EOTD will be the end of this game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Fohpo Augur

This guy knows what's up, I powered through EoK and RoS progression to get a toon into a higher end guild.
  2. p2aa Augur

Gear doesn't make much difference nowadays. Using actively your mitigation discs as a tank will.
    There are group gear tank that survive better in raids than raid gear tanks.
    I suspect your group gear tank was standing at mobs auto attack on, and your raid gear tank was using discs.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You forgot the one that asks for help at 2:00. Asks again at 2:02. Screams "SCREW THIS, NO ONE EVER HELPS ANYONE AROUND HERE!" at 2:03 and /q's. Times vary, but it's always a pretty short time frame.
    strongbus, Brohg, Sindaiann and 4 others like this.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's kind of late for EOTD to be the end of the game. I mean we're already months into RoS, and it hasn't really hurt anything. In fact we already had this freak-out session last year, and it went 21 pages.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...required-on-release-then-requiring-it.245155/

I'm still not done with EOTD myself, started working on it about a month before RoS released. I've already started on RoS progression without being impacted by a lack of EOTD. It just seems like this isn't really even an issue. And it will be even less of one with each new expansion release.
  5. Fohpo Augur

EotD doesn't prevent you from completing RoS progression, it's really only necessary for one or two raid events, and groupers can get by without it (outside of maybe one mission?, really only requires healer/tank have it and that DPS use defensives if you have the DPS to burn).
  6. feeltheburn Augur

7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually no. I run a casual guild and I have a number of very good players who simply do not want to raid. So no... like everything else it is not black or white. There is a skill gradient and players fall all along that gradient. Grouper or raider. Some raiders are simply people who do what they are told really well. Some are very good players. Same occurs on the group side.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or not actually. From the group side you see the big difference the armor discs make. Change that to raid armor and then ADD in the discs. Totally different experience.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Threadjacking!

Look at that awesome cheese. That big hunk of brie! And whatever those other cheeses are, one might be swiss. So yummy. And of course the wine labels are facing away, so we don't know. The white is probably Chardonnay, which is ok, or worse, Pinot Grigio, blech! The red could be Cabernet Sauvingon, or Pinot Noir. Doesn't look purple enough for Merlot though. Would be best if it was a Moscato and a Pinot Noir, because hey are excellent. But basically anything that isn't Lambrusco or Pinot Grigio is good with me. Oh sure, yes, the white could be Reisling, forgot about Europe for a second.
    Shaynxiety, Yinla, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL and you can't claim that having raid gear doesn't make things a lot easier. It's foolish. Everything else being the same raid gear makes a big difference.

Yes a really crappy raid tank will lose out to a really good group tank. What is the point? A so so raid tank will out tank a so so group tank. An average raid tank will out tank an average group tank.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The old J5 Merc quest line didn't kill the game.

I expect the Devs to roll out an alternative quest to gain EOTD in the future (next expac).
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Just missing a Styx cover band and a Nacho Cheese fountain.

#SoClassy #ShakeAndBake #MagicMan #ElDiablo
    Shaynxiety likes this.
  13. segap Augur

Then why have I been able to do all group content in RoS except the VP two group mission boxing a group geared tank and using only a healer merc as a healer? Does raid gear make some difference? Yes it does. Is it required for group content? No it's not.

I suspect if you dig further, you'll find some of your struggling casual players are behind on AA. Others just aren't using the tools they have proficiently.
  14. Vaeeldar Augur

Well this is patently false. My sk is now running 6700ac fully buffed - no raid gear but full chase loot. Before the full chase loot he was closer to 5600-5700ac buffed. Let me tell you it's 10x easier. I still got thru the game but now I pull multiples and don't even think about it. Gear makes a massive difference.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. eqgamer Augur

16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Lulz... here we go again! All aboard the crazy train, the raid vs. group gear thread starts again!
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Does it make group content much easier? Yes it does. Do people in raid gear complaining about group content being to easy make sense? No it doesn't.

And I am pretty sure I never said required I said easier. So not sure what point you are trying to make other then that with raid gear it is all easier like I was already saying.

And I think when you dig further you will see that those who use their abilties as well as those in raid gear have a harder time of things. The group content should be set to those in group gear not raid gear.

And raid gear doesn't just make SOME difference especially on a tank. I went from group gear to almost all raid gear in one expansion and it wasn't even all current raid gear and I can tell you it made a massive difference in how easy things were to tank. Not sure why this is hard to understand.

And my original point is I get tired of those in raid gear cry about easy buttons when group players just want group content to be a reasonable challenge to group geared folk not raid geared folk.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

Let's see...

1. EOTD is too hard and no one wants to help except almost every representative raid guild here has said it's a non issue for current members or upcoming applicants.

2. ROS is completely doable in group gear but ya know... raid gear from the past 2 - 3 expansions made it A LOT easier... um, duh? It's already been said raid gear makes tanking, etc. easier in the group game. Why is that even being touted as an argument aside from getting a rise from the group v raid crowd?

3. EQ is the debil because whoever is in a sucktastic, unhelpful guild loses but if they joined one of the bazillion other guilds that are helpful it would have prevented this post in the first place.

4. And finally... ROS is half over and if you still don't have EOTD done for the purposes of raiding by now you likely don't have to worry as the next xpac will be available by the time you're ready. However, you will then wait a year (of not doing the progression) and make a post like this (again).

Did I miss anything?
    Yinla and Cloudia like this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Obtaining EOTD at level 110, with ROS spells and gear and AA, is a reasonable challenge for group geared players. Those that cannot accomplish this lack the skills and abilities to be effective in the game IMHO...
    Genoane likes this.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

For me the disappointing thing about this kind of development is it discourages people from even trying out the new content. There are a billion reasons why someone might not have EOTD and regardless of the reason forcing people to go back to a previous expansion in order to play certain content in the newest expansion is not something I would like to see from a development standpoint going forward. I have never been a big fan of forced progression in order to experience things outside of a linear quest line that should be done in order due to lore. Not having EOTD isn't going to make me quit EQ as I doubt its going to make most people quit but it will probably keep them from experiencing much of ROS which I could be wrong but from a development standpoint the idea is to get the max number of people into current content and out of old content. Just look all the effort they put into destroying that unnamed gnome in dead hills to get people out of COTF. If they put that same effort into making a quest in ROS to get EOTD they might actually achieve what they are claiming they want to do by getting some people out of EOK and into ROS.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.