Devs, Please restrict casting on (charmed) pets by players not in group. #greiffing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. MMOer Augur

Devs,
    Please restrict players from being able to cast spells on charmed pets. It is being used as a grieffing tactic.

Do not want to publicize it but its becoming an issue. With dots and dispel people are killing enchanters. Unlike bards we can not just run away.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How does one stop an outside enc from charming a rare and running away then?
    Hotel likes this.
  3. Rhodz Augur

mez memblur or just return the favor may not win the exchange but will turn into a giant pita and lead to a more civil attitude.
    Whole lots of trash washed in from somewhere some folks with huge axes to grind for some reason
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Other players having the ability to dispell charm is one of the few things keeping Enchanters from being able to just run roughshod over anyone and everyone, we already have Mage armies making a comeback (albeit on a smaller scale).

Also btw if your class can't cast a dispell you can buy a Crystallized Pumice from vendors for a few plat and it has clicky charges of dispell. It casts faster than gate too.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4581

Probably want to keep a couple of these and have one on your hotbar for easy click as soon as charm lands. Will be able to beat their gate if you time it correctly.
  5. Rhodz Augur

This also true but then where is the counter balance to keep people from running roughshod over Enchanters? We had to layoff the game this week due to IRL issues but before that just out of no where for really no reason boom charms dispelled. Finally caught one of the the guys doing it once and he thought it was his right to do so.
    Meh bad juju DBG needs to take some of that krono cash and invest in some GMs or this will do nothing but get worse.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

There isn't a counter really, but I suspect if they weren't using constantly using charmed mobs to monopolise content people wouldn't be inclined to bother them.

This game isn't balanced or fair.
  7. Kylo Classic Augur

The biggest problem is Enchanters charming mobs you are fighting and then gate and kill it somewhere else. Maybe charm should just be removed from the game. Charmed mobs are far superior to other classes pets, it doesn't seem right that one class is so overpowered.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Fair?
    Are you not allowed to play a Enc? How does that work exactly?

Sure remove charm and while you are at it remove every other class' defining attribute.
    Wait that would be WoW ... go play that.
    Enc pay a lot for that charm
  9. Ultrazen Augur

Dispelling an enchanters charm is absolutely no different than training someone, and should be treated as such by DBGs. You are causing a mob that isn't otherwise agro, to become agro on another player.
    NoWay likes this.
  10. MaxTheLion Augur

Turn on your logs, make an audio trigger for dispell and /report the player. It's the player causing the issue, not the game mechanic. Do NOT use your thin skin and to charm.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Unfortunately, what probably led this problem is enchanters using charm to steal named. It sucks when people use things to grief which leads to these issues. In all likelyhood, it is probably some of the same enchanters asking for dispell to not work that are doing this.
  12. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Yaaahhh, I'm gonna have to say no on that one.......

From what I have witnessed so far, the Enchanters that get their pets dispelled are ones that are being or trying to monopolize content. Just a hypothetical example......lets say, just over this last weekend I was out on Seafurry Island attempting to grind out a level and make a little plat while I was looking for a group. Some Enchanter/Druid team has Allizewsaur charmed and were effectively wiping out 3/4 of the island. No problem, in this hypothetical example, I go to the side and just pull my Seafurry, figuring "Heck, hes already got three hes currently fighting what does he care is I take one every once in awhile". Nope, he promptly (With all three of the other Cyclops still up), changes target and takes mine too. Now I understand this is a DPS race and that is the official rule, but there is no possible way a lower 40s caster can out DPS the Allizewsaur. Continue on, ignore the KSing.......fast forward to six more occurrences. Well, this Enchanter can obviously handle a lot and this is not longer a challenge for him, let me help him.....wait for three Seafurry on Allizewsaur along with Corrupt agro...."dispel, dispel, dispel......Loading please wait". Now this hypothetical situation could of been avoided if the Enchanter had not been so greedy and decided not to be an hypothetical .

.....btw in this example in the only other pick there was another Enchanter doing the same thing with a Mage box army at his disposal. Took more planning and a lot more dispell, his PC showed him the loading screen too.

Treat people with respect, you will get it to. Whats the official rule on dispel anyway, withing the rules?
    TLP Addict likes this.
  13. Finchy Augur

i view dispell as harassment and griefing another player, which falls under training someone. When someone messed with me and tries dispelling my pet i just /report the window and take a snapshot of gamparse and generate a petition referencing the /report and the snapshot.

no idea if DBG actually does anything, but it calms me down enough to move on.
  14. Rhodz Augur

Yaaahhh, I am going to have to call BS on that.
    Unless a low level Enc soloing in SRo can monopolize content. As far as harassing other people heck at that point just staying out of trouble with the mobs is a full time job so being a to people to boot is pretty much out.
  15. BearmanSW Elder

As oldkracow said, then you're giving enchanters some supreme power with their charm and gate tactic.

The only real option is to flag more mobs as uncharmable. Unfortunately, charming some uber mobs and blowing stuff up is some of the most fun things to do in this game.

Speaking of overpowered charmable mobs...Slixen Klex in burning woods, Osargen in HHK, and the Froglok ilis Wizard who pops at disco one come to mind as contenders for the top of that list.
  16. Audio Lorekeeper

NPCs supposedly do not belong to a "camp" or a "party". Even though it is a dirty move, I am guessing there are no rules about dispelling an NPC at any time, no matter the circumstance. Of course I could be completely wrong here, which would be the usual.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

No there are definitely rules against dispelling charm pets, and many, many players have received suspensions for doing so.
    Nightmares and NoWay like this.
  18. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

I can only speak from what I have witnessed, mainly in LGuk and Oot, its not BS and if your not seeing it, you haven't really been playing in those zones. Pop into OoT on Seafurry island off and on, you will see all the Enchanter KSing you ever wanted to see. KSing maybe within the rules, but not exactly what the community would consider acceptable game play. Do it repeatedly and your begging for trouble.

Obviously there are probably people that get caught up in this all and are probably being legitimately harassed. But at higher levels there are a bunch of Enchanters who are totally abusing the system, doing what they want, to whoever they want. Only way to fight back? Dispel, dispel, dispel....eventually they either go away or leave you alone with their charmed whatever. I think the majority of players will leave the Enchanter alone if, he/she does not decide they own the world, including the mob we are currently fighting.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  19. Trevalon Augur

Yea Im gonna go with no on this as well. Enchanters and Bards already have an extreme advantage at stealing names (And if you haven't had this happen to you, just wait till you start your Veeshan's Peak key, your gonna love it that you can dispel the Ancient Jarsath).

While I do think dispelling charm to KS someone is a BS way of doing it, there is much more abuse that would/could happen if chanter charm could not be dispellable.

I mean seriously, All I have to do is sit at AM/Frenzy/Lord and everytime one of them pops I just have to charm it, run it back to my group in exe/sav/cav and suddenly I just stole every single name you ever got. lol, sorry bud, you wanted charm not dispellable...thanks for all the names :)
    Ellis and TLP Addict like this.
  20. Pikallo Augur

Any wizard mob is generally pretty terrible charm pet. Not only do they constantly refresh the MR self-buff, but they have lower hp and much less sustained and reliable damage. A hasted melee mob is far superior and that ilis wizard is nowhere near the top of the list.
    Illusory likes this.