Dev's broke Zerker class

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xulore, May 2, 2013.

1. Brogett Augur

Even when the wizards called it meleequest they were wrong; they should have been calling it necroquest or everdot as they were the true kings then.

As for high burst, we obviously know wiz can't keep their burst up indefinitely, just how a berserker burn (which can be truely godly) can't be kept up for long at all, nor can a rogue's. However the melee classes have a cliff they fall off. We have a couple big burn discs and then the dps plummets. The averaged dps over the fight of course will fall more gracefully, but it still falls quickly as the burn portion is probably only a minute. Wizards though seem to have a much slower rate of drop in their peak burst dps, which is why other casters nicknamed them "burstained". However on a long long fight we tend to see them in the mix with monks, rogs and berserkers, so it's not THAT far out of balance really. Tuning needed more than wholesale revamps.
    Aggememnon likes this.
  2. Badname0553. Elder

Wizards are second only to necros and even then its only on fights longer than 4 or 5 minutes. Otherwise they can and should win unless they go against skilled berserkers on burst. If yours are not tell them to check out elitegamers its all but spelled out how to dominate everyone. All other burst classes fall off a cliff in dps after their peak which is the way it has always been. One class has been allowed to break that mold for the past 2 years and now everyone is crying foul and in turn also wants stuff that will break the game further. Logic says fix what is broken and not break 6 other things to then be equal to the broken one.
  3. Phrett Augur

Rather than risk saying something that would come off as snide (which is not my intent), I'll just agree to disagree with you on this point. The one caveat is that we're so heavily dependent on support to top one or two of those classes you mentioned... and I'll be the first to agree that berserkers need to be far less dependent on group makeup to hit their potential.
  4. Blaze69 New Member

Fair enough I understand what you would of said lol. But yeah maybe a firm 4th place wasn't the right choice of words its more like a never 1st, rarely second, sometimes 3rd/4th or lower if things don't go well. And yeah that is heavily reliant on us getting a good support especially during our burn if furious ramp gets wasted odds of us pulling ahead of the other melees is pretty much none. I still feel the best fix for our sustained problem though would be a HH proc as it wouldn't effect our burns if everyone clicked their stuff, but it would help burns help burns when HH clicks weren't/couldn't be clicked reducing out reliance on them a tad and it would also benefit the group game nicely as well.