EoK mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Roxxanna Augur

If You Didn't catch the sarcasm in my post, I'll have to try harder next time.
    Tatanka likes this.
  2. shruggz Elder

to the folks having difficulty take heart, don't be intimidated by the numbers. I box shaman, mage, bard
    shaman in pretty much full tbm bard half tbm half tds 3 mage tds 2-3 with em18, and I am having fun with the new expansion. run with tank merc, healer merc , wiz merc. the mobs hit a little harder than tbm but doesn't seem to be too much harder. ive attempted named in lceanium 6 times and only wiped once
    and the named was at 5 percent. the merc and partisan tasks are easily completely doable and the xp is very very fast the aa earned pile up quickly, yeah once in awhile the tank merc goes from full health to dead instantly but most of the time the tank merc lives through the fights even most of the named ones
    keeping in mind the tank merc is maxed tanking and general aa. I have no doubt that I will stumble into a block on the group tasks but then it will be time to camp some named get better geared and try again
    I should mention shaman 17k plus aa, mage 16k aa, bard 14k, so get out there and have fun with it.
  3. Zamiam Augur

no lol i thought you were serious
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  4. nantalbus Elder

Haven't read this full thread but to the OP. with what you got for stats. your doing it so wrong anyways. I some times molo with my box bst and. Sorry but at your stats, no way you should be doing better then what you are doing now. As a bst unless you have maxed out all dps(both yours and pets) and all tanking related aa(both you and pet) and have the current exp top end group stuff your not going be taking a hit good or killing stuff fast with just you and your pet as the only dps with a merc healer.

you want to kill stuff fast in new exp. get ride of the merc healer and get a caster dps merc. A bst with max out healing aas can heal their pet better then a merc healer anyways. A bst healing their own pet with a caster merc will do more over all dps in a shorter time then a bst with a healer merc dpsing them self beside their pets.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

No, my guild specializes in people that are going to have trouble doing the harder stuff for whatever reasons. Most can't box, some can hardly see, my star pupil was paralyzed and had the use of only one arm. As you can imagine, grouping opportunities are somewhat less than frequent. I used to run them through everything, but as a cleric main, it's becoming less and less possible.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So maybe not something the average group tank can do then. And to be fair I don't think a mission should be tuned to a group tank at that gear/trophy level. Haven't done the mission myself and also not all group geared so I can't speak to the overall difficulty. But I do know group tanks and on average most would not be equipped to your levels. How much a completely non botted group would mitigate that I don't know for sure either.

If Daybreak has tuned the mission with the intention of tanks to be at your level of group gear or requiring players to gear up subtantially in the new expansion before doing that mission then it is tuned properly. If that is not their intention it is probably overtuned for group gear players in general.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Man, I wish you were on Tunare
  8. segap Augur

You mean attack values at the rof group level? Cleave focus that was out of date? Weapons that sucked? Yes, you could greatly unbalance your gear by greatly boosting one stat to near tds raid values, but the others would suck and all the flaws very obvious. One Aug for all slots also made some slots really over powered by comparison to old gear, but the typically better spots like chest, legs and arms were in many cases worse than previous expansion group gear. All an illusion as it averaged out to typical expansion increases.

Thankfully we're back to sanity with eok group gear.
  9. gotwar Gotcharms

You've made this argument before and it has merit, but ignores a few key things:

1) The TBM group gear was stupidly easy to attain and augment.

2) With some clever mixing and matching for each archetype, a (mostly) full set of TBM group gear was vastly better than TDS when heroics are factored in. Some slots (nonvisibles) were even better than TDS raid, depending on desired focus.

3) Overcoming the borked focus effects (namely cleave and ferocity) or the mismatched AC values on plate visibles (chest) was easily overcome by swapping in a Highwater item for that slot.

4) The increase in power going from TDS tier 3 -> TBM Tier X was a much much bigger jump than previous expansions for almost all classes.

A couple things that do stand out as 100% correct:

1 ) TBM gear was horrific. In some ways it was really good, in others it was really bad. The scaling slot 9 idea was a failed experiment for so many reasons, and we're all glad it . I agree with you wholeheartedly that the negatives listed here result in a net "loss" for TBM gear overall.

2) More so than in previous expansions, TBM was not "newbie friendly" in regards to gear. You absolutely had to play spreadsheet quest in order to have an acceptable set of gear that hit points 2, 3, and 4 above.

3) Pumping a specific stat or set of stats did result in coming up short in other areas. This is worse for some classes than others, particularly any melee DPS class. This relates heavily to point 2 above.

My references to TBM gear being "good" for tanks relates specifically to how well your average player could stand up to current content progression and nameds with a bit of study and careful gear selection. Unfortunately, that didn't happen often, but it was still very possible and easier to do than ever before.

