Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Zamiam Augur

ATTENTION: to anyone who might get offended this is NOT an attempt at BULLYING
    if you get offended easily please skip this message !!

so the group you got into last night just let you have all the gear .. 3 missions 2 armor drops each is 6 pieces in total .. I seriously doubt that a group going thru progression is gonna just give all the drops to you .. I could be wrong .. i doubt I am .
    more than likely your just blowing smoke ..
    Took2summmit likes this.
  2. Endaar Augur

Well, it's possible if he ended up with a group of raiders. Which of course would basically prove the premise of this thread.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

actually more likely he got in with a group of raiders that didn't need the gear upgrades.
    that being said, if he didn't die to AEs or other effects that's actually semi-impressive at 140k hp =).
  4. Took2summmit Elder

I said I got all 6 pieces? Weird I dont recall. No I rolled on it and won 2 of them. Which were both big upgrades. The point I was making that, at least in the tier 3 doomfire missions, AE is no issue for my 140k hp necro. That's the only point I was trying to make.
  5. Zamiam Augur

true , however the expansions has been out for 5 days now .. I'm pretty sure most raiders are already past the 1st and 2nd tier ?
    but your right he could of got lucky .. must be that new LUCK stat paying off ..
  6. Zamiam Augur

hmm Crazy amounts of Upgrades means lots of loot not just 2 items .. lol but good for you.. i still think your blowing smoke just to hear yourself talk .. some people just like the attention
  7. Grau Elder

AKA. I had one anecdotal experience, therefor everyone else's experience is invalid.
    Mintalie likes this.
  8. Took2summmit Elder

9. Took2summmit Elder

Aka it's been 5 days and everyone has been running around like they've been bashing their heads against the content for months.
  10. Took2summmit Elder

I'd like to reiterate my stance on a couple of things:
    1. I'm not a fan at all of the locked zones
    2. The content, from what I've seen so far, is tuned just fine for group geared people.
    3. There should be more relaxing xp camps. We shouldnt be dieing to other groups AEs, and there should be some good xp camps without any AEs at all.
    4. The devs did a decent job overall and the rollout of this expansion is not as bad as this post makes it out to be. The main issue that makes it look much worse on the surface, which I 100% agree with, is the locked zone structure. Not a fan of it at all.
  11. ShadowMan Augur

I think you are underestimating your gear and having raid dps toons to kill stuff so fast. As a few people have expressed spells are over the top crazy for grouping resources. The expansion is riddled with stuff like

[45607] Burning Ash
    Target: Hatelist2
    Range: 1000', AE Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 87979 per tick
    2: Decrease Current HP by 121212

Then on top of that group tanks are eating flurries from unslowed mobs that are still hitting for 10,000-30,000 a hit while under discs.
  12. Took2summmit Elder

Yes it was with raiders. Someone asked in /general if any dps was lfg. I had no idea what it was for or who they were. The point I was making was not "haha this was so easy". The point I was making is at 140k hp the AEs were no issue for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont believe theres any raid-only loot that will help their group member (me) stay alive. The missions was stupid easy being in their group, but that's NOT the point I am making, it's that in doom fire, the AEs are not scary. That being said, judging by how ridiculously easy those missions were for them, I'd be more than happy going in with a group of people with 25-30% less stats.
  13. NeverPayForLag Augur

Whatever Doomfire is... I am stuck in the Trials.. again smoked... insane mobs with insane hp... whatever they patched this is crazy. I only assume that I got the wrong mob first.

Trial of Three: can read the text, then want to look and think about the strat and the stupid task kicks me out. That is a mechanics i HATED all the time in other areas of EQ. Why the hell is it not possible to have at least the time to read and develop a strat before we get kicked out of the task? This is so idiotic...

Your strat seems the best. Get a group with some Raid people, let your toon drag you through and be happy... that has nothing to do with a game, that is plain stupidity..
    This xpac is the worst.. i thought RoS was crap.. but this seems to top even that....

