Dont like 2022 TLPs? What do you want in 2023?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KRYGZ, Apr 28, 2022.

1. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

What do you guys want in 2023 since this year was kind of dull?
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Kind of dull, also the most unique ruleset lol
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Phinny clone.
    Hirbow likes this.
  4. Zansobar Augur

One that almost no one was calling for...
    Xanathol likes this.
  5. Truetotheblue Augur

I want to see something they haven't done before. A Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing TLP, starting with the 1987 version and phased unlocks to the current version. They are up to 20 expacs! So much content.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

Level locked and "more challenging" TLPs have been asked for quite often. This is just multiple ideas combined.
    whattheheckisgoingon, Appren and Skuz like this.
  7. Trevalon Augur

Luclin Start
    Live EXP rate
    2 Month unlocks for ALL expansions
    Free Trade Loot (But not randomized)
    Extra Loot (ala Mischief)
    Start with Beserker
    Traditional 1 week lockouts

That's a server I'd play.
    ObservingOak and Yinla like this.
  8. wade_watts Augur

Level locked would have been cool if they would have added Mischief ruleset given the schedule - as it sits, I'm not aware of anyone personally actually planning to play on it. Would have been a good path to expose people to later xpacs in semi-short order.
  9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

A set-it-and-forget-it PVP team play TLP server with longer expansions. It should feel very casual, which could have a non-pvp day at the end of every month. You log in for an hour or two for some fun and return to your main server or another game. No one cares about the population, feuds, eras, etc because it is more like a QUICK PLAY idea.
  10. Hdizzle Augur

There isn't anything terrible about this year's rulesets.

Maybe next year they can consider a TLP for peeps who are used to playing live and boxing a few toons as a regular part of their gameplay.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. waytoomuchcoffee New Member

A server with the original Freeport.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Said it many times; that main problem with TLP is that eventually it progresses past what each player wants as their ideal stopping point.

The majority almost always votes to move on because either they aren't where they want to be yet, or the player left and didn't vote at all because the server is past where they want to stop.

I would make a set of progression servers, one for each major tier of progression; player names, etc. are set to be unique in the whole set.

Each player starts on the Base EQ, server, once you've met particular achievements (being in on the killing a god or dragon (or all of them) for example) you can transfer to Kunark; beat VS/Trak/or such or get Epic, you can choose to transfer to Velious; beat Dain/Yeli/AoW; transfer to Luclin...

You can stop your ride wherever you want, you can progress as a guild together at the pace you choose; you don't have to worry about higher levels monopolizing your targeted content but you also can't get powerleveled/buffed by out of era characters.

I think it would work as a perpetual progression stream without needing resets or worrying about launch cycles etc.

Beastlords, Berzerkers, Vah'Shir, Frogloks, etc. would have to be worked out somehow. Maybe they are unlocked by advancing a different character to that expansion; then you can create alts?
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"Ladder Servers" - terrible idea, just as terrible as the last 10 times you suggested it.

expensive, impractical, ignores every known reality about what makes TLP successful.

This is the idea Darkpaw would use if they wanted to lose money on TLP's

[IMG]

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rvers-concept-is-terrible-here-is-why.282578/
  14. jeskola pheerie

Bot server. The only playing allowed is character creation - after that, they are on their own. Put your scripting skills to the test!!!!1
  15. slizzard New Member

3 month unlocks. Free trade (normal loot).
    Typhus likes this.
  16. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I used to watch Civ 6 bot wars and CS:GO bot matches, and they were actually entertaining in small doses.
  17. Goozmania New Member

First and foremost, I'd like either a Kunark or Luclin start and a much longer time before the first unlock. Like maybe 6-9 months if Kunark and 12 months if Luclin. I have no interest in continuing to start without

Second, for me to really take a server seriously, Krono need to be disabled, entirely, for that server.

Also, unrelated to the above rules, I would be interested in a free loot server with Apprentice-level mercenaries available from the get-go.
  18. Juantothre New Member

I plan to play on Vaniki with my sons. I would like to see Vaniki + Mischief + Vallon Zek. Something including a RvR style PvP component would be great.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  19. Ragnoruk Augur

9 months of Classic-Kunark!? Interesting that you'd want 3-4.5 months per expansion if starting in Kunark but only 3 months per expansion if starting in Luclin. Just curious.. why is that?

You're beating a dead horse here. Krono isn't going away. Ever.

Personally, I think the longest I could handle of any expansion is 3 months at max. I think a TLP starting in Kunark for 4-6 Months or Velious for 6-9 Months would be amazing. I would also really like for DPG to consider relaxing Truebox from the start with +1 additional character per computer, otherwise I could agree with your apprentice-level mercenary idea.. but to be honest I hate Mercenaries and would much rather a boxed character.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Never been tried, so can't know.