EoK mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Nov 16, 2016.

1. YellowBelly Augur

How about I come to your server and watch you form a pick up group out of thin air moogs. I will be happy to set a random time and date. I bet any money you won't be able to.
    svann likes this.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

You assume much.

I ask for all the friends I've lost along the way due to DBs chosen direction they wish this thing to go. I've watched dozens upon dozens of people I worked hard to recruit into EQ leave because they didn't like the direction it's headed. There is ZERO reason they can't make zone entry mobs a bit easier, no one said nerf the whole expansion. As for my skill, you're not important enough to worry about your opinion, I do just fine.

Roxxycakes.......I like that.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

I'd take you up on it but I haven't played in over a year. I never had an issue forming a group. All it takes is a proactive attitude rather than sitting back and saying that you are LFG and that someone else should take the 5 seconds to send you a tell.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

CUTE about my opinion, seems the forums are about just that ...opinions. ps read thoroughly...no one questioned your abilities, seems responses are were aimed at the op and the "entry" level you speak of are also going to be based the AA s that we were all blessed with in this expansion, they wont seem so OP then when max, they will be trivial then wont they? to each their own, I say its about time new content wasnt mowed down like it was a gimme, it shouldnt be trivial just because its a "entry" level zone. k thanks for your opinion too!!!
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I run a large casual/family guild. We also do some raiding these days with a couple other guilds but that hasn't really taken off yet... but I have been lucky to do open raids and so my gear is a mix of TBM and CotF raid gear. Tanking Kunark so far isn't a big deal for me but I remember my group gear roots.

I think what everyone is missing is that this expansion is a new beast. No level increase but overall larger then normal group gear increases and more aa's and levels that in some ways make up for the lack of a level increase.

Level 105 Kunark is NOT level 105 TBM and is definitely not level 105 Gribbles. Just because you can molo Gribbles does not mean you can molo Kunkark not should it mean that. Regardless of no level increase in Kunark there was is an increase in player power/ability via gear and aa and Kunark is tuned around this. People making the mistake of equating level 105 Gribbles with level 105 Kunark will be in for a shock. The two are not the same.

If you are group geared and want to molo EQ provides you with Gribbles. If you want to molo Kunark you will need to max out your useful aa, probably get groups for gear and be that the top of your game or get some raid gear to help out. Or get gear from the expansion after Kunark to go back and do kunark. Lets not forget many moloing Gribbles have the advantage of post gribbles gear. Yes people molo'd Gribbles when CotF was newish but those were more likely at the top of their game or and perhaps had some raid gear.
    Goranothos and EnchFWO like this.
  6. Moak The Most High

Dude said 9k aa's- Im thinking that was mostly the autogrant that came with this expansion. If you don't spend the time to have all your aa's as you level up, thats on you, not the rest of us.
  7. Hitty Augur

mh... I lost all my old friends in guilds and outside 10+ years ago because EQ took so much of their life that they simply quit, not because EQ changed. Some reasons where also the stupid time sinks and the primitive boring game play (on some parts which could be fun like Epics) compared to other games which others here describe as hard - but honestly I see it the same way - some game mechanics are simply numb. But I still find my fun in it. So I would say there is more than one truth outside ;)

@rest
    EoK with the modification difference to Beta will be a real challenge. Some of them are really interesting, some of the are a bit too much. Soloing it will be an art, moloing it too. Some sophisticated players moloed the whole expansion in some weeks in EoK Raid Gear (which is clearly far beyond the usual and out of league compared to normal group gear). Even the 2-Group/More-Group-Parts did some in boxing mode.

But if you have no group which can help you getting proper T1/T2-Gear (I even don't think about raid gear) then you will have a very hard time in EoK. It reminds me on the game play 10+ years ago.

But my group did the first named with TBM group gear - 50% wipes - 50% successes and some have now T1 gear which resembles nearly Raid gear of old expansions. But wait to do the missions. For my taste some where even hard with raid gear. To do them now with TBM group gear and with modfied mobs (compared to beta) gives me at moment a bit the creeps but I will see it when I am ready and doing it. If not I need to kill enough named to get proper gear step by step.

