Encounter locking - coming to live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

For sure its not instantly.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I'd be annoyed if this came to live because I live for parachuting in to a group obviously wiping and destroying everything, leaving all the items on the corpse ajd rezzing / buffing the deceased.

Marton and minimind like this.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

They had me in the 1st half, thought we getting PvP, thought some PvP idea would come. EQ2 is getting PvP so why not EQ1.
    There's no interest, no showup at some server in EQ2 for them to get a PvP TLE.

They don't give Vaniki rewards on Live servers, doubt the bonuses. Who cares too.

They'll start making rare spawns even rarer expecting everyone to have the 400% increased chance.
    Just like mobs and slow, 120 your expect to be slowing mobs, otherwise they going to destroy you.
    You want to be expected to have 400% increased chance just for normal rare spawns to be normal?

Probably trying to achieve every TLP issue with Ancient Cyclopes and other rares that drop krono worthy items from being stolen kill.
    Mass PLing is a thing on TLP too, many people be getting PL'ed at sametime in sol b. half the zone mobs are at ZL stunlocked and their hp going down slowly. Or the deep.
    1 to 60 in 3 hours guaranteed or money back.
    Cadira likes this.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Referring to this:

Not sure about the rest you are going on about.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Basically saying
    You get those benefits, say 100% extra xp.

They going to make content moving forward expecting you to have 100% extra xp, and the rate is going to be however long it normally takes when your 100% xp, but if you DO NOT have the benefits, its going to be very slow.

Just like how,
    Slow debuff on mobs, was there to make it easy. They perfectly doable without slow.
    Fast forward to 120.
    Mobs are EXPECTED to be slowed. Now its normal. No SLOW. Mobs are insane.

No slow fast forward to today, INSANE hitting mobs.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tanking-difficulty-no-slow-mitigation.289111/
    XP bonus Fast foward a couple years
    XP will be INSANE without the 100% xp bonus

Sounds good to have the bonus, just wait a couple years.
    Sure all the current players having it ok.
    Returner or new player comes, they don't have the 100% xp bonus, XP is even harder to get now?
    You think they will have fun?

Take peoples talk with a grain of salt,
    they said we would have ship to ship combat.
    weather be innovative in this game.
    this or that would never happen.

Look at the track record instead.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Slow has been required the very early days of the game and many groups required a slower before they did anything.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Easy with a second timeout to warp directly to spawn. Would also fix most of the mob stuck under world problems as well.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

She said they MAY add some of it to live servers and she did not say what parts.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe its not about preventing kill stealing.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Qimble Augur

Actual bot groups are pretty easy to spot if you know what you're looking for. Casual groups don't act anything like bots, and they typically aren't farming one camp for 3+ days straight around the clock.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  11. code-zero Augur

Let me clarify, some people roll up to a camp, see a group there and say, "Ack! Filthy Botters are Botting! I'll take care of those dastardly scoundrels and do the world of Norrath a favor!" Then they train the group and take the camp. Because they can.
  12. atchoom Lorekeeper

well if that come to live it will save me some $ , i got 7 subbed accounts , no way i will keep the 7th running if it can't help out of the group.
  13. Qimble Augur

And that's , but lets not pretend it's hard to tell the difference. Maybe some folks claim "they were botting" as an excuse for them being a , but it's a pretty different thing than what I'm talking about.

Also the fact that those bot groups exist makes the idea of someone catching a suspension for training one pretty funny. If a GM was actively watching to catch you training them, then the train wouldn't be needed because they'd be banned.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would like to know the rationale behind FTE / Encounter Locking because from where I am sat it looks like the team has taken a start at Z then (maybe) work backwards to A approach

The system proposed renders typical PL'ing methods dead, if that was the intended goal & they want to put that in place before having a good catch-up mechanic (side-kicking for example) then all they do is successfully pull the rug out from under the feet of any current low-level player & any future ones, the only route to catch up to live then will be to go to a TLP and hope & pray it makes it all the way to live.

Sure you can "Molo" to 65/70 at a push, unless your class can solo well, but there's then a big gap to bridge to get into XP range of the current expansion level players. And there have been zero signs the dev team are remotely interested in side-kicking or a solo-path through EQ - so TLP, Box, or Heroic & beg for handout XP carries are your 3 catch up methods which to me seems like a rather limiting approach to reaching live levels and since not everyone is going to be cut out for playing at TLP pace or boxing that leaves a potential new player in a bit of a tight spot.

Of course if EQ devs don't want new players this Anti-PL strategy works really well.

Legacy character concept appears to be taking a page out of SWTOR's book, but as with several EQ ideas of the past they borrow things from games that have a solo-capability for every class then don't translate them properly for a grouper-centric game.
    SWTOR's Legacy system is worth taking a look at though, it is actually really good.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't need to be caught by a GM in the act of training to be punished for it. Players can provide evidence such as a screen recording to show what happened after the fact and the people using the tools tend to do that which is why people training them get punished.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

17. Qimble Augur

Maybe that's the case on TLPs, on live I have never even heard of something like that happening. The thought of someone sharding a screen recording while running third party software to automate their character is pretty damn funny tho.
  18. Zapsos Augur

I think it's more likely they were talking about the alt bonus (I hope so at least)
  19. Strawberry Augur

I don't get this argument "It will prevent me from helping others".

This will not prevent you from buffing / healing someone locked into an encounter. Even a warrior should be able to /shield without damaging the mob. Or am I understanding it wrong.

It will however prevent you from killing the mob, but that's rarely how someone likes to be helped since you steal their kill at that point.
  20. Vilamaru New Member

Could not have said it better.