EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maneuvre Augur

I played on Tallon Zek during Kunark back in 2001, and then other PvP games like DAoC, ShadowBane, Warhammer Online, etc. End of the day nothing compares to the fun I had on Tallon Zek PvP server. Played all the TLPs since Agnaar but the raiding for pixels just gets old... why am I raiding to get this upgrade again? It's mind-numbing.

But on PvP servers you raid so that you get better equipment to stay alive. To fight off the PKers and griefers and help out the noobs. Back on TZ it was team based so if one of ours was getting harassed we would send out a search party, hunt them down, scare them off until they got more people. Sometimes it would be chaos and sometimes people would leave and go xp.

TLPs currently have the issue of this treadmill yellow brick road for experience. Crushbone, Unrest, Lower Guk, etc. EVERYBODY goes to those zones, and you just got these people waiting in line "Lvl 35 random class LFG PST" and 4 hours later they log out getting nothing out of it lol. On the PvP server, best believe people will go to the less explored zones to xp, get stronger, and/or avoid conflict for the time being. You also have a better chance of stopping them from waking the sleeper which then opens up the opportunity to slay it later like Rallos Zek server did way back when. It opens up a lot more doors than the krono farmers would have you believe. Speaking of that, a handful of actual players will beat a handful of boxes any day. change my mind.
  2. Ehrz Journeyman

pvp doesnt work with bots and boxers no matter how much you want it to so the game needs to change a lot to even make the average player consider something like pvp
  3. Cezz Journeyman

Woah, clutch tough talk.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Boxes are trash in early era EQ PvP. In classic they get owned hard by one enchanter color stunning them. In SoV-GoD it's too hard for them to be geared well and end up being worthless because of it.
  5. birisu Elder

The astroturfing effort on behalf of a few people who want a pvp server is pretty impressive honestly. But I think when you email these gaming "journalists" you should just attach a pre-written article because it's clear none of these guys know anything about Everquest
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Dulu Augur

Enjoy!

7. Dulu Augur

Again, showing you and code-zero know absolutely nothing about anything, Bree Royce is very well respected in the gaming community.

She's a veteran of Everquest, Ultima, SWG, and many, MANY other MMORPGS.

Other than the stuff she writes for Massivelyop, you can read her blog about classic MMORPG's here:

http://skycandy.org/2013/05/ignots-4-sell/
  8. code-zero Augur

Why are you bringing me in to this? I've never said anything about this person or questioned their credentials.

Having seen some of the things that you have said I suspect that you lot don't know anything about EQ anymore either. I'm doubting that a drunken ogre run is going to impress anyone especially since they've told you that you need to actually play there. I doubt that 400 characters will budge Zek off of low population anyway (if you can actually get 400 characters logged on)
  9. Dulu Augur

You liked his ignorant, incorrect post.

You're like a time traveling super-hater.

[IMG]
    Brawl and PVPme like this.
  10. birisu Elder

The article in the OP is attributed to a Jason Winter and mentions "quest-givers" like this is WoW. So that person obviously has no clue. Keep a tighter reign on your pvp agitprop
  11. Dulu Augur

Have you actually played Live EQ?

Have you been to Crescents Reach? Every NPC in the zone has "Questgiver level 1-X" above their head.
  12. FL!P Augur

MMMMMmmm classic everquest pvp. Still remember making an SK with a group of RL friends, all SK. And basically just logging in, pick someone everyone harm touch. Loot the bastard then wait for cooldown while playing some tower defense on warcraft 3. Or the full enchanter group and charm spam for hours so the other play had to /q.

Classic eq pvp had the most insane amount of ways to troll ppl to insanity.
    Fraggly likes this.
  13. birisu Elder

Have you? Nobody cares about those NPCs, especially on a dead server like zek. The most you could do is maybe get into PoK and block the Franklin Teek but even then nobody would care on a dead server. Even then you could just /target and hail. It's clear from the spamming in game ( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ughhhh-scammer.263313/ ) and the totally 100% organic, not at all astroturfed articles by journos who obviously don't play or understand EQ that this entire "movement" is just a few people spamming
  14. birisu Elder

And it looks like a forum mod finally got tired of all the spam and merged the threads.
  15. Gemstoner Elder

Yep, there's just no way to know why the EQ PVP server is dead.
    Fraggly likes this.
  16. Dulu Augur

17. code-zero Augur

There there little girl. I support a PvP TLP but you lot are apparently fail at basic reading comprehension

Hope is not a plan and that is all your misguided drunk ogre run amounts to
  18. dreamweaver Community Manager

Don't know why this post went missing, but I am merging the existing larger threads so all the info is in the same place. New threads will likely be locked and pointed to this one so it's not the same convo happening in lots of little threads that get lost or confused which each other. Which is running the risk of happening.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Dulu Augur

Thank you.

Would it be possible to move the Article from Massivelyop.com to the 2nd post, and the interview with Rogean to the 3rd?

Kinda big topics, I think they should be at the top.

I appreciate the work you do, Dreamweaver.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

I might be able to but it's going to take some time and editing unfortunately the merge function isn't the most intuitive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.