EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsuaruanni Elder

This coming from a guy who came in when the thread was towards the bottom of the page on March 26th to reply to a comment from March 3rd.
  2. Maneuvre Augur

Not sure how I missed this comment... ah I had to show ignored comments.

Fact check:
    - Sunday 3:06 PM, Post #1141: pro-pvp post. Maneuvre response.
    - Sunday 3:18 PM (12 minute bump), Post #1142: pro-pvp post. Kittany response.
    - Monday 9:41 AM (16+ hour bump), Post #1143: anti-pvp post. Angered response.
    - Monday 10:30 AM (49 minute bump), Post #1144: anti-pvp post. Accipiter response. warns me I'm going to get banned and states that I'm getting reported for every PVP post.
    - Monday 11:50 AM (80 minute bump), Post #1145: anti-pvp post. Accipiter response. Walks back the previous post.
    - Tuesday 12:39 PM (36+ hour BUMP), Post #1146: anti-pvp post. Skuz response.
    -Tuesday 3:29 PM (> 3-hour bump), Post #1147: pro-pvp post. Kittany response.

You can clearly see there that it's you guys keeping this thread alive.

Now you should be calling your own people out for bumping this thread especially considering it was 4 anti-pvp posts in a row keeping this thread alive. Sunday 3:18 PM was the last pro-PVP post for a while until 48 hours later (Tuesday) the next pro-pvp post. Everything in between those 2 DAYS was your team (really probably just you and your multiple box accounts) keeping the conversation alive.

I used to think I needed to bump this to keep it on everyone's minds, but you convinced me otherwise. The amount of hatred that you have keeps this post alive for us. So why would I need to bump this from the bottom moving forward? Again, you already do this for us. Good job "calling it out" though bud. People are starting to see right through your agenda. Thanks for investing so much time in our cause, but unfortunately I've reconsidered and need to ignore you again.

[IMG]
  3. Warpeace Augur

Wonder why this dumpster fire of a thread has not been locked yet? Seriously there is nothing of value here but people agitating others trying to provoke responses for no other reason but to /report and try and suspend or ban accounts.
    Duder and Tsuaruanni like this.
  4. code-zero Augur

It exists so that DW can toss other random threads of a similar nature in to it whenever they spring up. So literally a dumpster thread
    Skuz and Tsuaruanni like this.
  5. Maneuvre Augur

This thread was initially here to advocate for a PVP TLP. It has since been attacked by people with no interest in the idea and hoping to get it locked. If you feel that this topic is "trash" and/or a "dumpster fire" then do yourself a favor and stop viewing/posting in it. If the rest of us didn't have to counter the anti-pvp posts then we would be able to resume discussing PVP ideas. Thank you dreamweaver for your patience.
    ECrack likes this.
  6. ECrack Augur

I'll always be back baby, you can't get rid of me.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  7. ECrack Augur

They'll never stop, misery loves company and they don't want to be alone.

I'm here for you my babies.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  8. Angered Augur

First i would like to state i do not know the other people in this thread. I am a Phinny player who briefly played on Coirnav and Selos. I think its funny that you put this much time into thinking were all together coordinating. My beef from the very start is how dare you and maybe 50ish others have the gull to ask for something that is so unbalanced and so just not a thing when we the people have been begging for a FV TLP with fast exp! We want a free trade TLP not some insane PVP Server that no on cares about! The photo shop showing high pop is still one of the saddest things this forum has ever seen! But to my fellow anti - pvpers hi my name is Angered i played on Phinny i was in IVAS/WT!!! =) Nice try though 8/10 for effort but i am always looking for new friends =) Also bumping the thread means nothing when its just 8 us talking back and 4th and i can keep posting the screen shot that saying you will never ever get a tlp pvp so this thread can have Quadrillion pages with a billion views itll just be us =)
  9. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

The lowest-cost solution to this issue has been pretty simple for a long time:

Allow red-blue crossteaming on blue servers, permitting players who turn in their book to join blue groups and gain experience with blue players.

There are two ways to do this:

1. With no changes to any code at all, except to allow the cross-teaming. This creates, of course, a situation in which red players will drag around invulnerable blue boxed healers. But that's really on the red players whether they want to do that and destroy their own PvP experience, and anyway it still increases the number of servers which are viable for them. It's better than no change.

2. Add a code change which decreases the effectiveness of all beneficial spells cast by blue toons on red toons (minus 25 percent? 35 percent?) This ensures that a red warrior can tank for a blue cleric, but only in a pinch. Conversely, increase the effectiveness of beneficial spells cast by red toons on blue toons. This will mean that a red cleric can heal a blue warrior better than a blue cleric. This will encourage more PvP-flagged support classes, where usually they would be in short supply, and create an incentive for most guilds to keep at least a few toons in the PvP community: the support classes for their effectiveness, and the DPS classes to protect the support toons in the open world.

In this scenario, if the PvP players run around misbehaving, the blue community can just shun them by not flagging any of their characters red. I suspect that, when you're not forced to join in their misbehavior, most of you career blue server players will find it pretty easy to just be amused by the red players, or to put them on ignore.
    Maneuvre and Kittany like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What is truly sad, pathetic & annoying is you keep labelling players, myself included as "anti-PvP" when that is quite clearly false.

