EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iove Elder

I am not pvp fan, but early someone told about 2 pick of each zone, main is always red (and all boss spawn there) other is blue. Default you join second blue pick, but no bosses can spawn in it. It will not help kill bots, but will protect sheeps :)
    But this is too hard for programmers i think, more easy (and better for me) is making FV Loot server, truebox or not, doesnt metter.
  2. mark Augur

call off duty games are good for pvp also and in wow we get to skin sheep.
  3. Maneuvre Augur

Great observation, thank you for sharing. That's why I think a Team PVP (like Tallon Zek and/or Vallon Zek) TLP server will be the best in the long run. It would help cultivate the server population and also mitigate a lot of the griefing/PKing. My experience back on Tallon Zek showed that "wolves and sheep" comingled just fine among their respective teams. "Sheep" could focus on PVE, "wolves" focused on PVP by protecting their respective PVEs. The PVPs' incentive to raid with the PVEs? To get better equipped to deal with the opposing team. The PVEs' incentive to be on a PVP server? Idk... maybe they felt Trolls and Dwarfs teaming up together was ruining their immersion :p

But I won't complain if DPG decides to release a FFA PVP instead of a Team PVP. TBH, I wouldn't complain if they released it as a FV PVP TLP... Imagine that? OOF! LOL. ;)

Either way you skin it, I think its safe to say that nearly all of us will gladly take any PVP TLP DPG throws our way. We will make it work through server politics if we have to, not a problem.
  4. Maneuvre Augur

Too hard? Yes. Possible? Of course. How about a FV PVP TLP instead? :D
    [IMG]
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And this is why RvRvR always beats FFA PvP in an MMO setting
  6. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

You guys have Rise of Zek. A PVP server you PVP folks repeatedly brought up before and after your event, and how it shows there is demand for EQ PVP and that EQ PVP could work.

But you and the rest of the crew quit cause no groups (on a server you touted as great and an example to show PVP TLP is viable long term...) and because the server was top heavy.

Why should DPG give you a server? Those exact things will happen on it and aren't you just going to quit again?

It's the same thing.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Maneuvre Augur

I appreciate the attempt at a civil debate... but there are much bigger problems going on right now. Nonetheless, I know this is very important to you and some of the others because of the amount of time that has been invested following and posting unproductive content on this thread. So let's address your latest concerns one at a time.

RoZ is an e m u. It uses a much older client than what DPG provides but the PVP demand is still there. Its also the only thing PVPs have aside from another e m u Red99 or the abomination of 4 Zeks merged into Zek EQ Live. Many of us are just waiting to come back home.

I quit? When was this? I don't recall quitting. The "rest of [my] crew" didn't quit. Fippy never quits. So why would we quit? Maybe you are taking one person's opinion and then lumping the rest of us under that umbrella? If so, it is not accurate and I ask you to please stop sir. Yes, RoZ is another example of PVP having a community but its just one part of a much larger picture. These PVP outcries are the result of all the EQ PVP tribes looking for an official PVP TLP.

[IMG]

I can't even quit lobbying for a PVP server let alone quit playing EQ after 20+ years. Wth makes you think I'm going to quit playing on a PVP TLP? o_O
  8. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Wait...it's just Rise of Zek and Red 99?? But back around the time of the event you guys were saying there were all these other private servers. Now it's just 2? Were you guys lieing then or now?

You don't recall quitting? Then why were you one of the people posting in your Discord complaining about Rise of Zek, for the reasons I listed, and how you quit because of it? Were a few of you. Seems odd you don't remember that. You seem to have a lot of memory issues.

Thoughts and prayers.
  9. Kittany Augur

Time to throw in my two coppers... again on this subject.

It amazes me at the utter vehemency and vitriol that the PvE section of our community has for the PvP community. It has and always will be that way, even from the 'good ol days'.

As the old GnR song says (Which of course was taken from Cool Hand Luke I think?) "Some men you just can't reach....". That snippet of a quote seems appropriate for this entire thread.

On the flipside, the PvP section of our community has always had some rather... loud, colorful and outspoken individuals. Some of which can come off as brash and arrogant; It comes with the territory though.

