Do people really want 5 more months of Kunark?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DryalRmog, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Darth Augur

It was only stated to be 3 months behind. Your server voted to not speed up the unlocks. So if Lockjaw votes to speed it up, then it's on you, not anyone else.
  2. Seraphim Augur

Ragefire -----> Ghostfire
  3. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Seraphim ---->Dramaphim
  4. Seraphim Augur

5. Gotcha Lorekeeper

273 people in general and 82 in auction on Ragefire. That is the lowest I have ever seen at any time of day. Wake up people, the server is dying. We need 3 month expac releases.
    Protocol and Seraphim like this.
  6. Darth Augur

Still well over 350 on Lockjaw. And, most of the time can't even get into general or kunark channels.
  7. Pikallo Augur

Lol you are like 2 weeks into Kunark
  8. EQ1999 Elder

Ragefire will be "dead" before Jan 1.

It is a shame because releasing Velious in December would have actually seen server growth with people on holiday/school breaks. Without a swift move from DBG, they'll have to take some medicine on this experiment and hope it doesn't hurt future TLPs.

At this rate, there will be a LJ/Ragefire merger during Luclin or sooner out of necessity. This isn't crying wolf - just log on folks. Box numbers in zones and chat channels do not = healthy server.

@Roshen Do you guys care so little about your product that you can't at least offer a more appropriately worded vote? I'm assuming most accounts will run out by the end of Nov/Dec so it probably won't matter that much past then.
  9. Oldschool Elder

I am more than happy with the longer timer. It gives me time to go back and play some of the classes that I never tried "back in the day" I realize that some people do not want this, but isn't that why there was a vote? and also free transfers offered back then at the time of the vote? Not trying to be inflammatory, but if you do not like the longer unlock timers, then transfer to Ragefire.
  10. Esper Augur

This is about Ragefire...
  11. ElaidaTL Augur

Right but it seemed from the start that ragefire was home for the more accelerated pace. indeed this was the case for classic to kunark.. but now to reverse that... it seems like a bait and switch. additional votes or not. there are folks who started on ragefire after the vote BECAUSE of that initial vote being for faster unlock. make one faster.. one slower.. permanently and allow 1 time x-fers and be done with it.
  12. Mwapo Augur

from https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-lockjaw-kunark-poll-results.224474/
    No one sees where people thought that Ragefire was on a faster timeline? Really? Just confusion on our part then? Gotcha. This developer post must not allude to a faster unlock time at all. Not even a little bit.
  13. Crystilla Augur

This couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that EQ just released a new expansion yesterday could it? And folks who were playing on Ragefire are back on their regular servers for a while?
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Tinytinker Augur

I think it's like Crystilla said and people are off enjoying the new expansion. I'm seeing friends who went to the TLPs logged in on live. This weekend, I plan on spending some time grouping with them, so I won't be around as much on the TLPs either. But I'll be sure to come back to Lockjaw and Ragefire.
  15. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

16. Sagnid Augur

Sucks that the heiro cloak market must have dried up on you. I always had fun killing that bot crew.
  17. Mwapo Augur

My post history? Lol. We're grasping at straws now, aren't we.

I don't think I'm the one that needs professional help here. The sociopath that pretends to know about everyone's mental health is more likely the one who needs help.

I'm posting relevant quotes from a developer who said that ragefire would be accelerated and we would look into returning to a six month schedule. Do you know what has to happen to return to something? You have to leave it. So we left a six month schedule and people rightfully believed we were on a three month schedule. We have since returned to a six month schedule due to incompetence and people not asking questions before voting. The server will in turn suffer.

But please, continue to claim me as mentally unstable due to some forum posts. You're doing the lord's work.
  18. Agrippa Augur

I spent two hours this afternoon as the only player in Rathe Mountains on Lockjaw. You know the servers are becoming platinum heavy when no one is farming giants. I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise with how many planar gems were farmed by mage bots during classic, though. I'm sure the lot the them introduced as much platinum into each server as all of the original servers had through PoP combined.
  19. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Fixed it for you Mwapo. No thank you needed!
  20. EQ1999 Elder

I can only speak for me. I let 12 accounts expire that only had toons on Ragefire. I've got several friends who have done the same.

The devs (or at least the accountants!) know exactly how many full-access accounts are ending/have ended. Unfortunately, the new expansion may be diluting that number with people returning to live. Of course, that hurts Ragefire, since it leads to more stagnation and waiting. Wondering how far the server will sink before they finally take action. If no one's around to vote....then what?