EoK mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Reynen Journeyman

No, they quit because they don't want to put the very minimal effort to play this game which is obviously not for them. You remove this little difficulty (if you can even call it like that) and the very next one they'll bump into, they'll retire. That's the trend now it seems, instead of overcoming challenges, people just quit or demand we remove the challenge, ruining it for everyone else, very selfish.
    MrMajestykx and Diptera like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, Nandary has a point. The attitude of a LOT of the regulars in game is why I gave up on finding groups years ago. Boxing is easier.

Very few want to have some patience with a newly returned player. Everything is "how fast can we get through this", or criticism for doing things wrong, even when you mention you're a bit rusty. Many people have a low tolerance for putting up with attitude like that.

And unfortunately, many of us are middle-aged (or older), and don't personally know anyone in real life who plays. So the pool of people to group with is non-existent.

I'm sure you'll have snide comments in reply to this. I don't care, and won't even bother reading them, so snipe away.

Tat

PS - My reply has nothing to do with EoK or it's tuning. I've had a busy month, and haven't logged in since EoK dropped.
  3. dwish Augur

Sure, go ahead and make the expansion easier like you want. But then they are gonna have to downgrade the quality of group gear as well to match the new difficulty, which I betting you would be against. You and others like you want the TBM raid quality group gear (which EoK group gear basically is) yet you want it to drop from content you can duo or molo. I'm sorry but that's not how it works. If anything EoK group gear is ALREADY to good compared to the difficulty of the mobs in the group game that are dropping it.
  4. Lubianx Augur

I have 3 pieces of raid gear that are 4 expansions old. The rest is group gear from TBM and now EoK. I am having no problems with the quests or the nameds. There is no way that this expansion is tuned to high end raid guilds
    EnchFWO likes this.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

I suspect that you do need a good chunk of aa to be successful though, which does make sense.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'll throw out an easy case for a group mission tuned in a way you can only win with a tank in full raid gear - Lceanium Hero. 4 and 6 adds that cannot be rooted, snared or mezzed. Good luck on that without one of the best tanks in an endgame raid guild and maybe 2 healers.
  7. Rakknar Elder

If that's true, how did I tank it on opening day in full TBM group gear using mercs and getting all 3 achievements?

I too get tired of hearing the raid gear excuse. Gear won't make someone automagically better.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

The most only pretend what they do but don't really help in saying how. I beat that too. In EoK raid gear. Boxed with 3 Mercs, Enc, War, Dru. Bad combination but worked after several wipes.

What was your outlet and strat to beat it with all Achievements in TBM Group Gear?
  9. Reynen Journeyman

There's a huge difference between new players or people being a bit rusty and those that demand everything to be handed down to them and if it's not their way, it has to be changed. Two completely different things, if you're willing to put the efforts but need help or if you don't care and want everything right now immediately.
  10. MrMajestykx Augur

CALL it like I see it. As I stated, plenty of groupers are doing fine, I didnt exclude non raiders, sorry but like anything else if it was easy everyone would be doing it. /shrug
  11. Sindaiann Augur

Incorrect. You do not need a tank in FULL raid gear as you said. Case in point, look at my SK. While yes he does have some raid gear, more importantly he is fairly well aug'd and I play him pretty well. Skill and knowing what to use when as a tank is far more important than just throwing a fully raid geared meat shield at it and expecting success.

Gear does not equal skill. Period
    MrMajestykx and gotwar like this.
  12. NeverPayForLag Augur

oops... that is very thin ice... SKs compared to other tanks...and mortal coil needs no skill, it is passive (ok.. some other clicks and the right weapon needed, but no real biggy) ;)

I remember one pretending tanking 30 trash in EoK while standard Warrior will have trouble with 4-5 if not killed in short time...

My SK has never the troubles my Warrior has...

thin ice...thin ice...
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  13. gotwar Gotcharms

There seems to be two distinct sides to this thread.

