Devs: Please Help Monks Out

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Samtan, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Maereax Augur

2. Lanthor Elder

I think we are to far gone at this point to nerf a bunch of ADPS. It would better to stagnate it slightly, and spread it around to find an equilibrium point the developers can work with. As it stands now there is a huge disparity in guilds who can maximize a few key classes.

That would be my concern too, but at least you would have somewhere to go.... I should add there are some events this would keep you with DPS. We use SK this way sometimes if events are brutal on DPS and we need to keep them rolling (hi knights).

They would need a pretty sparkling personality! I keep asking myself what else are they offering, and why take the 10% loss? I mean I would certainly rather a zerker for another warcry because that alone will return a huge raid synergy. The monk edge on zerkers is that they (zerkers) die more often, but its not nearly worth the exchange for warcry. I might MIGHT consider them over a rogue, but I really don't see rogues die all that much now days. Truth be told unless they fit in my top 3 melee DPS groups for some reason, I will take another paladin/ranger/beast/bard etc and boost a tank group instead of putting a monk in a non modified group.
  3. Maereax Augur

I'm sure they won't remove it, but I also think adding more (even if it's the same effects) is a bad idea. There will always be some reason some guild doesn't have enough of X effect, and anymore raids are being tuned around having the ADPS, which sucks.

100% disclosure? I'd rather be in the groups I'm in over the tank groups regularly. I occasionally get a DPS spot when someone is missing now, if getting stuck in tank groups was a regular thing, that wouldn't happen.

I don't really know. Honestly, if that level of balance were achieved, I think we'd be raid desirable. I also think it's rare that anyone achieves that 'max everything, PERFECT burn' level of DPS. I guess it's something to think about... what we could bring to a raid that will make us desirable in DPS groups without being too strong and without aggravating the other factors at play.
  4. shiftie Augur

They could make bard songs AE ie: ae aria that way all groups in raid get modded. In group you'd still get qt/fierce/epic etc but non bard groups would at least bring the level up to a more reasonable standard. If you spread things around like shaman epic you just end up with classes extending their burns. Using the highest mod available for the beginning and then making use of the other mod as that fades. Look at what happened with HHE.
  5. silku Augur

If this change was implemented would there be any point in having more than one bard in a raid?
  6. shiftie Augur

they would still give all the in group benefits. Could be coded so each bard could sing only 1 ae song and then 4 could keep the benefits on the whole raid, whether dps, mana regen or tanking boons.

The average dps of the raid would go up but the full burns would be still in group dependent. Would help alleviate some of the problems.
  7. sojuu Augur

I think this would cause more harm than good. Now the devs need to up mobs hp since the entire raid is doing more dps. And it doesnt help the fact monks are really just crappy dps compared to the other classes. Monks need things like higher crit rates, higher crites, higher base dmg, fist of steel procing on all weapons, and higher dmg on flying kicks, and the list goes on and on. We dont need supportt of another class to fix our issues because once that other class is gone were right back where we left off.
  8. Maereax Augur

Monks themselves need a fix, not bards doing AE songs. That would completely skew every melee class, lower the desirability of bard, and raise the ADPS problem instead of fixing it.

The devs have been givin the info and have told us they're going to look into it. Until we hear back one way or another we just have to be patient and wait.
  9. Zzlaarr Elder

I'm patient but I can't stand the silence anymore.
  10. sojuu Augur

The silence is why i started working on my zeker, I hate the thought of leaving the monk but guess being forced to do so if I want to be dps again.
  11. Brogett Augur

I don't really see that as in issue, for any pure melee but especially for monks. Currently the caster top burn class, Wizard, dominates melee on sustained dps. Given that almost every fight is a duration fight now I really don't see it as an issue if people use clicks and AAs to extend their burn durations a bit more.
  12. Pirlo Augur

I would not use the word dominate.
    I've beaten, and been beaten by, berserkers, rogues, and beastlords on sustained.

I would use the word, 'competitive'.

Edit: Oops, forgot to add, hope monks get the ups they seek
    Obiziana likes this.
  13. Maereax Augur

We did receive a reply and it was posted on monkly-buisiness. It's as follows:

14. Gladare Augur

Yay for a response.
  15. Samtan Lorekeeper

I dont see any posts on monkley regarding that. What section or thread is it on?
  16. sojuu Augur

in
    general under devs threads
  17. Gragas Augur

Make a rogue, ranger or beastlord, because there are 45 secs of glory then the rest is just mediocre DPS at best and no mitigation IE you are gonna die 12 times as much as a berserker on any content that a monk can tank no problem, true story.
  18. Zzlaarr Elder

While I know the post you quoted, when I am talking about "silence" I was more thinking about silence on the official communication platform (what I consider this board to be) instead of a private message by Piestro, basically stating nothing more than what the status was back in IRC chat months ago.
    That the Devs can communicate and fairly quick at that can be seen in various other threads here on the boards. It just seems that our topic is being avoided like a "Black death colony" in the middle ages.
    I don't ask for spilling any secret details. I and probably many others just would like to get the feeling that some progress is being made or even in which direction this is going.

Not sure, that's too much being asked for?
  19. sojuu Augur

I agree it isnt too much to ask. I can't say enough how frustrating this is, it is like the devs are basically saying screw you, we don't care to fix the issues you are having in game. But hey we still want to take your money each month just not offer anything in return.
  20. Maereax Augur

I don't know if that's fair at all. There's, what, seven EQ devs? Eight? And they're releasing anniversary events tomorrow and half of an expansion next month?

They've told us they are aware of the problem and my interpretation of what they said is more or less that we should not expect anything before SoF launches. Personally, I don't expect anything to happen before SoF releases. After that is when, hopefully, they'll look into things for us.

That said, they also almost never post in these class forums. Patience guys. In the meantime, let's keep up the active parsing and bug reporting so that when they're ready for us we are prepared and can assist them however they may/may not need.