EverQuest Trivia #610

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Captain Video, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Captain Video Augur

Based on this alternate wording of the previous question, I will change my previous answer and say Yes, it was possible to obtain this item while in PoK. Use of the phrase "reward-type window" will still get you a No, however.

This question cannot be answered Yes or No, as there was more than one way to obtain the item.
  2. Harris Augur

Was the item given from the reward window?
  3. alexander97 Lorekeeper

the storyline window
  4. Captain Video Augur

No.

This question was already answered No.
  5. Grove Augur

Sickly Ogre Suit, container given in 13th Anniversary Ogres at the Gates?
  6. Captain Video Augur

No.
  7. Captain Video Augur

There hasn't been any interest in the trivia game for more than a week. I know some of our regulars are busy playing the beta, and Morit has other RL commitments, so eventually there may be more guesses. I won't reveal the answer just yet. If someone else wants to start a new game, please feel free.
  8. Fadewood New Member

Was it the Onyx Skystrider Saddle?
  9. Captain Video Augur

No.
  10. Mary Poppins Augur

I’m waiting for a summary!

But seriously, yeah kinda busy lately and on top of that I had phone issues for a little while.

Were all of the different ways to get this item related to the same npc?
  11. Captain Video Augur

The summary on the last page is still reasonably current. It has already been answered that the item could not be obtained from any NPC.
  12. Mary Poppins Augur

You lazy bastard... you’re gonna make me click on extra buttons?!

Is the item a container?
  13. Captain Video Augur

No.
  14. Ripsnoter New Member

Is it a Frozen Totem?
  15. Ripsnoter New Member

Is it a Totem of the Scholar?
  16. Captain Video Augur

No. One question per person at a time is allowed.

Someone should take a look at the 13th Anniversary patch notes, it's staring everyone in the face...
  17. Harris Augur

Tome of the Hero's Journey
    And I pass my turn to Grove as he has already started #611 if that is indeed the answer.
  18. Mary Poppins Augur

Lol, wtf? I didn’t even notice that!
  19. Captain Video Augur

At last we have a winner, congrats!! How I wish I could see certain players banging their heads against the wall when they realize how obvious this one was supposed to be. :) Oops, my evil is showing.

The EQ F2P launch was planned to occur in sync with the 13th Anniversary, but it was obviously a permanent addition to the game as opposed to the seasonal events added at the same time. The advertised design intent was to create a levelling path to 85 for all classes which could be completed (with considerable effort) on a true F2P account. My perception has long been that very few have actually pulled off this feat on a true F2P, or even a Silver account. It is far more common these days to just box an alt and power-level in your favorite zones. Still, as an in-game achievement, completing the Hero's Journey remains a significant accomplishment.

The Tome was summoned via a free AA which has also been removed from the game. If a new toon's home city was Crescent Reach, a copy of the Tome was placed in inventory on first arrival. It could be equipped as a held item, although there was no reason to do so, as it could be clicked from a hotkey while in inventory. Now there is no reason to have the Tome at all, as progress through the Hero's Journey quest chain is passively tracked.

I keep hoping that the devs might someday figure out how to cobble together a second Hero's Journey quest arc, possibly starting in old-school Kunark, but it is perhaps a pipe-dream with so much of the player base in current late-game content.