Devs: Please Help Monks Out

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Samtan, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Rtugok Developer

Correct on the chances, but take them in the context of they aren't real percent chances as they are the percent chance to happen if the hit before them happened. Also, drop the decimal places because integers. So at max rank 3rd is 25% and 4th is 6% of 25% and 5th is 1% of that.
  2. Tanecho Augur

Okay, so when you said a 25% chance of 3, you meant 3 "extra" instead of 3 total? I think that's where you lost me.

I went through my logs for the last 2 days, I have what looks like about 2-3 instances of 1 extra (presumably a lost % that was talked about previously?), with everything else being 2 extra attacks.

Regardless, thanks for the attention, this all sounds like good stuff.
  3. Zzlaarr Elder

Thanks for looking into this Rtugok, it's really appreciated.
    I have more questions/feedback but I guess I'll have to hold my breath till the right forum for that is up. :D
  4. Nedrom Augur

After seeing beta the last two days and trying some things out I'm not pleased, and I'm not the only one. I won't get into details of what's in Beta (even though there is no NDA), but I'm quite disappointed.
  5. Stewy New Member

Might want to take another look Ned. The monks in serverwide were a bit more optimistic this evening.
  6. sojuu Augur

I think in general in beta most monks are happy with the changes. There can be some tweaks here and there, but the real test will be seeing how we compare to others.
  7. Nedrom Augur

8. Imuu New Member

Just waiting on acceptance email :( takes forever
  9. Gladare Augur

They just don't like us on The Rathe.
  10. Imuu New Member

considering their post said it would be quick with acceptance etc....... I'm not seeing it lol
  11. Bighitz Augur

I had a monk main up untill and in VOA, you didnt see me then ask for alot of more DPS. wether or not you guys should get it, i cannot and will not comment on - but you have very low reuse fade, you can pull even if its not as used as it has been and you got massive survival in the event that something goes wrong in raid or simply to survive AOE etc. This makes you a more stable version of DPS than a rogue / zerker. I think monks should be behind rogues and berserkers and with some margin - but cannot be allowed to enter a hybrid DPS, they are not hybrids, they are durable DPSers / pullers.

Some of you monks argue for DPS that to be honest is a reflection of wanting to be the top dog melee DPSer, and if you want to be that you will have to reroll rogue or berserker - i dont see devs suddenly making you uber durable and the best melee dpsers. Its alot like mages wanting to outnuke wizards :).
  12. Nedrom Augur

stop trolling
    Ishtass likes this.
  13. Bighitz Augur

is it trolling to state what should be obivous? - of course monks cannot be on level with us provided we live and have support, if you care a bit about balancing that shouldn't be happening.

I have been playing a monk to max AA and for a long time, i have no hate or reason to troll the class i can just see alot of monks having the same thoughts as me when i played monk. maybe making monk pulling more sought out could be a solution in raids, because yes that is one area where monks have lost ground to other classes.
  14. Ishtass Augur

Pulling game is dead, and we're outshined by bards who have immediate fades. Raid desirability comes down to dps, and if we're not close, we're not wanted. Find me any guild who would take a monk over a berzerker/rogue. I wonder why that is. It sure as he*l isn't because of our "uber" survivability.

Go back to calling nerfs on wizards.
    Thrillho likes this.
  15. sojuu Augur

All I can say is thank you to the devs for hearing our concerns. We finally are viable on raids again. As for the zerker troll posting here hopefully the devs see he has no clue what he is speaking of. Considering monks never asked to be ahead of zerkers or rogues and we still are not. We only asked to be slightly behind them as we currently are atm. And I for one am very happy with the help we recieved.
    Nedrom, Daedly and Ishtass like this.
  16. Bighitz Augur

no clue what i am speaking of?, i got a max VOA AAed monk. I am not trolling you guys, i rerolled because my logical conclusion was and still is that monks are gonna be around 85% of a berserker on burn, a bit closer on sustained, but still lower. And what i wanted was DPS so i rerolled berserker.

But what do i know, classes seems to be beefed up and nerfed for random reasons this time around...
  17. Thrillho Augur

Absolutely. Well done, devs. Thank you. It's nice to see ones name in the single digits on the parse lists.
    Nedrom likes this.
  18. Nedrom Augur

I have to admit, I was quite critical of the changes and even without being max level/max aa, I can see an improvement with monks at the group level.

Thank you devs.
  19. Brogett Augur

Right now, most of them would. Before ShoF, not many I guess. Monks need to be close to ber/rog for dps, close enough that dps isn't going to be a major concern of whether or not to take them. It doesn't mean they should be top though, but close. :)

And yes I did support monks for getting a boost - I'm glad you got it. My beef is with melee vs casters right now, not with monks.
    Zzlaarr and Ishtass like this.
  20. Bighitz Augur

Berserkers should get dualwield like monks!, and crane stance, and a zan fi kinda disc....

Just kidding. I like that you guys got a bump up this expansion.. ;)
    Ishtass likes this.