Time for Strats again and for some help threads in this forum ;)

Skets Lceanium had a nasty DoT with healing disablers, so to engage them without Cure is death (I would call them a kind of mini named ;)). I didn't tried them so far.
    Drachnids have partly see invis and can be really on the limit. Perhaps they are now a bit harder then I know one mission which will get everybody into trouble pulling a whole bunch of them and only need to kill two.
    One Burynai mission was quite annoying and challenging with mezz/root. If it is true that they are not rootable/mezzable anymore then with the odd pathing this will a p.i.d.a....

Time for feedback how you managed to kill or complete parts ;)
  8. EnchFWO Augur

Cut a bit out for space considerations but I think this entire post hit it on the head.

I honestly thought we'd at least make it a week before a post like the OP's but geez... less than 2 days and we're crying the expansion is overtuned for your moloing in subpar gear, AA, and whatnot? Um, duh?

I'm sorry but the sympathy bus rolled out on this one before launch even happened. Get the gear (even TBM) and AA and you'll be able to get some of the stuff done moloing with minimal to reasonable effort. And I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next patch everything gets tuned up as far as general mob population although I'm only speaking for T1 and it's a 50/50 IMO if it's appropriate. For entry level, it's probably ok where it's at for now.

If you wanted to solo/molo effectively you picked the wrong class. I've seen tons of people soloing (THANK GAWD for no summoning in entry zones) and moloing. Is it fast? No. Effectively? Yes.

Combine in the raid quality random drops, the superb group gear which will be rotting and /ooc in a few weeks, and everything else... think we're about at the right spot.

I'm cautious to say that they may have finally, actually released content (with some bugs of course) that is pretty good compared to previous endeavors.
    MrMajestykx, gotwar and Goranothos like this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree about waiting to do the missions. Some will be bugged and some will get retuned at some point I expect. And I could be wrong but would not surprise me if named in non mission base zones are spawning more often now then they will be in a few weeks to a month from now.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Come to my server. No problem.
    moogs, Ghostdog and MrMajestykx like this.
  11. Ghostdog New Member

Unfortunately a lot of us the Must solo play are on different realms. Therefore there will be few groups.
    Most will not break outside of there guilds to group as there is little trust these days. I don't blame them .
    We have some very bad examples on my realm of which shall not be listed here.
    The content is too hard for an average player NOT in raid gear . This is a fact.
    You may hide it , overlook it, or make excuses for it. That is not going to change it .
    As a cleric I had NO lack for a group I mentioned I was a full raid cleric , in raid gear , keyed properly per the time . One of the best . I had zero problems. Soloing I cant solo on a cleric . The merc pets are very weak for melee replacements . They don't work at all .
    Sure if you can afford the fancy x pac edition for the stat mount with 650 some odd extra ac you may be able to take hits in there , but NOT if your without raid gear . Good luck !
  12. YellowBelly Augur

Was that entire first paragraph necessary? Why do you feel the need to say you run a large family guild in each of your replies? Nobody cares.
  13. YellowBelly Augur

Why should we take advice from someone who doesn't even play the game anymore?
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

This is a hard expansion, and therefore not for everyone. The next expansion will feel softer, there is a tendency to interchange hard/soft expansions.

To do progression quests, you need to be able to handle a room of 4 yellow cons that hit hard. If your class does not allow for this, then you cannot do it without someone that can. This makes the expansion hard, and me happy. The victory taste so much more sweet when it was once beyond your reach...

Also, it makes pullers/CC shine again.
    MrMajestykx and Brilhasti like this.
  15. MrMajestykx Augur

THIS
  16. smash Augur

Except, an expansion should have some area for all the persons.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  17. Brilhasti Elder

Which isn't the same as "An expansion should have some area every class can solo/molo"
    Ghostdog likes this.
  18. smash Augur

Except, dont forget the history of eq, it has always allowed people to be able to solo

Also, if not allowing such tings, will push a number of players away, WHO should otherwise pay their part in future of eq.

Oh, for record, I Group myself!
  19. gotwar Gotcharms

lolwut

[IMG]
    Ghostdog, IblisTheMage and Brilhasti like this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess I could have explained it a bit more but running a large casual guild I have a lot of group geared people I play and talk with. Sort of pertinent to the issue :) Bitter much? I mean seriously you felt the need to reply just do complain about that?

And each of my replies? Pretty sure most of my replies and posts make no mention of it :)

And you always have some reason to complain about my posts. You can put me on ignore and never see them again. Try it. You'll like it.