1) Casual players who are struggling with the content in EOK
    2) Raiders who are not

There is a third category not represented above:

3) Everyone in between. The people who aren't posting because they are finding the content challenging, but doable.

EOK is meant to be more difficult than TBM. If you're short on AA's or gear, you're going to have to get the most out of your class in order to progress. Tanks in particular need to know their way around their abilities (this is not new) in order to make it in EOK. Make pals with some good DPS classes who appreciate your ability to take a hit while they do it from behind and EOK will quickly become easy for you.

In regards to the Lceanium group mission being some kind of indication that EOK requires raid gear... there are multiple classes than can molo this mission. In group gear. Rethink your strats for the NPC's and encounters found in EOK, don't rush in thinking you can steamroll your way to victory using auto attack, and bring your friends.

You'll do fine.
  14. Vados New Member

Its not hard if you pull the mobs off of the npc's and kill them one by one. Yeah you might not get the achievements, but thats why they are achievements and bonus's to missions.
  15. NeverPayForLag Augur

some answers for strats but not from the "easy ones".. thought so.. much hot air...

like gotwar said is more than true.

As example on this one which worked so far (other strats welcome):
    - Buff and heal the ones you protect (single buffs work, promised works, etc.., the have insane HP, think about DI - i didnt tested that so far, Haste works too etc... use them as your "toons")
    - take one with tank and don't use aggro AA which aggroes more than one (read your AA descriptions carefully, some make overall aggro instead of concentrating on one single toon) and tank from the outside to not get the hits from the other fellows too much
    - use your mitigate discs step by step carefully (and max out Focus AAs before trying these missions, you need a bit breath on the way)
    - DoT and Nuke from outside, don't go into infight
    - only melee closer if you can go in without getting too close to the other adds to not get aggro
    - DPS fast to prevent too much damage to the ones you should protect

That worked on the first "protector" part. The rest is rinse and repeat with the same strat. If you have problems with the mission then first: Kill T1, make AA and get gear first before trying the missions. If you are good enough, make the T2 to get better gear. Make all kill tasks first if you get into trouble. Then the quest/progression as far as it works. Safe the most difficult things for last.
  16. Roxxanna Augur

You're absolutely right. I had some long time guildies on last night, and they were all like complaining how they couldn't get past a task in TBM, and I was all like "Will you stop whining and just go away, this game just isn't for you, either stop sucking or just quit because I don't want to hear you whine anymore. I'm happy with the game so your stupid opinions don't matter. And what do you mean you can't find groups? What are you...socially inept? Just LEAVE, you're ruining my fun!" Then I stripped them of their guild tag, because I can't be associated with people like them.
    Tatanka and GoneFission like this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I went to boxing as many years ago i got tired of getting to group and 10 mins later one person leaves then chain reaction then your back lfg. this was many years ago. Least when you play with yourself you and leave when you want lol. Of course when they came up with merc's my wiz went from kiting to just moloing and just chain nuking til mob was dead. But am wondering are groupers suppose to kill eok named mobs? i see special abilities of mobs and the amount of damage they do is insane vs group gear players. Was looking up this mob and looks at it special ability http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=51008 how many players can take a 153k hit? just curious if maybe just raiders can tank those or people are just using pets or something. Just ranting.

Andarriel

Ps sadly miss the good old ldon days when you went afk and few mins later you got group no matter what class you played. Nowadays just camp the Bazaar.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually would be nice to hear more details as maybe others could beat it in a similar fashion and see your point.
  19. Yendar Augur

The people on here complaining about EoK's difficulty are the people that have done very little in TDS.. & virtually no TBM content.. you cant go straight from Gribbles to EoK. Do your progession.. you need AAs, Heroic AAs, Gear, and many of the other progression rewards to be up to par.. You SHOULDN'T be able to just go straight to the end of the game solo.
    Warpeace and Diptera like this.
  20. Siddar Augur

Was this coment a joke the SK is well above group geared player?
    Nandary Griefs likes this.