Yes, somebody must be really crazy to be so stupid or addicted to spend so much money on virtual items to have his Ego elongation...
    This game will dies with this expansion...
    Hopefully DGB goes broke and the owner changes... so that we get again a game which is fun and not Cactiicci-style or Free2Pay your off so that you run around in gear to beat that crap
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. Took2summmit Elder

I will admit these missions are not box friendly whatsoever, and I know you run a box team. That's a design decision I'm neither for nor against, tho I know EQ runs on box teams at this point. One of the missions we did would have been near impossible for a box team, even in raid gear. Emotes would fire off about 2 people having to run away from each other and another 2 people having to run to each other or else they would take massive damage.
  15. Vdidar Augur

Surprise surprise the same blow hards as always saying it’s easy.
    Mintalie likes this.
  16. NeverPayForLag Augur

the first problem is that i can even not read the text to think about and this stupid mission kicks me out. That has nothing to do with boxing. That is the most stupid design I have ever seen.

This is a beta product - complete beta - I never thought they can beat the TBM desaster. This is a "time sink only" product which is partly only an annoyance. Despite a game should have small milestones to crawl through the progression. Playing a game is something about "fun". DGB seemed to forget that. I give a about ubah gear if nothing is really playable without elite players. This xpac should have a warning sign - raiders and elite players only.

I give you a rough estimation for gear only:

- to make a complete group equipment you need about 123 radiance drops (rare drops) for one toon
    - to make them you need tradeskills maxed to avoid too many fails including trophies
    - additionally you need the usual drops from the named to even activate them
    - these muhbis are no-drop which forces everybody through that
    - to get them you need a force which is beyond the usual grouping game

The whole expansion seems only made around time sinks. A nice way to press out money from the players. Pay Krono, buy ultrarare, pay Krono, buy everything, hope to squeeze you through depressing stupid tasks to get a look to the next area. This is VP-key from the start. And VP-key in RoS is the most crap for a long time!

This xpac needs a warning sign: ONLY FOR ELITE PLAYERS.
    Stay away from this xpac if you want to have more fun...

The first zone seems only a sort out of boxers even if they are Cactiiccii proven. If that is the standard to get only one zone with a trial annoyance then I am done.

so far for the rant.... i am really a bit pissed at moment after countless deaths and endless kicks...

And to give some useful feedback for others:

Trial of Three:

1. There is no time to really read the text and think about how to solve it -> you get kicked
    you need to have a kind of spoiler ready to act instantly or get the task 10 times, read through the log files, note every part to have the text ready (extern with an editor) .. .this is a game? this is a joke!

2. Even if you manage to get beyond the first mob (which we did) then the second smokes us - the group is nearly OOM. Burns are here no solutions - they have so much HP and hit like a truck so that a Cleric and a Druid could keep up with healing but once the Druid was empty and all Nukers too, only the small melees left and still 1,5 red cons left...

3. PETS ARE NOT ATTACKING (!!!!) WTF is that? After Tank is down, the TWO pets are only shifted back regularly instead of attacking the mob like I am used to.... do we need now TWO REAL TANKS to make a stupid mission to see a second zone?

If anybody has real clues if there is a trick I am missing - this is really demotivating.
  17. Pirlo Augur

This post!! Lololol
    Qsnoopyjr !!
    I remember him!!

LMAO
  18. Tucoh Augur

Just finished Contract of War, so far I haven't found anything that difficult for my group geared box team.

Contract of War, btw, is a nice loot pinata mission with T2 gear. If I get stuck due to my RoS group gear not being enough, I'll be able to use it to gear up really nicely.
  19. Tucoh Augur

I think the mobs all have static abilities, it's just the order that changes. That trial is really easy if you have a tank and a healer.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Half melee, half caster. Not exactly ideal. Gear varied greatly among the members too (the wizard was not even 110).