I too am glad EOK gear has ditched the slot 9/scaling idea and gone back to more traditional itemization, but with the addition of slot 5's.
    lolans likes this.
  10. Puzzling Journeyman

Here you go princess, i don't post very often: https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3284192 as you can imagine, I probably don't know how to play the class very well.
  11. Zamiam Augur

and your point was ? your bst is in high end Raid gear of course you would have no problems in EoK . that is not the point of this discusion move along..

maybe take one of your 105 alts that is not in raid gear only group gear and see how you fair in EoK .. I dont mind if they make an expansion difficult but when they make the expansion ( trash mobs, entrance zone) right from the start tuned for peeps who raid or semi raid geared toons or toons that need to be max'd aa from TBM there is a slight problem with their logic..

their problem is (which is fine with me if thats the route they are taking) I only purchased 2 EoK expansions this year out of my 6 accounts and only bought the standard with all access was only $62 + change .. I will not be buying them for my other alt accounts (unless they go half off again like they did with TBM) and im 1 boxer.. there are hundreds if not thousands of boxers who have multiple accounts and im sure many of them will also not purchase this expansion or future ones if this is the route DB is heading..

I still play the game but i make myself heard through my wallet. whether they listen or not is no skin off my back.. saves me money and they loose it
  12. Puzzling Journeyman

My point was we both hide behind a pet, which you made the point of this discussion, when you decided to complain on behalf of my class with your pathetic alt.

The EM difference from high end group to raid post nerfs has been trivial at best, and you might know that if you even took the time to know that EM XVIII was a group item, and had been so for the last oh I don't know 3 expansions.... but you didn't, because you & your kind just like to whine until things are made easier for you & because it isn't available on the gribbles vendors.

So I can clearly heal my pet many more times than you, but I admitted I don't tank mobs. I let the pet do that, because I know mobs hit hard & i show up to the party wearing leather.

Forum rules prevent me from blatantly calling you an idiot, which you clearly are.

Chances are, if you were half as good as you seem to think you are, you never would have found yourself on here sharing your "pathetic" feelings looking for sympathizers!
    Kuursed likes this.
  13. Zamiam Augur

seems like someone is feeling alittle hurt .. if you feel like sharing more please do im rofl at how butt hurt you are..

and clearly you have not read my posts or if you did you didnt comprehend what you read .. and i will not respond to anymore of your posts as that is not what this discussion is about ..

have a good life..
  14. Cicelee Augur

Gear != skill. Just because someone is in raid gear does not automatically make them a better player than one without. So linking a magelo full of raid gear, followed by the sarcastic "I obviously don't know how to play my class" comes across rather silly to most.

Having said that, the OP is not understanding the point of EOK. For a lot of main players, they have been near full gear and near AA max for some time now. They seek and crave a challenge for their characters. If EOK was released for players between lvl 90-100 and 10k AA, then a lot of players would revolt and be angry because the challenge simply would not be there. There has been ample time for players to get close to full gear in current expansion (both group or raid) as well as more than enough time for players to get close to max AA in preparation for EOK.

The OP is not ready for EOK. That does not mean EOK is not successful, it means the OP has to do some more work to be ready for it. Once the OP prepares himself for EOK, I think he will find himself enjoying the game more than he is right now...
  15. p2aa Augur

As said by others, there are three hurdles that warn you to be able to tank stuff in new expansion : you play a non tank class (beastlord), you are group geared, and you are short on AA.
    I know that some non tank class can tank group content stuff, but they have raid gear and have higher AA count. Non tank class in group gear are not going to take hits reliably, and if ask me, I find it fair.
    If you were supposed to take hits reliably right at start of the new expansion, then you would not need tanks classes to tank stuff, and this would make the tank archetype becoming useless.
    Kuursed and Brilhasti like this.
  16. Dropfast Augur

Yea p2aa nailed it on the head I'd say. Even as a raid geared monk with max AA stepping into EoK I was getting hit pretty hard. But after getting all the new ranks of CA, CS, Armor of Wisdom, and Physical enhancement it's not bad now. It's meant to be hard until you get all the new stuff. AA's and Gear both. As it should be. Just keep whacking away at AA's and gear/augs and it will get easier.

Named mobs are a lot easier than they use to be. I remember some named in TDS that were quite hard at the time and they all conned Red. Some of the EoK named are only yellow cons now. Not to mention the named abilities have been toned back the past 2 years. I remember not all to long ago named having DD's of like 150k+ (before shielding). Now it's like 80k before shielding. Granted I'm raid geared and nearly max AA again but not a single named in EoK has presented any challenge what so ever. So I would say it's about right where it should be.

I'm hoping they do another Plane of War style zone this year would be cool. Plane of War was the first real challenges in a long time. Even a year or 2 after it came out their was still people having trouble with it. Be happy EoK is not like that at least ;)
    Sindaiann likes this.
  17. MrMajestykx Augur

THIS is what everyone should have thought of before complaining it was too hard, THAT was the idea on encounters, to get those AA and everything would level out some. People were way to quick to jump on the difficulty level.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Other members already commented they did it with full TBM group gear. My comment was in response to someone who said you NEED a tank with FULL RAID GEAR.

So no, my comment was not a joke. It was a very literal response.

Go back and read the thread.
  19. Sindaiann Augur

Too many people just take to the forums to complain instead of trying different tactics, group makeups, or god forbid asking someone on their server or in their guild first.

Imagine that.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  20. MrMajestykx Augur

novel idea huh? lol right away it was time to call in the waaambulance.