EverQuest Trivia #610

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Captain Video, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Captain Video Augur

No.
  2. Dreadmore Augur

Was it the result of a quest?
  3. Captain Video Augur

No.
  4. Zamiam Augur

was this item from an anniv event ?
  5. Zamiam Augur

the above question i was writing it as you answered dread's question on quests.. :(

back to the writing pad
  6. Captain Video Augur

Yes.
  7. Zamiam Augur

ok im confused

is it an Item - yes
    is it equipable - yes
    prim, sec, range, ammo - yes ( one of those slots)
    clicky effect - yes
    introduced sometime between VoA and TBM yes
    Removed from game - yes ( no new can be attained, players could still have this item)
    No drop - yes

drops from NPC - NO
    from a quest - NO
    from /claim - NO
    from Marketplace - NO

is it Player made via TS somehow ?
  8. Captain Video Augur

From these answers you should be able to determine the second of the two relevant things this item has in common with #608.
  9. Captain Video Augur

No.
  10. Dreadmore Augur

You overestimate my intelligence

I don't even know what to ask next!
  11. Zamiam Augur

2nd relevant thing that it was removed from game ?
  12. Arog Augur

Was this the
    19th Anniversary - The Chambers of Eternal Affliction
  13. Zamiam Augur

ok was it from the 14th anniversary quest " Big gnomes, Big problems" reward item from a chest " Vice Trap"

1: Persistent Effect: Vice Trap
    Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
    Mana: 0
    Casting Time:
    Instant
    Recast Time: 0
    Fizzle Time:
    Range: 0
    Time of Day: Any
    Blockable:
    Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Dispellable:
    Yes
    Interruptable: Yes
    Target Type:
    Self
    Spell Type: Beneficial
    Source:
    Live 11/15
    Cast on you: You place a vice trap on the ground.
    Cast on other: Soandso places a vice trap on the ground.
    Game Description
    Places a vice trap at your feet which will trigger when an enemy gets close, causing bleeding damage over time.
  14. Dreadmore Augur

Is it a fabled item?
    ... fabled count as anniversary events, I think.
  15. Zamiam Augur

but he also said it does not drop off a NPC ?
  16. Dreadmore Augur

Oh, when the games get this long, I just give up trying to remember all the clues :p
  17. Captain Video Augur

Yes, fabled events are also considered anniversary events, but no, this item is not fabled. I have said this item comes from an anniversary event, meaning it came into the game at such a time, and I have also said it is not used in or the product of a quest, which I believe is sufficient to eliminate all fabled items.

EDIT: After the game is over and the answer is known, someone is going to complain that "Zam lists this item as being used in a quest!". Zam has a handful of pseudo-quests in its database which do not map to anything in actual game code, meaning they never appear in a PC's quest journal. I answer these questions based on known game behavior, and what I think the common-sense player would agree with, rather than trying to exploit some quirk of Zam catalogers and in so doing mislead people.

The second relevant thing this item has in common with #608 is that both items appeared between expansions, neither of them are part of any particular expansion.

No.

No. This item can be equipped and is not a weapon.
  18. Zamiam Augur

Ok you got me stumped I give up ..
  19. Adonhiram Augur

Bah, something TLP players like me who stopped the "real" (to you) Everquest in HoT or before and came back with Lockjaw/Ragefire will never be able to find out :confused: But I don't complain and I am /afk anyhow still for a couple weeks, am moving and settling, which is a very time consuming process... Thanks nonetheless for that game, it is so cool and it changes from the usual flaming and ranting (or, TLP version, "my server is better than yours" "nerf mage pets who steal my Runnyeye business") !
  20. alexander97 Lorekeeper