Devs, Please restrict casting on (charmed) pets by players not in group. #greiffing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Moardots Lorekeeper

LOL what game have you been playing? Certainly not the same one I've played for ~18 years.

I was in the 3rd best raid guild in the game when I retired around PoR. I was in the top raid guild on P99 for a bit but pretty quickly got sick of socking and went more casual. I spent most of my time on Phinigel in the #1 guild over there as well. I've spent more time in hardcore #1-2 guild on my server than anything else in my nearly 20 year MMORPG history. If I'm not hardcore than almost nobody is.

P99 especially proves your statement false. Most of the core members of the top 2 raid guilds have full BiS gear (Lots of them on multiple chars) and they'll openly tell you one of the biggest reasons they raid and kill dragons is to prevent others from getting them.
  2. Soulfire Lorekeeper

Had an enchanter charm an Assasin pop in LGUK and run off with it to use it as a pet, thus that camp for named popped till he was done with the pet.

So yah, pelling a chanter's pet is NEEDED. I wasn't aware you could do it outside groups till after the fact.

Lotta 's play EQ so having some sort of control over them is needed.
  3. Soulfire Lorekeeper

P99 is a sickness and one of the worse EverQuest communities I'v ever been apart of.
    ...and yes you're right the denial of loot is what strive alot of people on P99 to keep going because they are deadbeat losers IRL that play for 12-18 hour shifts and the only satisfaction they get out of life is denying people pixels on free 2 play box that has 1k pop.
    (if you see the reality side of it it makes you cringe real hard)
    Green_Mage and nostalgicfool like this.
  4. nostalgicfool Augur

Really i don t get why people don't see that encounter lock solve most issues, for charm a little change can also solve many issues : once charm break the probably of mob rebellion increase a lot and for each new charm it will increase again. So 1 st charm may last 20mn, second will only last 6mn, third 2 mn and fourth 10 seconds.

Eq2 applies a huge debuf on charmed mob, the debuf is probably currently too high but a moderate debuff would be a solution.

Sadly in Eq2 enchanters neither mez nor charm, which is removing all of the fun ... there must be some in between solution.
  5. nostalgicfool Augur

We are lucky to have very few such "top players" on my TLP server.
  6. Rentic Journeyman

The community on TLP servers have become aware that DBG does nothing about these problems even petitioning with live stream will just waste your time because in the end you will get a reply from DBG with the same MO and nothing will become of it. I have watched groups move in on another group and just say they're taking these mobs with no care of the group that was there for hours or people who made characters just to get them to bind level and trained Lguk for 2 days straight the first week of the agnarr server. Then you have the people dispelling charm pets and the enchanters or bards who roll up with charm and walk away with a named mob from someone else's group. People being able to do this is nothing new but there was always respect of other players in EQ and now that people know DBG has no in game GM peace keepers they have rather quit the game or end up dishing out what has been dished to them and both are unhealthy for the game. You guys have done a great job of adding the picks and fixing a lot of the in game drama in the raid world and casuals but now that you have done that why not bring back the GM's and start enforcing again. GM's will have some work ahead of you in the start because of how bad things are with training/grieving in general but worth it to bring back a healthy community again.
  7. Arclyte Augur

there isn't a problem here

the only time I have seen charm dispelled is when the enchanter is being a dirtbag
  8. FumanchuTheIksar New Member

Don't want to get involved really in this argument on changes to enchanters because its nonsense if you think they will be changed. But for people saying only dirtbag enchanters get dispelled? Well twice I camped verina tomb all day and had her spawn only to have first my pet dispelled and then summoned killed, and second time a mage army dispell and kill both me and my guildies pets and get our entire group killed. Both times to give to a level 1 enchanter im sure they will RMT. Finally got it third time, after forgoing my pet while it was being dispelled, and somehow winning to a mindwipe from another enchanter as well from a guild I wont name thanks to a timely HT from my sk friend. So yeah....
  9. Moardots Lorekeeper

Not sure if you guys knew this or not. But Everquest has a built-in hardcoded method of deciding who gets any mob in the game. All you have to do is do 51% or more of the damage to said mob. That's it.

Things that DO NOT make you entitled to mobs:

You were sitting near where it spawns
    You've been sitting there for X amount of time
    You're a certain class that can use a certain item a nearby mob drops
    You claimed a mob/area in /ooc
    You started attacking the mob half a second before someone else

Hope this helps
  10. milbenator2 New Member

Anytime someone wants my camp, or has any sort of disagreement or gets upset for any number of reasons they start dispelling my charm pet, then proceeding to dispel my mezzes. Just yesterday I had it happen 2 times at two different King camps in Lguk and once at the crusader. It happened on phinny but not like here, as a chanter my pet gets dispelled on a daily occurrence and have had to setup OBS to record people doing it.
  11. Rentic Journeyman

Its called common courtesy for your fellow gamers not what rules I can use to be a to them
  12. Moardots Lorekeeper

If you have an Nvidia graphics card use Shadowplay. I've submitted shadowplay evidence of charm pet dispelling 3 times since Agnarr came out and haven't seen any of those 3 players since report. I have them on friends list which I check daily. Anecdotal evidence sure but it seems to have worked imo. It's also happened waaaaaaaaay more than 3 times but most of the time I'm too lazy to actually edit/upload the video clip and petition it. I only bother if said person really pissed me off or caused my death.
    Skunt likes this.
  13. Rauven Augur

DPS Race rules all.

You are allowed to Cancel Magic a charmed mob to kill it. This won't change until the guidelines change from DPS Race to First Hit.

Its what you all wanted. Its what you got.

It also allows rogues to pick pocket mobs you are killing. Its not their fault they didn't do enough DPS to kill the mob for 'credit' while pick pocketing a mob they were trying to kill. Pick pocket is now the DPS tax. Fail to kill the mob quickly enough and you lose 75-100% of the coin it would have had.
  14. Adonhiram Augur

Iirc, only dungeons in Kunark are flagged unbindable (with the exception of CoM because it is considered as a city), however, binding in a dungeon is self-only, won't work on a melee in group.
  15. snailish Augur

If melee combat from a PC engaged a mob by putting a "song" on the NPC that makes the NPC charm immune for a short time (like any song it would fade if not being refreshed) it would be much more difficult to charm-steal someone's mob.

A group wanting to charm an add would have to lock it down and wait for the effect to fade, if a melee hit had engaged it. Note that the melee hit would be from any class taking a swing so this doesn't preclude an all caster group from locking out their mobs from being charmed. As long as no one is bonking adds with a melee hit, they would be charmable.

The using charm to steal an NPC player would have to lock their target down, clear the effect and land charm to do a successful steal, which would be interrupted at any point by someone giving it a smack.
  16. MaxTheLion Augur

This is a dumb idea and will lead to wipes for low-mid groups.
  17. Boosi Lorekeeper

If you get a mob stolen from you by an enchanter you're not paying attention. Dispell and pumice are available to every class in the game. Stop crying for development change on a non issue.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Perhaps all dungeons post-Classic are non-bindable. I thought classic dungeons were restricted, too, but obviously not.
  19. Skunt New Member

I agree. I have seen this happen a lot. I am recording these incidents and reporting with the evidence as well. If training is an actionable offense, then dispelling charm and/or mez probably is as well.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  20. Adonhiram Augur

Let's try out ? It's funny to experiment around - I think we can assume that zones requiring a flag or a key won't be bindable, but there are plenty of dungeons to try out and let's see if there is a general rule with few or no exceptions