Dont like 2022 TLPs? What do you want in 2023?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KRYGZ, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Ponter Elder

Seconded. New Freeport is hot garbage.
    Brontus and Xanathol like this.
  2. Xanathol Augur

Hmmm that post looks more accurate once updated...
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Luclin start
    Fast ish exp
    Relaxed Truebox
    Relaxed No Drop (after OOW it becomes tradeable)
    Mercenarys added at OOW
    AoCs for ALL raid events outside of instances
    6 1/2 day lockouts for all raid instances
    2 1/2 hour lockouts for all mission instances (except LDON they stay the same)
    Guide events
    Manafasto likes this.
  4. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

5. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Luclin start with 9 months till PoP
    Fast XP like 75% more than normal
    Free Trade/Random loot
    Extra loot drops from raids only.
  6. Hirbow Augur

TLP 2023.

-Aradune/Phinny based server
    -Subscription only based server
    -Specific Krono only server. Usable only for that server. (Give us a true new server in which everyone starts at 0 economy from day one)
    -1 toon only per account / 1 box per account
    -Active GM support
    -RolePlay/Free trade (NOT RANDOM LOOT...)
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There are 2 types of people, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

yeah, data is incomplete. so you're just guessing. Thread is about doing something different.
  9. Haak Augur

I'd love to see this secret project they are working on with Amazon revealed. I would like that reveal to be EverQuest 1.5 - the game exactly as it was at launch in '99, with a modern engine and some expected QoL inclusions (like maps). TLPs would be irrelevant if they could offer the game in it's glory days with the freshest paint job available.

If that's not going to happen, then a Classic start with every legacy item included. No random loot, no free trade, no gimmicks. Just the normal experience, with the goodies we haven't had access to in ages.
  10. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

no maps
  11. Manafasto Augur

Maps were implemented like 20 years ago. I am tired of this hill they fight on to prevent all class and race combos.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Partial PvP server. No one is discord (you can go discord if you want), it is unique ruleset instead.

Like a Runescape vibe PvP server.
    The wilderness is the current/latest expansion.
    Wilderness is someplace where people can PvP you and loot people that died from PvP as well.

For looting people I'd say anything thats tradeable is lootable. So if you kill someone with stat food, potions, plat, tradeskill stuff, collectibles, tradeable quest items. It's all lootable to others when you die in the wilderness.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That was never going to happen because that source was incredibly misleading - what was taking place was "a few former EQ devs" were involved with Amazon, it could have been New World but I doubt it.

John Smedley is still working on an as-yet unannounced Amazon MMO with some other former EQ alumni, but that is a long way away from a Darkpaw/Amazon collaboration that was erroneously trotted out by some bad low-quality games journalism.
  14. Captain Video Augur

Nobody is fighting anything. Enabling the newer races and classes in Classic involves a major reprogramming effort. The dev team is very small and has much higher priorities for their limited time than this. The Vaniki server solution of starting at GoD is the low programming effort approach, and that's what we're getting.

20 years ago, the dev team was 10x the size it is now.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nah, doesn't need a massive programming effort.

The whole issue around classes/races/combinations being available prior to their original expansion is to do with a design choice/ideology that those things are "content" of their expansions.

Most players I speak with think of classes as being part of the core game rather than expansions.

If the devs wanted to change course & release the whole lot with classic they could somewhat easily, but they do not want to.
  16. Manafasto Augur

I am with Skuz on this one, it can be done.
  17. Captain Video Augur

This is a myth that keeps getting repeated, because a lot of players think that if they say it's simple, then it must be simple, without paying any attention to what devs have actually said in the past about how the codebase works.

The query-driven databases we have in the modern game for character stats, itemization and inventory didn't exist in the Classic era. Everything was hard-coded. The determination for such simple things as quest eligibility is done by a true/false test for race/class by each quest-giving NPC in the game, In old world content, there are literally thousands of these, none of which have ever been updated to use the quest journal (a database), much less to reflect the addition of new race/class combos.

My favorite example, because it's so stupid, and I just recently responded to a question about this one in another thread somewhere: Drakkhin go in at TSS, they are an integral part of the expansion theme. On any server, when you ding level 10 in any zone, you will get a popup telling you there are quest-givers in PoK for newbie armor and weapons. (These aren't really relevant on Live servers because Defiant, but they are still interesting, and some people still do them for fun when levelling an alt.) But Drakkin can't get ANY of these quests from any of the three quest-givers, because their hard-coded race/class checks have never been updated to include the new race. And this is TSS!! A 15-year-old bug. Now multiply that by 1000, and you'll begin to see what will go wrong if the B's are turned loose in Classic and start complaining madly that none of the in-era content is working right for them.

Solve the problem of why no content before GoD can use the quest journal, and by association you will have done 90% of the work needed to make the B's work in Classic. (I estimate the other 10% is art.) Yes it can be done, but it is a LOT of coding time, and as I said before, there are other priorities.
  18. Herf Augur

I want them to unlock Agnarr to Gates of Discord.
  19. Vlahkmaak Augur

I'd be pretty happy if they relaunched EQ1 in CryEngine with EQ2 Tradeskills, or maybe Mortal Online 2 TS, and alligator warders for Troll BSTs from the start (along with all other races/classes at launch) and Vanguard armor/TS type tabs. I'll take the hill giant and blood mage from Vanguard too :)
    Manafasto likes this.
  20. Manafasto Augur

Unreal 5 engine with SWG tradeskills would be a gg.
    Skuz likes this.