EoK mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Zamiam Augur

im a lvl 105 bst with 9k aa's .. 12k ac and 120k hps (buffed) first impression of EoK ..
    Empires on Krack ..
    Mobs are hitting way too hard .. the 2 times i got hit i went from 100% health to 50% health with just one round .. my pet tanked but barely with healer merc using about 40% mana per mob and myself using about 50% per mob .. they have a insane amount of HPs .. takes myself over a min and half to take 1 mob down.. granted im not max aa's and havent even started any of the EoK aa lines ..

getting to Empires of Kunark is straight forward .. few ways either thru nexus stone go up to top of nexus platform and hail the lady in black robes for a lucy stone (name of entrance zone into EoK Lcernium or something Lucy for short lol) she will give you a stone and then when portal activates you will be taken to EoK .. have invis up cause there are some mobs near the port in that could agro also being a new expansion will prolly have peeps near by killing or training the area..
    another way is if you ordered the CE or PE you get a clicky to EoK also I think there is a guild hall stone for EoK (not sure but would think so )
    I did not head to far in killed about 12 mobs 5 or 6 with healer merc and me and pet attacking and 5 or 6 DPS casster merc and me healing my pet .. seemed to take the same amount of time either way .. caster merc was not on burn that might of helped but didnt want to risk merc pulling agro away from pet .. no way i could keep pet alive and my merc.. No deaths so that was good .

Went over the list of AA's tons of aa's to get and they cost a butt load per rank .. hopefully once i deck out my pet's aa he will be able to tank much better.. and also my own physical enhancement line ..
    the Illusion aa for reg class's to have a permanent illusion now even after zoning is kewl and about time.. and pets are suppose to keep their illusion on as well now .. will see if that works next time im on ..

well that is all i have for the breif hour i was experiencing EoK .. will be heading back to gribbles to rack up those AA's i'll need so i can kill faster and tank a few more hits .. 50k hps in 1 round is just Ludicrious
  2. Quality Lorekeeper

Honestly, I'd say if you can duo the mobs as a beast and a healer merc with only 9kaa they're really not too tough? You're not really supposed to be able to tank as a leather class. My 105 monk (grant it, is max aa with decent gear) can tank more then he should theoretically being a leather class already. I'm waiting to buy it though, I burned through TBM in a few months got bored and haven't played much since
    code-zero and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

I wasnt tanking .. I said i got hit once or twice and in that one hit they took half my hps luckily i didnt have my pet hold on so pet instantly engaged otherwise id prolly of been a dead bst.. i was attacking along side my pet but was not tanking .
  4. Wizdons Augur

so your pet was tanking? we just suppose to molo through EoK?
  5. Minato Augur

im sorry but at 120k BUFFED and 9k aa you are now like 20k aa behind for EoK max aa alone.... you should NOT be tanking it stop trying to get the expansion nerfed the day of launch
  6. Calistoga New Member

Does everything summon like the rest of the game? Is kiting still dead? RIP everquest
  7. EnchFWO Augur

I was charming in Scorched and the Sarnak and Giants didn't summon nor did the few mobs I messed around with in Lcea... soooooo... gonna say that there are definitely spots where you could kite. Whether or not they let it stay that way, well, who knows.
  8. Critts Augur

Your kidding right. You should go to CotF or TDS and get some AAs or get a group.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

A non-tank, tanking. With a healer merc.

Add a real tank, and a real healer and you'll steamroll it.
    Tucoh, Cicelee and Kravn like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

11. YellowBelly Augur

Mobs are overtuned.
  12. Goranothos Augur

Sounds about right, OP. New expansions *should* be tough to molo.
  13. Cicelee Augur

I have failed the OP. During Beta I sent multiple private messages on the forums, and tells in game, to the EQ developers asking them to put a /killreallyhardmob command in the game. This command would allow players severely lacking in gear, AA, and other things to engage an EOK mob and if the player determined within 0.8 seconds the mob was too hard they could just type that command and the mob would immediately be slain. This way everyone was able to experience all the EOK content by themselves with no challenge.

Apparently it fell on deaf ears. Sorry, I tried...
  14. Maedhros High King

I saw a level 101 Ranger trying to tank the Wurm named in Scorched Woods tonite. Was pretty impressive, didnt even manage to get his weapon shield off, died on the first round of the pull.
    Probably shouldnt nerf the expansion just yet though.
    Gundolin likes this.
  15. Gialana Augur

I only killed one mob at the entrance in Droga (a T2 zone), just to test it out. It was a yellow con and seemed to be on par with the difficulty of the crypts in TBM in terms of damage output, maybe a tad more difficult. Healer merc had no problem keeping paladin up. I couldn't really tell how the mob hps compared because my usual group was not online.

So yes the mobs can be rough, and I've only killed a few mob types so far, but they're not vastly more difficult than the upper tiered TBM zones if at all.

My post is meant only as a comparison between expansions.
  16. Roxxanna Augur

Op, here are your DB approved strategies:

1) Play a tank class since healers mercs are too good.
    2) Join a raid guild so people can yank you through progression so fast you won't know what's going on.
    3) Box.

I suggest 3, that way you can avoid trolls.
  17. Vanrau Augur

Fought A Drolvarg Captain in Lceanium. Hits for about 11k, 5 swings per round usually. Max hit 30k. Casts a 105k nuke. It was doable with a group of 105's, although I would recommend 2 healers.
  18. Murphy Elder

The only thing that struck me in beta as a raid geared SK on FV was that group mobs had alot more HPs than mobs in TBM. I dont mind things getting tougher in regards to the group game however. I have heard some postings about some raid level gear being ultrarare drops from group mobs. That could be a good enough reason right there for the mobs to take you more time to kill to get those AAs to comfortably move through those group nameds like you did in TBM.
  19. Cicelee Augur

4) Get some more AA, get some more HP, get some more AC, get some augments, use your disciplines, if you choose to molo then play in content that your character can handle.
    5) Group up with other players, since everyone is starting at square one with EOK. Make some friends.

I recommend 4 or 5, that way you can avoid constant deaths and instead enjoy Everquest.
  20. Ghostdog New Member

Not all players box. I will Never be a boxing player, I do not prefer this.
    I do play a tank class now . I had to switch from a solid healer to continue playing. Healer merc's have put most of us out of business.
    So as a tank not all players have 189 k health pts and 15 k plus ac . We are not raid geared nor even wish to raid..

The mobs are way overtuned for solo play , So far I feel as I have wasted my money . No drops and little exp as it takes way too long to solo here . There also are Not enough groups going on on my realm. My guild does not have groups more than once or twice per week .
    No mercs are not over powered for tanks solo play . That's my opinion.
    A level 105 paladin with merc pet, 12500 plus aa at this point, mostly geared with tbm gear . I could barely even kill the spider mobs a grand disappointment.
    Yes I think the game is best in groups. This is simply not possible these days .
    Dragon Jockey and Nandary Griefs like this.