Most of the posters are fine with a PvP server, if it had the numbers of players to support it properly - what is anti-PvP about that?

Until there are enough people (and 10 vocal PvP zealots splatterposting ad-nauseum is not enough people) making a noise, and showing up on Zek (which your community totally failed at doing in anywhere big enough numbers for even one day let alone making your presence felt over several weeks) nothing is going to change, you are not going to get your dream PVP TLP with AoC.

Anyway, I am done with this thread, I really was trying to be reasonable, but you cannot be reasonable with deluded people.
    Angered and Fraggly like this.
  11. Sennik Jevest Elder

I miss EQ PvP, hope it makes a come back.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Shocking and just as this post was fading from the first page:cool:
  13. johncritons Journeyman

PvP is comin i can smell it in the air
  14. Maneuvre Augur

Nothing wrong with asking for a PVP TLP and your comment made me think. EQ PVP has made some fond memories. The nostalgia from Tallon Zek:

-Infamous guild by the name of Pandemonium. X-teamers... but they were good at PVE.

-Secret Rogue cabal that organized using the Thieves Cant language.

-A guild called Army of Grobb. Everytime these Trolls zoned in, the first thing they would do was /shout GROBB! GROBB! GROBB!

-Rare race/class combos like Dark Elf Clerics, Elf Warriors, and Barbarian Shamans.

Rallos Zek? On a FFA PVP server, several guilds decided to stop killing each other so they could kill Kerafyrm.

But on any given TLP instead we get: X-teaming utopia with Ogre Warriors, High Elf Clerics, Troll Shamans, Halfling Druids, etc. Everyone uses common language. People waiting in line for camps/loot. Botters taking over. And the community can't police themselves so instead we get a bunch of petition questers. But hey what do I know. :rolleyes:
    DosPanchos likes this.
  15. Barder-mangler Augur

Eq pvp is seemingly both the cause and solution to all problems on TLPs, depending on who you ask.
    Personally I can’t wait for the Aradune pvp fv loot server. Embrace the chaos!
  16. Kittany Augur

On VZ, of what I can remember, we had our own history as well.

- The Twelve Prophets
    The default OG villains of the server. They held a near boogeyman status on VZ. Every conspiracy theory seemed to involve this guild for some reason and I'm not exactly sure why. I never knowingly knew any of the members because the guild tag was considered KOS to everybody. Supposedly they was the best PvE and PvP guild because they took advantage of the 4 (Elves, humans, shorties and darks) cross team dynamics very early on.

- Defiant
    Partially rumored to be formed with the backing (Or perhaps even a falling out of the Twelve Prophets), this was the premier "Light side (Elves, humans and shorts) raiding guild. Lesley and Gruffer was legendary figures as well as the guild leader/raid leaders.

-Ancient Dawn
    If memory serves, they started off as a euro dark team guild which later became Defiant's competitors for raid targets. I don't have much else to say about them because they often stuck to themselves even with the 4 cross team tactics that they adapted (Like many other guilds did toward the mid/late PoP era).

-Aduntus/Torrent
    Heavily rumored to be ex-12P, they formed as direct competition to Defiant and Ancient Dawn. I'd argue that they was one of the PoP era guilds that embraced the 4 team dynamic which was at this point considered taboo. When the others guilds embraced the concept, the stigma Fell away. Also, this guild heavily recruited Those players with terrible reputations which lead to a lot of conflicts.

-RedShirts, Illumatae, Short Fuze, Shanks, Wudan. (I'm sure I'm forgetting some)
    These guilds were the "Purist" guilds. A single team on a guild and they enjoyed PvP. Often seen as the villains, they made PvP fun and fustrating at the same time. Some of my good friends could claim one of these guilds as their origin guild.

-Amazons
    A small guild that embraced the light races of the female variety. Often tagged along with other guilds and had some friend people in it.

-Iron Tower
    Often considered the B team of raiding, they often worked with the smaller guilds and some of my good friends at the time belonged to this guild.

-House Of Thex
    This was the premier roleplay guild. Comprised of only High Elves and Dark elves, they role played the Thex storyline within the guild.

There are of course many many other guilds that I'm not mentioning or remembering, and each one had a part of VZ's history. And each one helped shape the politics of the server with many fond memories.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  17. Sennik Jevest Elder

Very cool.

-Ascending Dawn was the top spot OG's of Rallos Zek. Of course in the beginning, like the first year or so they had some competitors.

-The Regulators cutt throat hardcore players that came in from Ultima Online. Very tight group of players, if you came across them you were going to get destroyed.

-The Curse these guys were KOS hardcore pvp 100% KOS to everyone.

Of course who can forget......

-Flowers of Happiness and their infamous players of course one of which Inmabeli a raid geared deleveled level 13 epic rogue. You saw this guy in the guild and you run, gate or die. Those are your options.

Of course he teamed up with my 16 wizard a couple times to destroy anyone who dared step into East Commonlands.

Sigh goooooooooooood times, great memories.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  18. Titanuk88 Elder

looking forward to a pvp tlp server oneday
  19. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

We tried to be cuddly, I swear.
  20. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

AD was a merge of Ebon Dawn and Ancient Orden during the cross-teaming era. AO were allies with Defiant before that, and were originally a pretty small (good team) guild.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.