur

Well when you play at my time let me know when you see a single soul on Zek server ! 7 am in America is about 7pm in China ...

YiMin
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Zek server's been dead the better part of the past 10 years .. or close to it.

If you refuse to move off server to a more populated server (which is a very valid option) then you not being able to find a grp falls back onto you.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Yimin so you can cry foul all you want bleh bleh bleh ..

When you play on a dead server (or close to it) an refuse to do anything of worth to assist your own gameplay style in such a way as to improve your grping capabilities..

The fault does not lay with the company .. The fault lay's with you lil buddy.

Merry Xmas.
  8. Yimin Augur

Zek is the only PVP server left , and I got to spend 25 dollars cause you think i must move off Zek , you really think highly of yourself don't you ?

YiMin
  9. Yimin Augur

First of all we aint buddies ! \Come to Zek and ill show you that right fast ...bring all your raid gear ill enjoy schooling you even more !

YiMin
  10. Whulfgar Augur

PVP in Everquest .. is thee weakest aspect of Everquest . To try to portray anything otherwise with the overall amount of PVP style games out now.. bwhaahahahahaha

If you can't afford 25 bucks to move off the server thats dead .. I would not be on a thread trying to instigate an arguement. I"d be on that dead PVP server trying to kill everyone ..
  11. Whulfgar Augur

You don't have to spend 25 to move servers. You can stay on that server I never said you had to. I merely pointed out the fact that you attempt to imply DBG is wrong for putting out TBL .. and you are unable to complete it .. an unwilling to improve your situation.

You really think highly of yourself dont you Yimin ..
  12. Yimin Augur

Yes Zek the only server to defeat Sleeper when it meant something ! Just cause you can;t hang with the big dogs dont go puffing out your chest like your something special ! Like i said come to Zek ill school you daily ! i know pvping and trying to get ach is just to much for someone on a blue server !but unlike you i like a challenge !

Yimin
  13. Yimin Augur

Never said once the DBG was wrong for putting out TBL so try another angle ! My question for you was very simple , about not finding a group , I could be like you and say hell DB should force you to leave your server to come to mine ,,

YiMin
  14. Maedhros High King

I have every slot of my gear with type 5 stamina augs from ROS.
    Every slot has a solid type 7/8 aug in it.
    I maxxed my Artisan Prize.
    I maxxed my Heroic Resolution, Fortitude and Vitality.
    I make the better food and drink and a thousand other things that a grouper can do too.

The list of things a grouper could do that a raider can do is far larger than what a raider can have that a grouper can not.
    As a raider I have raid armor, Nathsar Darkness, which is better than Forgotten Gemstone, and I have Eyes of Life and Decay.
    If you had ROS T2 group gear in every slot, and put in the effort to max out all the things I have, the difference in our stats would not be 80khp and 8kac. I would guess closer to 40khp and 4kac the way Magelo still calculates.
    This does not even take into consideration the massive glut of EOK chase loot thats available for extremely cheap right now. Groupers have incredible ease to bridge the gap between them and raiders.

So to answer the question, given that a raider and tank are wearing maxxed out gear for whats available to them in every slot, yes the raider using 2hander is pretty close to a grouper using sword and board.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

At any rate time to go buy a plane ticket home.. load up on a blue server, an start the progression grind as I said before .. Merry Xmas lil buddy.

You love that server, do your thing ..
  16. Monkman Augur

Folks, around page 3, this thread started going off the rails.

If you want something done please post actual meaningful experiences you have had in the new expansion, and ways you believe things could be adjusted to help "re-tune" the content.

Anything beyond that doesn't belong in this thread.

Arguing amongst each other is only going to get this thread locked.

There are plenty of raiders vs groupers threads that could be necro'd if people really want to talk about that.
    Pirlo, Elyssanda, eqgamer and 2 others like this.
  17. Endaar Augur

At the risk of getting this thread back on track...what has barely been touched-on here is that there are really two types of difficulty.

The first is what, for lack of a better term, I'll call mechanical difficulty. This has to do with things like event scripting, mob spawn points, zone layout, etc. And this type of difficulty can be overcome by "getting better," in other words trying different tactics, executing more precisely, and in some cases yes, using a different group makeup.

The second type of difficulty is entirely gear-related, and really pertains almost entirely to mob damage output, both melee and spell. Yes, a good player can to some extent work around sub-par gear, but there's a limit. If a tank is significantly under-geared for the content, even a great player is not going to be able to make up for that, especially over an extended period of time. If a caster dies to AEs quicker than they can be healed, the issue is gear, not the skill of the players involved.

I think most of us want the first type of challenge as that's the kind of content that keeps the game interesting. It's why, as much as I dislike instancing for the impact it has on zone population, it's a necessary evil in order to be able to script events and encounters that are more than just mindless pulling and killing.

But gear-related difficulty is different situation. Obviously players need to have "appropriate" gear for the content, but what's appropriate? That's really the crux of the problem. If surviving in the first zone of TBL requires having every slot filled with top-tier group gear from ROS, I would argue that's excessive. And yet that seems to be the argument some are making here.

Group-geared players that could comfortably fight in the top-tier ROS zones should be able to move into the first zone of TBL and be OK. Yes, the difficulty should be higher, but it shouldn't be a massive jump. I don't play a tank so I won't presume to speak for them, but as a caster I went from being perfectly fine in ROS to getting eaten alive by AOE spells from trash in TBL and in the couple of smoke trials I've done. That seems a bit off.

Regardless, arguing about the "perfect" level of gear required to fight in a zone is silly given the state of the game. Most people are grouping with players of all different gear levels and there needs to be some accommodation for that. I am not saying that you should be able to tank current content in five expansions old gear. But a player that is in a reasonable mix of gear from the prior expansion should be able to function. Keep in mind that even if someone is willing to put the effort into going back into prior content to improve a few slots, many of the players that person would otherwise group with may have already moved on to TBL content.

There's nothing wrong with making challenging content, and it's good for the game. But making the early content in a new expansion so gear-reliant that many group players have to obsess about gear the way a raider needs to just seems excessive. And it's definitely not healthy for the player base.
  18. Ceffener Augur

Top 5 raiders shouldn’t determine the tuning of group content.

Endgame bosses and highest level raids? Sure, make those top guilds fail for months and let them post about how it’s too much.

But you take a top player and a normal player and put them in the same exact gear and it’s still not even close. They are just that much better, they are congratulations to them!

It’s healthier for the playerbase to tune group content so that 70-80% of players find it enjoyable. Even if 10% find it too “easy”, as long as you also deliver them raids that are challenging. That’s a win/win and what my goal would be as a developer.
  19. FawnTemplar Augur

Pretty sure they're talking about Maedhros not you
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

This thread sucks.

What do you and other Zek players think of Crowfall?
    Elyssanda likes this.