Devs, Please restrict casting on (charmed) pets by players not in group. #greiffing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Your over reacting.....the people who post here are mostly trolls and at the very least the vocal minority, and in no way a representation of the rest of the EQ community. With that being said, the vast majority, including the posters here, are not going to just dispel your pet for and giggles, 9-10 times its got to be provoked.

As for Necros and them not being susceptible to this type of greifing....complete BS. I have had my pets(we get charm undead) dispelled in LGuk, by....you guessed it.....Enchanters(among others), in order to try to wipe the group in the middle of a named fight. Heck I even had a fellow Necro following me around on Seafurry Island dispelling my snares on feared mobs, just to be an .

Adding new coded rules to combat the minority of that are greifing you is ridiculous. Way more harm then good will come of it. If you make Enchanters untouchable, guess what the greifers are all gonna play.....the god mode class. At the end of the day, your never going to get rid of in games like this, just keep in perspective how very few they really are compared to the majority of decent players.
  2. Progress Augur

There is no enchanter god mode. It's the same mode that it has been in since EQ started. Don't be angry that enchanter's are playing the class as it was originally intended, rather than sitting there casting clarity and haste with an occasional mez.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If you don't want your charmed pet to get dispelled it's real simple just follow these rules.

• Don't charm rare mobs from other people's camps
    • Don't use a super pet to steal other people's camps
    • Don't use some OP charm pet to clear entire areas when there are groups trying to exp
    It's really that simple, haven't had one person dispel a pet of mine to date.
  4. Ellis Elder

Absolutely not. So I'm camping hamlord, AM spawns, I start killing it, and some idiot enchanter can walk up and charm him and go "Haha he's mine now". I don't think so. Even as it stands I better be fast to dispel it or he can gate and kill it at his leisure, or keep it (or a PH) as a pet and be a and deny me respawns. And you want the devs to take away the only thing we can do to stop it?
  5. Tevez Augur

Just spit balling here, but if they did indeed make charm undispelable (quite sure they wouldn't do this) then I reckon they'd need to make it a bannable offence to charm a mob which is currently engaged by a group. Charm already takes 5sec+ (depending on which spell level) to cast so its unlikely that your group wont engage the named mob you have been camping within that time. Now one of the issues I can see with this is if the chanter tashs the mob first and then proceeds to charm they may be able to avoid said ban as they can claim they engaged the mob first. This would still be a bit of a flimsy argument as the group could start engaging the mob creating a dps race scenario which would then make charming against the rules.

This would be due to the fact that once they have charmed the mob it is no longer a dps race for loot as the enchanter now has complete control over the situation. This would make griefers think again about attempting this as it is very easy to prove with a video and it wouldn't take any additional coding (aside form charm being undispellable). Granted this would require someone to actually be filming at the time but if you ever saw an enchanter or bard roam in at your camp you could just start recording.

This could be extended to simple stealing of mobs as well not just named, if your group has pulled X amount of mobs and has CC'd them if now a bard came in, broke mez and charmed one to pull away they could also be banned. Im quite sure breaking mez is already punishable (although im not sure if its only to cause the initial group to wipe/added pressure and not to steal a mob) so perhaps this would be a double whammy on the Bard or Enchanters behalf.