Devs, Please restrict casting on (charmed) pets by players not in group. #greiffing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. nostalgicfool Augur

It is very obvious, sadly some minority of terrible players think that Everquest is a PVP game... I advice them to go and plat DBG zombie game it's a jump-around-and-dance-on-bodies FPS that will be perfect for them.
    Hotel likes this.
  2. MMOer Augur

So I see many people saying this is OK because it gives them the ability to thwart enchanters who use charm to snatch named mobs. That they only see it an or do it when that scenario happens.

When I made this thread it because people are doing it to grief enchanters. That is when I see it happening.

Daybreak can make all named mobs uncharmable. They have done it elsewhere if they want. That s fine but something needs to be done about dispelling charmed mobs because every caster can grief enchanters hard with impunity and that is not OK no matter what excuse or justifications you try to give it.
  3. YouareWrong New Member

Why is the enchanter pet being dispelled? That is the reason you need to focus on:

Did the chanter charm a named mob or PH? JUSTIFIED
    Did the chanter charm a mob you were killing? JUSTIFIED

Most people don't just go up to an enchanter and dispel their pet for no reason. Most likely the enchanter was abusing their power and griefing people first.

If you think you are being griefed, /guildhelp otherwise shut up on the forums you crybabies.
  4. Rauven Augur

You are allowed to dispel a mob you intend to kill. Whether it was charmed or not is irrelevant. DPS Race rules supreme. If a mob is charmed and you need to dispel it in order to damage it, its fair game.

That's what DPS race over First Tag means. That's just how it is now.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Maybe if you are a db.
  6. Breeziyo New Member

Please explain how dispelling a charmed mob that you were camping is being a db? I've literally been in groups where an enchanter /picked over to our camp, charmed our named pop and took it away to kill it. They even linked the rare drop afterward.

Enchanters are the biggest prima donnas I've ever seen in a video game smfh
  7. Communist Puppy Augur

Simple way to do it now would just be make mark all rare mobs uncharmable(they went back and made all the named mobs in classic-pop rare flagged for hunter achievements now). If youre charming rare mobs, more often then not its to grief, take the mob away from someone else, or use it to slaughter everything because it is going to be stronger then everything else by a longshot.
  8. Over_Nuker New Member

I do not see any rule here for dispelling a charmed named on someone who is, o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area. and KSing everyone
  9. Rhodz Augur

So do nothing, seems you have your method of combating such tactics.
    The matter could be made worse by the attempt to fix since people inclined to grief others always find a way to use the game against itself. It is almost an EQ tradition.
  10. Rauven Augur

There's alot of immoral things you can do and get away with. You're trying to impose your morality on others and sadly to say the world doesn't work that way. You can stamp your feet and call people names on a internet forum but you accomplish nothing.

You still lose your charmed mob at the end of the day. So what are you going to do now? Do something about it, or bend over and take it and cry about it? You're doing the latter right now. Is that what you want?

I don't condone the behavior myself so don't shoot the messenger here. I just realize there is NO, and I mean absolutely NO incentives for those people who take your charmed targets to play nice and leave it alone. If it has drops and exp available, they have every reason (in their mind) to take it from you. They get theirs, you don't. And you do NOT matter to them. Not now, not later, not ever.

They get their stuff they want. You don't, you cry insults at them, and they get a giggle. Thats how it works right now.
  11. Drakkal Elder

Lol kinda the same thing happens in reverse when that Enchanter runs over the hill to KS every single Seafurry and the Ancient Cyclops from your with his charmed Allizewsaur. I have had Enchanters KS named mobs with either a charmed mob or gate and kill tactic, charm/memblur and kill named mobs when they are significantly higher level then those attempting to camp it. What goes around, comes around, leave things the way they are, it works out.

Enchanter tears are the most precious....../auc WTS Enchanter Tears, 3 krono.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Talk about shooting the messenger. I don't have a dog in this fight so makes no difference to me. Your comment that I quoted was without context. I've never dispelled anyone's charm nor have I had my charm dispelled. What was it I was crying about again?
  13. Rauven Augur

So this statement was posted in the wrong thread? Or you somehow accidentally posted it?

If you don't want something taken out of context then put context into it. Otherwise I'll do it for you. If you don't like it, hit the ignore button and do both of us a favor.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

You know, that's an awesome idea. Thanks.
  15. MMOer Augur

As you can clearly see from these post people feel like this is a very viable way of combating an enchanter. No other class has this weakness. You can not dispell mage and necro pets. You can not dispell warrior armor. You can not mute a clerics ability to cast heals.Etc etc.

Enchanters are being greifed at the will of toxic players and they feel completely justified for whatever reason they choose because its part of the game mechanic. Because the enchanter did this or that.... the enchanter is taking the mob I want. The enchanter should not have choose to be an enchanter. The enchanter can just leave and play some other game. The enchanter is a crybaby, deal with it. Very very clear in the response of this thread just how big a problem this is. The enchanter is my competition and I have a win button that I can use to totally shut them down and I like it. I just feel like being mean and bulling a play in game. So many reason.

It needs to change. No class should be able to grief another class like this. This isnt the solution. It needs an immediate hotfix.
  16. Progress Augur

I am going to have to agree with the people that are supporting enchanter pet's immunity to dispel outside enchanter or those in their group. The excuse that enchanter's are using it to snagged named doesn't justify the harassment. I have had my charmed pet dispelled during a DPS race, yet I had no recourse against the mage that did it. This gives an unfair advantage to all other classes vs the enchanter when it comes to DPS racing which is the current play nice policy. DBG has already nerfed charm in Chardok.
  17. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Oh so you want enchanter god mode so you all can be free to terrorize all of norrath without any way of fighting back, sorry but it ain't gonna happen.

Enchanters already have an unfair advantage over all the other classes, dispelling the charm is the only way of maintaining checks and balances against greedy enchanters.
  18. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

o_O

Enchanters don't "need" charm pets, it's one of their utilities, but you are comparing dispelling a charm pet to taking away a warrior's armor?

Wow dude, just wow, this sad pathetic attempt at an holy power grab for enchanters so they can take all the nameds, win all the DPS races and never have any competition again.
  19. SylSyl Lorekeeper

The length of this thread suggests the issue won't just go away. Dispelling other players will either be allowed or not allowed. Even if no official answer comes, enough petitions and reports will be filed that we'll figure out what the policy is.

Yeah, enchanters don't 'need' charmed pets. But warriors don't 'need' buffs and DPS don't 'need' haste, and raid bosses don't 'need' to be slowed either. I am NOT looking forward to dispel-fests at open-world raids.

Reducing griefing would be nice, but personally I just want whatever answer leads to the least amount of PvP.
  20. Rauven Augur

Welcome to EQ. Sometimes your class is garbage. Deal with it. Or be a WoW player if you can't handle it.