I think, but not exclusive to the idea that the PvE section has always had a 'holier than thou' kind of attitude when it came to the Zek's (Yes, I use it in the plural sense). I'm not casting any one side as the villain in this narrative because both sides threw proverbial stones at one another; but up until recently it was mostly relegated to silly pet names and the occasional flame war.

One thing I think we can all agree on; When the Zek's for merged, it was the final nail that effectively killed the PvP community. The servers of course was dwindling as Norrath was changed by the expansions and there was some some who persisted afterwords on the now singular Zek server, but it would never be the same.

So, for you PvE'ers, you guys have gotten what you want multiple times without the implied hurdles and hoops. It doesn't matter the form of it because SoE/DBG/DPG's have given it even if it was unpopular. The PvP section of the community is simply asking for the same chance to be disappointed like the rest of you are :p
    Maneuvre likes this.
  10. Sennik Jevest Elder

So happy to see this thread is still dominating the front page. Keep it up ladies and gents. I like thinking this constant reminder that the biggest topic literally on the front page is completely ignored by Dev's. Seriously makes me feel warm and cozy inside.
  11. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Um...yeah.

Go back to the beginning. The majority of PVE posts have been in response to the PVP Bois (as they like to call themselves lulz) just trolling the forum and not actually having a discussion. The "pet names" and "flame war" is on them and now PVP folks are trying to cry victim lol. Also posting nonsense just to, admitted by them, run up the post count #.

Have you read the posts from when all 100 of the threads they started were merged in here? Or the threads that were started to flood the front page AFTER they were told to keep all discussion in here?

You act that way, people get annoyed and act a certain way back. The "bad people on both sides" narrative is amusing".

Case in point: the leader of the PVP Bois and one who started this whole thing posted something absolutely vulgar and racist at a DPG staff member and got banned for it.

Then Maneuvre celebrated it like he went out in a blaze of glory.

Highly suggest reading their Discord from the last couple months.

Real classy.

But ya...it's TOTALLY the PVE folks. Poor PVP'ers just trying to post and getting attacked!!!
  12. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

"Bad people on both sides"
  13. mark Augur

db releases 2 tlp servers on average for the last few years,so the trueboxers want their pve tlp server,and the boxers their pve boxing server, its not that we hate the people that want a pvp tlp,we all know that there are better pvp games then eq out there like planetside2 and a lot other games,we all love eq ,tlp are a revenue stream for daybreak and we know a pvp tlp would be a flop and frankly i want to enjoy everquest for a very long time,how many of you hard core pvp that arent playing eq right now would sub?.
  14. mark Augur

love the image of the king and his knight with the zek servers pity his leading them to the slaughter,just fvserver has more players then all the red eq servers combined.
  15. Maneuvre Augur

I wouldn't say I celebrated it. It was definitely political suicide on his part lol. I was just merely commentating the events using his words "going out on [his] shield."

Fair enough :oops:

Stay classy.
  16. mark Augur

planetside2 just got carriers now thats good dam pvp.
  17. Maneuvre Augur

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The same 5 people posting the same thing over and over doesn't mean it's "dominating" anything. Personally I'm surprised Dreamweaver hasn't closed it by now for vastly outliving it's usefulness. Though I suppose if he did they'd all just cry "censorship" and make a new one so I guess it doesn't matter either way.

PvP TLP isn't going to happen. It just isn't. They can whine and cry and piss and moan and stamp their feet and lie and all the other things they're doing, but at the end of the day the population just isn't there, and everyone knows it, especially DPG, and they aren't going to invest the resources into something that they KNOW is going to be a failure. (Insert garbage about Miragul failing that doesn't actually apply to this conversation here).
  19. Maneuvre Augur

Use the ignore button. That's how I'm about to censor your uselessness to this thread.

You must have that DPG insider knowledge. Otherwise why else would you speak on their behalf?

Meanwhile,
    [IMG]

All jokes aside, I hope many of you continue to stay healthy and safe. DPG thank you for your hard work and continued dedication to EQ especially now. I know you guys get a lot of grief, but many of us appreciate you. Take your time, do what you need to do to stay safe. I don't care what anyone else says about you. :)
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I don't like to ignore people, I prefer to see what they say, even if it's garbage.

It's not insider knowledge, it's common sense, which of course, seems to not be so common these days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.