EverQuest Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you can easily test if you are going to have any issues by patching up to the test version and logging into the test server as it is currently running the 64 bit client. There should be no reason you will have issues unless you are on a 32 bit OS.
    Shindius, Jumbur and Moege like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Isn't it possible to buy a computer without an OS pre-installed, and an OS of your own choice, separately?
    (you could even try asking for a cheap OEM version, if you buy it all at the same place)

Installing a fresh OS(like Win 7 or Win10) on an empty computer, is pretty easy nowadays.
  3. cybertoothlion Journeyman

Again, well over 50% of your players have a winter. Play a lot more video games during these months. I, for one - like to take the summer off for a few months and do a lot more outdoor activities in OUR world.

I would play EQ the other 9 months of the year straight, if the TLP's didn't start in May, I like to hibernate during winter. I know most people in this forum don't give a , but increasing your subs by even a few % should matter to you. That's $.

Please consider adding a TLP that starts during winter months, so the rest of us who live anywhere above Texas and California would be more willing to sub up and play again.

May. is. right. before. summer. you. dummies.
    Do ONE every 6 months, instead of 3 at the same damn time?? Catch both hemispheres.

I want to play EQ for most of the year in the cold months and go camping in the summer months, dropping multiple servers in May makes absolutely no sense, your releasing them when most people are getting ready for SUMMER.

SUMMER <----- I KNOW THERE IS HARDLY A DIFFERENCE IN CALI BUT FOR THE REST OF US THERE IS.
    Popknot likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Most of the Winter is taken up with beta testing and the new expansions release. Prior to that they have that huge sale.

Those two combined sure make the year end books look good. Profit.

Now 6 months later they need to pump a little more into making the books look good so that is when they release TLP.

As to seasons, this game is world wide and seasons happen different everywhere so just like trying to coordinate patching times - well it never works because somewhere in some county its not the time the other person wants.

So I think instead of "dummies" they are very smart in spreading the financial income to show good all year.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you think May is a bad time to launch a TLP server wouldn't it also be a bad time to beta/launch a new server? Don't forget they are busy with expansion launch related issues near the start on winter and we wouldn't want the quality of the expansion and TLP launch to go down because of a split focus.

The Expansion launch is also a busy time for the group of players that play on both live and TLP servers which would draw the audience away from one of them.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  6. Lisard Silly

You guys need to Fast Track and bump
    • Raid Zone Performance Improvements
    Your gonna lose a large community come March 6th
    over 40 guilds play the first 3-5 months of an expansion, every year your product is unplayable because everyones locked up / disconnected / unresponsive due to the servers lagging so bad I've already received multiple tells from players who plan to leave this game in march and its not just casual players, these are people who have been playing and paying for years contributing to Beta who plan to no longer play. I dunno what else to tell you. we dont need more broken content, Stabilize your game before there is no game left to stabilize. I am a well of knowledge and information i'm only passing along what i fear is unfavorable news for us all. The Skys not falling, but its deff not blue anymore.
    Fenthen, Svann2, zleski and 2 others like this.
  7. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

This - just this.

I'll only speak for myself and say: I don't think I can personally fathom playing through this another year. In fact, I'm not even looking forward to T3. Unfortunately, my brain has become hardwired in the last few years to equate every time I hear of "new content" with lag. I'm cringing just thinking of what even the upcoming anniversary raid will be like lag-wise rather than what it will even be about. GMM memories anyone?

Not good...
    Fenthen, zleski and FranktheBank like this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Personally I think rubberbanding/warping ticks on PV are gonna be sweet -_-
    Rexa likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm hoping 64 bit will help with the lag.
  10. Marton Augur

Lag was horrible during yesterday's raids, very bad player experience.

I don't look forward to Tier 3 raids.
    Fenthen, zleski, Lisard and 1 other person like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess that was in part to the large number of guilds that where all raiding at the same time to complete the events when those raids are normally spread out more.
  12. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

We did T1 on Friday night (day before T2 unlock), and the mobs were rubber-banding or not even moving throughout the entirety of all 3 events. It was in fact a worse experience than both T1 and T2 unlock days.
    Fenthen, zleski, Moege and 2 others like this.
  13. Moege Augur

Can log in FV and request a group instance , one where that little box pops up and you have to choose an option and accept. Time for that box to pop up 30second, clicking accept another 20 before mission is assigned. Zoning into the mission between 1 - 3minutes. That was not even during prime time.

Raids ... I am not looking forward to doing raid achievements it is going to suck, may just see T3 raids and then quit for the year till next xpac comes out which I may as well skip at that point if it is like CoV, a filler of no importance. Last year was enough with the farming phase and dealing with constant lag, I do not have a lot of motivation left in me. Feel ripped off on my expansion purchases.

Guessing that is what they hope also, personally I doubt it will do anything. Only thing that is going to help is spending money on the servers which the company seems loath to do.

The amount of outstanding bugs from beta is mind boggling then we get ignored or threads gets moved with this is not a bug. Leaving a sour taste in my mouth of why do I even bother with this anymore.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, I know that lag exists on servers at other times as well if you would read what I said closer I said it was in part due to the large number of guilds all attempting the events at the same time. The point is that when you have something that brings a lot of raids into the same time frame it isn’t going to help the lag situation.

As for your example I would guess it is similar as I can easily see that server load is higher on a Friday night during prime time as more players are playing at the end of the week,
  15. zleski Augur

It's been laggy for all of our tier 1 clears and it's really not fun.
    Fenthen and Sancus like this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Or
    /merc healmenowyouidiot
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

I am in the same situation and do totally know what you mean. Idk which hardware you use but you should be able to use Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64. Windows 10 x64 is sluggish on the desktop with old hardware but it does not slow down EQ. Its is not that good for boxing on the same computer but it works. Windows 7 is much better there. Win 11 has hardware limitations and does require modern mainboards with TMP 2.0 and UEFI (both BIOS features) and processors. So just install one of those OS on a new partition (>40 GB, NTFS) and preferably on another harddisk/SSD.

Windows 11 could be uninstalled but someone told me that it is much faster than Windows 10 and does require less disc space. You might want to get the Pro version as it should not require a Microsoft account. Regarding hardware get at least a modern Ryzen 3 G CPU (Renoir or Cezanne) with a 550 mainboard architecture. You might want to wait until about september when the new AMD Zen 4 CPUs will be released with a 5nm microarchitecture and more graphic power (+100% !) for the G and GE variations. This will be an improvement by about 30% in transistor cell size and performance and a milestone. Hardware prices might drop down also until then but this is speculative. The Microsoft hardware/software syndicate is using an obsolescence politic which will force the users to buy a new PC about every 7 years if they want to use the latest Windows version.

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/intel...-3d-5nm-zen-4-vs-10nm-alder-lake-raptor-lake/

The reason why DBG is switching to 64 bit is that modern hardware does require at least Windows 10 x64 now. Most hardware producers do not offer driver support for Windows 7 anymore. This should had been communicated by DBG as a lot misunderstandings could had been prevented.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

You can still buy a new computer with win10 installed. I think you never actually looked before you posted this.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

That is true. But I think it is a fair to ask why someone would want to buy a system with a soon to be obsolete operating system. Cost, I suppose ?
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is still supported until the end of 2025 and it can be upgraded to the next version later.